More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:40:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Roses PLUS a hot tub??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Roses PLUS a hot tub??  (Read 30265 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Roses PLUS a hot tub??
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 26, 20:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt it. My sims are still in college and they have a few presents. Their mom hasn't received any, but she didn't play the field as much ...

Only one sim lives in my main town so far, and she hasn't been on any dates yet, so I can't be certain. I just doubt it makes a difference.

For example, one person said that if you live downtown you're likely to have twins and my sims that live there have only had singletons. Of course, I keep my populations down, so I don't have a lot of data yet.

I just suspect that gifts, like twins, are random occurrences.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 26, 20:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe, Justin, Josh, and Justin's son Joel each have about 15 bouquets in their inventories. Notches on the bedpost- that's exactly why I keep them! I left one of Justin's bouquets on display in his bedroom so his then-wife could have a look-see at it. She cried lol.

So far the Goth-Bayfield home has gotten 2 dj booths, a stereo, 2 televisions and a statue from successful dates.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 26, 20:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too many roses?

Hmmmm...how about planting them outdoors?  Could save some $$$ on landscaping costs and maybe even a gardener, since weeds shouldn't sprout.  Could name the place Rose Hall. 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 26, 22:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gifts so far that I can remember are a piano, a statue, a couple of bonsai trees (one from a townie, one from a teen) and a vase, plus a few others I can't recall.  Today one of my Sims got some long thin red disco light thing (worth around $330) after an outing, which seemed a bit of a weird choice. 

I usually put the bouquets in the inventory once a new one comes from the same Sim.  I didn't realise they could be read by other Sims and cause 'problems' - won't be in such a hurry to get rid of them now.  Eventually, when the Sim dies, I will surround their gravestone with them.  I wonder if the messages will still cause problems then if they're read?  What I find annoying about them is that when they go into the inventory, it's no longer possible to see who sent them. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 26, 22:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you take them out of inventory they're readable again. I just tested this with Josh's inventory. I took the bouquet out, had him view, and it was from a sim I'd forgotten he'd even dated!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 26, 22:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you take them out of inventory they're readable again. I just tested this with Josh's inventory. I took the bouquet out, had him view, and it was from a sim I'd forgotten he'd even dated!

Yes, I thought they probably would be. Would just be easier and quicker to be able to go through them in the inventory without having to lay them all out all over the house and get the Sim to read them.  Not that I need to, I am just moaning ahead in case I ever have a need to. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 27, 20:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too many roses?

Hmmmm...how about planting them outdoors?  Could save some $$$ on landscaping costs and maybe even a gardener, since weeds shouldn't sprout.  Could name the place Rose Hall. 

That's exactly what I did ... I have a ruined mansion in the business district inhabited by a pair of romance vampires. They leave the roses scattered about everywhere like fallen lovers ... picturesque imagery, no? I've started a row of them along the edge of their property, which is mostly cement.

They just moved in together, so no fireworks yet, but just wait ... they're bound to start.  Cheesy

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 07, 23:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to know how the initial picking of the outing goes.  You know when you first move in someone is called for an outing.  It doesn't seem fair because it is always the same person.  It is okay when the romance sim gets called,but when it is her wealth sister who wants to paint to make money,it's a little annoying.  I have a set of sisters that inhabit all my towns (cause I love them so much) and in Pleasantville the romance sister, Baby Girl(--before I knew how to correct it--now it's her name) got all the outings which was okay even though I felt bad for her sister, Taula.  But in Veronaville it is her sister who is getting the calls(she really doesn't care--she has gotten a Fleur fountain,piano,kareoke machine,and a expensive stereo,plus a BBQ that we sold but she wants to earn the money and then spend it.  Now her sister who has the 20 woohoo wants only knows 10 of her future lovers instead of 15-20.  Is there something that will direct the call to the person you want it to go to like most of the time the person who answers the phone is the person the call is for.  It doesn't seem to work that way with this.  I have them go immediately to the store after moving in so they will meet some townies before the welcome wagon comes but that doesn't work for teens because they have to go to school.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 07, 23:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten a couple of hot tubs, and a karaoke machine, and a couple of more minor presents.  The funny thing is, the last time my Sim got the hot tub, was after her date had caught her cheating on him.  He dropped off the roses, caught her, dropped of the hot tub, and then a couple of Sim hours later, started stealing her newspaper and kicking over her trash can!   Cheesy
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 08, 00:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best thing my sim has ever gotten was a Mr. Bearly Butts chair. It would have been completely stupid if one of the sims living in the house wasn't pregnant. But still. Now I'm jealous of you all. Hot tubs, statues and all I get is a chair!

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 08, 00:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had NL since it came out and I've only had 1 dream date. No, no, I'm not a horrible player. It's quite easy in my opinion. I just haven't taken any Sims on dates. But anyway, the gift I recieved was a vase of roses with a love note, and a Dance Sphere.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 08, 00:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best thing my sim has ever gotten was a Mr. Bearly Butts chair. It would have been completely stupid if one of the sims living in the house wasn't pregnant. But still. Now I'm jealous of you all. Hot tubs, statues and all I get is a chair!

I got a Mr Bearly Butts chair when one of my Sims married a townie...it was in her inventory. Is it supposed to be beneficial to pregnant Sims?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 08, 00:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it in the kids room. Figured it would only be nice there. It was the only thing that made any sense in my head. Why would you give your boyfriend a Mr. Bearly Butts chair? He just shelled out a lot of money for that dream date. At the very least she could have dropped off a statue or even a tv or something useful!

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 08, 02:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I put it in the kids room too. It's bloody ugly but one of my Sim kiddies has taken a 'special' liking to it. Until he grows up I don't have the heart to sell it  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 08, 06:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The papergirl bought my teen Romance sim a DJ booth- she must earn far more than I did when I had a paper round.  Shocked  I put it in his inventory for him to sell for cash when he's out on his own.

I've also had a sim get a hottub, a pinball game and a garden gnome.  They look so funny when they sneak onto the lots and pull something huge out of a garbage bag.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 08, 06:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have gotten the expensive stereo and today I had a college sim get the pinball machine from her boyfriend (a bartender)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 08, 06:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marla Biggs of Uni (who put a few hours on a treadmill and in front of the mirror) had her second date with Nathan Bisgrove, a Uni geek born into one of my families.

After a visit to the Hub where they played darts, had dinner, and made out a bit, the date was over.  Great time for both of them.

The roses appeared on the sidewalk at Marla's place, but not long after so did a $6,500 hot tub with a note of appreciation from Nathan.

Is this an anomoly? 

Sure hope not; maybe he'll give her roses and a car the next time.   Grin

nope it's not an anomaly . I have a teen sim  That had a dream Date she  got  Roses and a Karaoke Machine from her teenage date.  I have an adult sims who has stereo's ,ming vases and hot tubs and 3 tvs as well as numerous other I tems from dates and from outings she has 5 poker tables and 3 pool tables in her inventory

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 08, 06:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear you on that I figured out why Justin is furious with Honey. I had forgotten to put a dozen roses back in Honey's inventory and Justin apparently decided to" view " them he must have been bored or something   well the roses were from another Sim I had sent honey out on a date with before she ever met Justin. well according to Justin's memories he believes that he caught Honey cheating. he didnt  but he thinks he did and he is hurt and angry about something  that she hasnt done to him. which is why Justin Slapped her silly and wont sleep in the same bed with her. So  here is a tip dont forget to put the flowers back in the inventory. in looking at Honey's Memories she has no clue why Justin is angry. some Sims believe that an affair is going on  even though your sim hast  seen or heard from this other sim in eons. I would love to call Justin a Glamrod right about now but he wouldnt here me Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 08, 07:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't understand why my sims aren't getting gifts after their dates.  I've had several dream dates with the dozen rozes as well as the great ones and good ones with the single roses and love notes.  Only once did one of my sims get a fish tank after his dream date with his fiance.  I ended up selling it because everyone kept cleaning it constantly and the maid would get stuck cleaning it.

Also I've noticed a bug with the roses if the couple is living in the same house.  I don't think it matters if they are married or not.  The one who did not initiate the date will get up the next morning with a bouquet of flowers (that materilze out of nowhere) and go all the way down to the front door to put them on the doorstep.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that the bouquet will then disappear, and the sim will produce another bouquet and place them again, swoon, turn in a circle, and then the bouquet disappears again.  So they place another, and so on in an infinite loop.  I had her queued to eat since she was about to starve, but I had to cancel her queue and tell her to eat before she would stop.  This happened on another lot also. 

The other weird thing was with a love letter.  I have two couples living in this house, and one couple had a date the night before.  They were both at work when one of the other sims got home and checked the mail.  She took the pink envelope out of the box with the hearts swirling around it.  She kissed it and apparently put it in her pocket because it disappeared.  It went into her inventory.  I took it out, and it was for the other sim who had the date.  So why is it going into her inventory?  It's not hers!  And why do we have to take the letter out of the inventory and have the sim "view" it to see who it's from?  We should be able to see that information in the inventory panel.

I was hoping to get some gifts for my sims because some of them are just starting out and could really use the money, but no gifts, just roses, which are sweet and romantic, but you can't sell them for anything. Sad  Where are my hot tubs and stereos???
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 08, 08:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rainbow, I've got the same problem...

I've got buckets of red roses coming out my ears, but only ever once had a piano...  it's nust not fair!

I don't have the roses glitch when the sims live together - so that's something unique to your game (don't ya just feel so special?!) - but I really want to know where my expensive presents are!

Ness
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 08, 11:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the same thing with my game too, 'stingy' dates, sigh. I've also tried continuous dating throughout the sim day (downtown and home) and it's still roses 'dream dates' after 'dream dates'. I must have done over 20, and only 2 lucky sims have gotten more than a bunch of roses - a DJ booth and a fountain respectively Undecided.

Does anyone know what time the dates would usually drop off the gifts, if they were going to drop it off at all? Then I won't waste time watching out for them past the time they were supposed to show up. Oh, and what's with the doorbell ringing? The first time I saw a date (Dirk Dreamer) sneak up to a house (Lilith's), I thought he was gonna drop off a gift and was so excited and curious, turns out he only wants to ring the doorbell, which woke the whole family up. And then he tiptoed out the gate, standing around like he was waiting to be greeted, tiptoed around somemore, then back to the frontdoor to ring the doorbell and back to waiting outside the gate again. When he was finally greeted, he'll say it's late and he better go. Huh Huh What is the purpose in that?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 08, 15:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had NL since it came out and I've only had 1 dream date. No, no, I'm not a horrible player. It's quite easy in my opinion. I just haven't taken any Sims on dates. But anyway, the gift I recieved was a vase of roses with a love note, and a Dance Sphere.

I take my Sims on dates for a couple of reasons, mainly.  Romance Sims are obvious.  And the other reason is for when they have wants I can't fulfill for one reason or another, I will set them up on a date, and all of their wants will change to be more in-line with the date, thereby allowing me to get them into platinum mood, and then I can end the date with my Sims in much better moods.  I used that to avoid aspiration failure for my Romance Sims, right before they were about to have a baby.  Grin
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 08, 16:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, I've got the same glitch. My married couples drive me nuts with the picking up the roses and putting them back down. Sometimes they stop on their own, sometimes they need help.

The gifts are definitely random. I was going to have a romance sim support herself that way but after receiving the bust of that dead roman guy and a piano she now only receives roses. Her yard (if you can call it that, since she lives on cement) is littered with them, either for her or her husband. Just for fun I had them read each other's roses. Man, was that a fight. I thought he'd never forgive her. It's hard to see a grown vampire cry.

I never should have moved my sims out of their first dorm. They received three gifts in a row there and after they moved to a rented house ... only roses. I wonder if they would have gotten more gifts if I'd left them in the dorm.

Also, just a cute little aside: my male, definitely straight, vampire went on an outing that turned out pretty well (not perfect, but not bad either) and afterwards another guy left him a gift! He got a "bit o' this and that" but since he rarely eats he sold it for cash. That's what gifts are for, right?

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 08, 17:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten a couple of hot tubs, and a karaoke machine, and a couple of more minor presents.  The funny thing is, the last time my Sim got the hot tub, was after her date had caught her cheating on him.  He dropped off the roses, caught her, dropped of the hot tub, and then a couple of Sim hours later, started stealing her newspaper and kicking over her trash can!   Cheesy

That happened to me, too!  My sim had just come home from a date and called another sim for a date.  Instead of heading straight for a community lot, I had her come over to his house first (wasn't thinking about the other date bringing roses) and here she comes carrying a lovely dozen roses and caught him cheating.  I was thinking, 'Oh great!  There goes the door prize!'  Low and behold, a few hours after he got home from his other date she returned with a huge sculpture!  Then his second date brought a karaoke machine.

That particular sim was the recipient of two pianos, one karaoke machine, one telescope, a DJ station, a bust sculpture and possibly something else even.  Ah but he was a happy sim until his girlfriends started getting wise!

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 08, 17:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope he realizes how lucky he is. Or rather, was.

Has anyone had married couples give each other a gift? Or does it only work if they don't live together? Just curious.

I've got a married couple who have only dated each other (no gifts, only roses). They've got 13 dozen roses lining their front walk. They need one more dream date to even it up, LOL, and then there won't be any more room. Maybe they'll have to fence their yard in them too ...  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: