More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:41:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Abandonated Mods Needing Updates for Free Time
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Abandonated Mods Needing Updates for Free Time  (Read 138777 times)
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
Re: Abandonated Mods Needing Updates for Free Time
« Reply #75 on: 2008 March 07, 16:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be something else conflicting with it.  I used Jordi's and played a family for 6 hrs yesterday with no problems.  2 women 1 man and 8 kids under 5 with a dog.

This must be what going mad feels like.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 March 07, 18:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have lotfullofsims and all my households load and play fine. I don't think any of them have got past 8 members since I installed FT though, so I guess that's not very definitive.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 March 08, 01:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could we get a copy of the hackdiff between Bon Voyage and Free Time?  I'd like to see if any of my important mods are broken.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 March 08, 02:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could we get a copy of the hackdiff between Bon Voyage and Free Time?  I'd like to see if any of my important mods are broken.

BVp2 -> alleged FTp0 diff

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 March 08, 03:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a few issues with a couple of Monique's mods.

No Spin into Clothes - caused my sims to line up at the dresser and cycle from everyday->swim->underwear->everyday
No Auto Play Music Max Creativity - I'm not 100% positive, but I believe this mod was keeping my sims from gaining hobby points on the Guitar and Piano towards Music/Dance if they were at maximum creativity.

Not at all awesome
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 March 08, 10:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Spin into Clothes - caused my sims to line up at the dresser and cycle from everyday->swim->underwear->everyday
No Auto Play Music Max Creativity - I'm not 100% positive, but I believe this mod was keeping my sims from gaining hobby points on the Guitar and Piano towards Music/Dance if they were at maximum creativity.

Do you have any other clothes related hacks? No Spin into Clothes works fine for me.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 March 08, 15:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any other clothes related hacks? No Spin into Clothes works fine for me.

I use Dizzy's version for this. Are you sure his didn't sneak into your game as well?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 March 08, 16:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not know if this fits in here, but ChristianLovs Clothing rack - hack could really need an update, since it dosent have the option to choose Outdoor clothes  Undecided other than that it was a good little thing to have in the Downloads folder Smiley

And I donīt have an option to link to the file ...  Embarrassed

Rose

IIRC, you can do the same things with the coat rack available here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=225251. I haven't used Christianlov's clothing rack in ages, so I don't remember exactly what it does, but I do remember trading it in for this clothing rack once it became outdated. *shrug*

Thanks for that link  Smiley However, you can do more things with ChristianLovs Clothing Rack

You can see the sub-menus here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Mizz_Rose_Bud/ClothingRack/

It would be great it someone could update all the options, but for me the annoying thing is the missing outwear option. And, btw, it seems to work fine with all EPīs and Stuff Packs installed ... I have used it a lot in Pleasantview with no visible problems.

And now I have a internet connection, again, I can email the file if someone want to try.

Rose
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 March 08, 16:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's teleport mod (MQ_Teleport from MTS2) needs updating. With the mod installed your sims will not be able to hunt for bugs or bird watch. The hunt for bugs does not come up. With bird watch when selected, your Sims do nothing.

Squinges' Robots never break and elevators never break hackdiff reports as needing updating. The robots were changed with this expansion pack to allow the new interaction tinker.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 March 08, 17:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Monique move over to Insiminator?  That's where I get all her stuff.   

What section would she be in and under what name?  I was poking around there looking for her and there doesn't seem to be a Monique...

she doesn't have her own section, it's a sticky at the top of the page. drove me nuts looking for it a while back. http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=45926

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 March 08, 19:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She doesn't appear to be any more alive there than she does at MTS2 Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2008 March 08, 20:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's teleport mod (MQ_Teleport from MTS2) needs updating. With the mod installed your sims will not be able to hunt for bugs or bird watch. The hunt for bugs does not come up. With bird watch when selected, your Sims do nothing.

Oh man, I really hope someone does update that one...I use it all the time.  ><

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 March 08, 20:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Use Carrigon's teleport mod instead which is specifically for FreeTime ( http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2830 )
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 March 08, 22:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if these need to be updated or not, they're Squige's.

BottomLessFoodDish.package
MoveAwayFromFridge.package
NoMorePuddles.package
PetsBedStayClean.package
WriteTearmPaperFaster.package

They seem to work fine for me, though I do get a puddle every once in a while.

I really miss Monique. Specifically her <a href="http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=64137">Hacked Computer</a> and her <a href="http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65844">Hacked Bookcase</a>. Her bookcase was never updated for BV, but I still used it. Now I'm holding off for FT because I've been having problems with sims getting books. I really miss those two.

* BottomLessFoodDish.package (1.54 KB - downloaded 261 times.)
* MoveAwayFromFridge.package (1.91 KB - downloaded 266 times.)
* NoMorePuddles.package (0.51 KB - downloaded 271 times.)
* PetsBedsStayClean.package (1.07 KB - downloaded 321 times.)

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 March 08, 22:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if these need to be updated or not, they're Squige's.

BottomLessFoodDish.package
MoveAwayFromFridge.package
NoMorePuddles.package
PetsBedStayClean.package
WriteTearmPaperFaster.package

They seem to work fine for me, though I do get a puddle every once in a while.

I really miss Monique. Specifically her <a href="http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=64137">Hacked Computer</a> and her <a href="http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65844">Hacked Bookcase</a>. Her bookcase was never updated for BV, but I still used it. Now I'm holding off for FT because I've been having problems with sims getting books. I really miss those two.

The hacked computer did not scan as needing updates, so I would guess it probably works as advertised, only without any new FT functionality.  Has anybody had problems with it?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 March 08, 23:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope no problems with the pc. I've payed bills, mass emailed, played ssx, and used the private school fees. I've yet to have a sim write a novel though. I know things were changed with the new ep as far as that goes, so that's one thing i've been wanting to check but haven't gotten around to it.

but i have a problem with my sim. i put new custom sim into custom neighborhood, put christian's cook top. i macro-sozialize my sims at the beginning. later on, i realize that my sims won't do anything. they just stand still until they pee themselves, get hungry, dirty, and keep whining but they don't move >_< is it because of the cooktop?? i play traveller's lot and they do everything fine...
i removed the cooktop in my custom sim's lot but they still won't do anything...does it have anything to do with macrostatic or the cooktop?

I have the same problems with my sims not wanting to do anything unless I tell them. I'm pretty sure it's a conflict somewhere but just haven't felt like testing things out.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 March 09, 18:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as promised I am back to tell weather I got the lot full of sims hack to work and it is now. the only thing i can guess is that I updated some more of the hacks i had. shrugs. I have all the stuff i did before and some new ones too. and now the game isnt crashing. and i am going into one of the houses that had been crashing.

PS i dont think that the pets beds stay clean one needs updating I am using it and have played for days and havent had to clean a pet bed yet. And the lot I was playing had 7 pet beds.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 March 09, 19:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone's mailing Monique to see if she's intending to update, or how she feels about someone else doing it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 March 09, 23:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about Crammyboy's nudist hack?  It was updated and working fine in BV, but I don't know if it needs an update for FT or not (I haven't tried it in FT yet).

Karen

Is this the same one as quaxi_pets_censor_1? I couldn't find the readme, but I think when I downloaded it it was billed as Crammyboy's updated for BV. Anyway, it seems to be working just fine in my game. There were no errors in the log anyway. One odd thing happened when I was testing things, but I doubt it was because of this hack. The car my sims were driving back to their vacation home (a Maxis car with a Maxis recolor) the car turned from the color I originally used to the default one. I'm no programmer, so I can't tell you what had what to do with what. 
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 March 10, 11:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Dizzy's version for this. Are you sure his didn't sneak into your game as well?

Yes, I'm positive about that - I only have Dizzy's leftover and his NPC clothing hack (which lets e.g. the cow mascot wear casual outside campus) plus the asylum enforcer.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2008 March 10, 18:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: doren on 2008 February 29, 20:20:07
I would like to add pregnancywearanyoutfit by Squinge, which was never updated for BV. I miss that one.
That worked in BV for me.  Huh It's also working for me in FT.

Me three! It doesn't work for me with BV or FT.

kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 March 10, 19:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hacked computer did not scan as needing updates, so I would guess it probably works as advertised, only without any new FT functionality.  Has anybody had problems with it?

I have noticed that with Monique's computer installed, my Sims are not able to look for jobs on ANY computer.  They can still search by using the paper but if they try to search for a job on the computer, they sit there endlessly.  This same error occurred before it was updated for Seasons and Bon Voyage as well.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 March 10, 21:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that with Monique's computer installed, my Sims are not able to look for jobs on ANY computer.  They can still search by using the paper but if they try to search for a job on the computer, they sit there endlessly.  This same error occurred before it was updated for Seasons and Bon Voyage as well.

Even without her computer, I have my sims jumping from writing a novel. They can write one with the laptop, though all they get is money. All my sims want to do is read novels, but even when my sims have all their creativity skills and all they do is write novels, they still can't get a novel to read. Are they supposed to go out and buy them, or do they receive them in the mail someway? I could have just misunderstood what I read.

But the jumping is annoying.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 March 10, 21:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even without her computer, I have my sims jumping from writing a novel. They can write one with the laptop, though all they get is money. All my sims want to do is read novels, but even when my sims have all their creativity skills and all they do is write novels, they still can't get a novel to read. Are they supposed to go out and buy them, or do they receive them in the mail someway? I could have just misunderstood what I read.

But the jumping is annoying.

The novel is delivered to your doorstep once it's done, just after the phone rings.  You don't need to answer the door, the delivery man/woman will put the book down near the front door.  The book has the cover and title that you chose when writing it, and it can be added to the bookcase to be read by anyone in the house later.

If this isn't happening in your game, check that your hacks are all updated for FT.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 March 10, 21:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be a conflict or a bad download of the pc. I have her original pc's along with custom pc's that have her options and my sims were able to look for jobs just fine.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: