More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 01:14:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Roses PLUS a hot tub??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Roses PLUS a hot tub??  (Read 30643 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Roses PLUS a hot tub??
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 08, 18:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've never had a sim that's living with another bring a gift other than the roses, and I've had married sims go on quite a few dates.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 08, 18:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, no gifts from couples that live in the same house.

That little girl, Meadow, though, has brought over quite a few presents.  I grew her to adult, hoping that gift train will keep coming!  Grin
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 08, 20:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had NL since it came out and I've only had 1 dream date. No, no, I'm not a horrible player. It's quite easy in my opinion. I just haven't taken any Sims on dates. But anyway, the gift I recieved was a vase of roses with a love note, and a Dance Sphere.

I take my Sims on dates for a couple of reasons, mainly.  Romance Sims are obvious.  And the other reason is for when they have wants I can't fulfill for one reason or another, I will set them up on a date, and all of their wants will change to be more in-line with the date, thereby allowing me to get them into platinum mood, and then I can end the date with my Sims in much better moods.  I used that to avoid aspiration failure for my Romance Sims, right before they were about to have a baby.  Grin

Oooh. That's a good idea. Whenever I'm low on aspirations points, I'll have them go on a date. Or maybe just call the gypsy for a dream date, so the date arrives and starts at the house. I hate loading community lots.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 08, 21:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had NL since it came out and I've only had 1 dream date. No, no, I'm not a horrible player. It's quite easy in my opinion. I just haven't taken any Sims on dates. But anyway, the gift I recieved was a vase of roses with a love note, and a Dance Sphere.

I take my Sims on dates for a couple of reasons, mainly.  Romance Sims are obvious.  And the other reason is for when they have wants I can't fulfill for one reason or another, I will set them up on a date, and all of their wants will change to be more in-line with the date, thereby allowing me to get them into platinum mood, and then I can end the date with my Sims in much better moods.  I used that to avoid aspiration failure for my Romance Sims, right before they were about to have a baby.  Grin

Oooh. That's a good idea. Whenever I'm low on aspirations points, I'll have them go on a date. Or maybe just call the gypsy for a dream date, so the date arrives and starts at the house. I hate loading community lots.
uggh the gypsy nine out of 10 times  brings a disaster  no matter how much you pay her. one way Ive found dates for my sims if they arent otherwise attached is the neighborhood welcome committee. if both sims are romance the one Im playing and the welcomer attached or not if the significant other isnt part of the committe or another family member I will let the two get to know each other and most Romance,pleasure and popularity sims will say yes to a date request with a sim they just met.family,Knowledge and Fortune are a bit trickier. the relationship has to be 20/5 most of the time before a sim of those aspirations will say yes,. unless the gypsy dumps them and  even then those dates are difficult at best to get the meter  to great levels.. Ilove getting.pop ,romance and pleasure sims out on dates it is super easy ro send the date to dream levels and keep it there.plus those are the aspirations most likely to leave an expensive gift after a dream date.  the fortune sims tend to be the most miserly with gifts and the hardest to make happy on a date. knowledge sims try hard but tend to leave the expensive telescope and skill building items. not much romantic about a telescope . Family sims  gifts largely depend on personality.the only cheese aspiration my sim ever had a date with thanks to the gypsy left my sim a painting of  what else  ? you guessed it a grilled cheese sandwich. my sim quickly sold it Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 08, 21:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never even thought about the gifts being related to the giver's aspiration. Interesting.
But why would Brandi Broke leave a DJ Booth, then?
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 08, 21:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never even thought about the gifts being related to the giver's aspiration. Interesting.

If that were the case then Brandi would be leaving her date a baby crib as a gift and send the poor guy into a paniced frenzy thinking that something more than a little woo-hoo happened in that photobooth.   Grin
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 08, 22:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Trepie.  Grin
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 08, 22:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

personality and interest has a lot to do with what a family sim will leave. Does Brandi Like to Dance in your game? if so  there lies the reason for the DJ booth and not a baby crib...... also I think Maxis has it programmed  as to what types of gifts can bre brought by a sim and I doubt seriously that nursery furniture  would be programmed as a gift to a date Grin for example Joel, Justin's son likes to sing Karaoke so he brought the roses of course and a while Later he  left  Gvaudoin a Karaoke Machine Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 08, 23:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it depends on their aspiration and Simology?

I married in some rich townie and she just had an inventory stocked full of items, all kinds. Chairs, DJ Booths, etc. Things she'd leave from a bad date, and things she'd give a bad date.

I think they are just strapped with items in their inventory, and depending on the "goodness" of the date, they leave a more expensive item.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 08, 23:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I've noticed a bug with the roses if the couple is living in the same house.  I don't think it matters if they are married or not.  The one who did not initiate the date will get up the next morning with a bouquet of flowers (that materilze out of nowhere) and go all the way down to the front door to put them on the doorstep.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that the bouquet will then disappear, and the sim will produce another bouquet and place them again, swoon, turn in a circle, and then the bouquet disappears again.  So they place another, and so on in an infinite loop.  I had her queued to eat since she was about to starve, but I had to cancel her queue and tell her to eat before she would stop.  This happened on another lot also.

My sims Mitch & Max are so in love that their Dream Dates last 24 sim hours or more. They constantly spin up wants to Make Out or Woohoo and it has a tremendous effect on their mood. Every few hours they get the Dream Date energy boost and the date just carries on!

Anyway, so they get home, tired out after the date (as you'd expect, with it having gone on for 24 hours) and I put them to bed. They sleep for about half an hour, and then whichever one got taken on the date suddenly springs out of bed, runs downstairs, pulls the bouquet of flowers out of his arse (literally - the bouquet doesn't appear in the inventory until he gets to the front door), puts it down, and stands there admiring it. I have to make him go back upstairs to bed, or he'd stand there all day. Silly sims.

The other weird thing was with a love letter.  I have two couples living in this house, and one couple had a date the night before.  They were both at work when one of the other sims got home and checked the mail.  She took the pink envelope out of the box with the hearts swirling around it.  She kissed it and apparently put it in her pocket because it disappeared.  It went into her inventory.  I took it out, and it was for the other sim who had the date.  So why is it going into her inventory?  It's not hers!  And why do we have to take the letter out of the inventory and have the sim "view" it to see who it's from?  We should be able to see that information in the inventory panel.

I need love letters for a story I'm writing! I found buyable bouquets & the single rose vase at MTS2, but I need a massive stack of love letters. Has anyone unlocked them yet?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 08, 23:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone ever gotten more than roses or candy for a first date? Maybe only multiple dates get gifts.
I had a girl go on a date where the first one went okay but coulda been better. A few minutes after it ended she asked him on another date and it started. That turned into a dream date. She got roses and then a statue that night. Presumably one for each date. Roses for the first of course and the statue for the second. I don't ever remember getting a gift for a first date.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 08, 23:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the first date with Meadow as a teen, my Sim got an SSX3 machine.  Since my Sims aren't allowed to have TV's, I sold it for some §  Grin
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 08, 23:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, personally, think the gifts might be random. Brandi does not like to dance (funny to picture, though). And I know for certain that there was no DJ booth in her inventory when she dropped it off.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 08, 23:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the first date with Meadow as a teen, my Sim got an SSX3 machine.  Since my Sims aren't allowed to have TV's, I sold it for some §  Grin

No TVs?!  Shocked

Well, to each their own. We each play our own way. . .

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 09, 00:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the TV's, even with the volume reduction cheat.  Sometimes I'll put one in for aesthetic reasons, but I usually end up taking it out before the night's end.  Tongue
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 09, 00:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims always have TVs. I like them because they fill up fun fast and (unlike stupid SSX3 on the computer) they will stop watching as soon as you tell them to do something else unlike with aforementioned stupid SSX3 when it takes them FOREVER to get the hell off.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 09, 01:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, personally, think the gifts might be random. Brandi does not like to dance (funny to picture, though). And I know for certain that there was no DJ booth in her inventory when she dropped it off.
I have noticed the gift doesnt have to be in their inventory. on the last date Joe had with Brandi He gave Brandi a  12th century ming vase . however Joe doesnt own any 99 cent vases let alone a ming vase. he also  gave Brandi a Stereo the 2500 simoleon variety. he has one in his house and it was still there after he gave Brandi one. all Joe has in his inventory is cologne and Vampricillin. Justin on the other hand has an inventory Jam packed with stuff but he gave  Honey a font when they wee Dating and he doesnt have any of those in his inventory.  Joel's inventory was empty but he gave Gvaudoin a Karaoke machine on their first date. speaking of Joel I was just checking his wants and LTW he wants to go to college make out with 3 sims ,fall in love with yet another sim and get engaged to  Gvaudoin Tricou.His LTW is to become a celebrity chef Undecided Justin has the same LTW.............I didnt know teens had wants for engagements Huh. however  I may let him go to Uni when I send Gvaudoin as there is a real shortage of teen females in my hood. the teen females in the hood are Gvaudoin,Chloe,KimberlyTricou and  Jaiden Tricou. Teen males  are Joel,Jory,Jude,Fricorith,Tyrone,Armando,Kacper,Ronan and Damion Tricou. the ratio gets a bit better with children and Ireally dont want Justin's boys with "shudder' some of those mudfence dormies that always arrive. James is  married  now to  a Female who has been in my game since I Created her as a child in Cas and she is permaplat after one day at work . she entered the military at level 9 Just out of Uni. its funny in the photos  all the  Goth-Bayfiled-Danforth  Wives are  Visibly Pregnant . the only female Guests that were there not pregnant is Bella,Shellie,Lexie and Tiffany. Brynne you forgot to tell me hat the Bayfiled Men are super Fertile  Grin

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 09, 14:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need love letters for a story I'm writing! I found buyable bouquets & the single rose vase at MTS2, but I need a massive stack of love letters. Has anyone unlocked them yet?

Yes, I did. I'm at work, so I don't have the exact wording, but it said something like, "If you're wondering, should I call again, you should." Or something like that.

Anyway, she didn't. She doesn't like him that much.  Cheesy

And beg to differ about romance sims leaving expensive gifts after a bang-up date. I had two romance sims go on a date that should have been "triple dream date" they racked up so many points. They didn't live together at the time, though I've since had them get married (yes, I know, I'm cruel).

Roses. That's all she got for 7 woohoos on one date. One stinking bunch of roses.  Angry

On another occasion, I got a pinball machine from a knowledge sim, so unless he was trying to teach her the laws of physics, I'm still of the opinion that the giving of gifts, and the gift itself, is a random thing.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Noooo! Not the Jump Bug!
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 11, 20:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I've noticed a bug with the roses if the couple is living in the same house.  I don't think it matters if they are married or not.  The one who did not initiate the date will get up the next morning with a bouquet of flowers (that materilze out of nowhere) and go all the way down to the front door to put them on the doorstep.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that the bouquet will then disappear, and the sim will produce another bouquet and place them again, swoon, turn in a circle, and then the bouquet disappears again.  So they place another, and so on in an infinite loop.  I had her queued to eat since she was about to starve, but I had to cancel her queue and tell her to eat before she would stop.  This happened on another lot also. 

Egads! After saying I didn't have that error - I GOT THAT ERROR! Max reset three or four times while trying to place the bouquet, and I had to cancel the action to get him to do anything.

And now he has full-blown jump bug  Roll Eyes. It started last night, the sim day after he started "looping" in the bouquet placing, and within a few minutes real-time it rendered the whole lot unplayable. I was trying to play in debug mode to set up some photos, and quite literally every second an error message would appear in the middle of screen telling me that object Max had an "unexplained transition" - cancel, reset, delete? Cancelling or resetting just made the error reappear, and of course Deleting would delete the sim himself. Couldn't do A Thing.

I don't know what it is that's caused this jump bug: I have two possible culprits:
1) Too many memories - from the Dream Date Spam. (Mitch & Max have had more than 6 dream dates).
2) That weird error where two sims make out in the hot tub, and as a result get memories of kissing themselves.

I'm inclined to blame the latter rather than the former, because only Max has a "Kissed himself For The First Time" memory - Mitch doesn't. Max is "jumping" out of every single action, whereas Mitch is only jumping out of interactions with Max. And they generally go everywhere together and meet the same people, so they have roughly equal numbers of other visible memories - obviously, I have no idea about the invisible memories. Max probably has more of those, because he is a Popularity sim and has a LTW of 20 Simultaneous Best Friends (he's up to 16 at the moment).

So I'm just off to replace that family with a backup and hope it helps. Haven't played anyone else recently because I've been busy writing their story. And now I don't dare play anyone else until I'm sure that the game isn't going to explode into a BFBVFS. Gah  Angry.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: