More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:47:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Which Maxis made Sims can be ressurected without problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Which Maxis made Sims can be ressurected without problems  (Read 11479 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Which Maxis made Sims can be ressurected without problems
« on: 2005 November 11, 01:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I have Nightlife, I read a few of you did ressurect Sims that we were not able too before we install Nightlife (in game with the ressurect-o-nomitron).

I don't have Simpe so I cannot correct/modify/change the files of the Sims.

I was wondering which Sims are safe to resurrect using the ressurect-o-nomitron and that are not mess-up and with which there is no need to use either SimPe or any 3rd party program.

I would love to bring Michael Bachelor and Skip Broke back to life but I have no idea if their files are ok or not and no way to check that either.

Can any of you do a list for me of safe Sims we can ressurect from Pleasantview and Strangetown without having to play with the files.

I would be eternally grateful...  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 November 11, 02:05:34 by Missdoh » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Which Maxis made Sims can be ressurected without problems
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 03:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, it depends on your definition of "safe." Many sims can be resurrected without any trouble, but have weird DNA (makes them bad candidates for breeding) or no personality (0 in everything).

Without minor tinkering in SimPE, the only sim who can be resurrected in Pleasantview is Darleen Dreamer. None can be resurrected in Strangetown. The changes necessary to make other sims resurrectable are really easy and minor, so you might consider it.

Look at My Guide To Resurrectable Sims, which includes ONLY sims who can be resurrected without SimPE. Then look at Ancient Sim's post (the first reply in the thread) for info on how to make other sims resurrectable in SimPE (it's easy). Then look at my website for a complete list of resurrectable sims in Veronaville and Strangetown (Pleasantview isn't quite finished), which lists sims who can be resurrected using all possible means (that usually means SimPE).

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1152
http://www.geocities.com/saramkirk/maxis_sims/index.html

EDIT: Yes, before the NL patch, quite a lot of sims became resurrectable without SimPE. But they're still the same sims and have the same problems. You can use the files on my website to gauge what kind of problems they have, since I list their personalities and all that stuff.

Fail.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 03:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a thread that lists all Sims that can be ressurected with NL:

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=d2f02c596e93ae95522ff3b8ae51b4b4&directoryID=81&startRow=1#df1ae8bae98fd429b6081ceab7a14237

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 11, 04:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both, and yes, I will be eternally grateful  Grin

EDIT:  One question for you Sarah and Knigidom (or anybody else that can actually answer this), if I would use the boolprop testingcheats to add personality traits to the ones that don't have any when I use the ressurect-o-nomitron and pay full price, would they be ok to play with?  For example would Michael Bachelor be ok if I do that?  I did read the thread on the Sims 2 site and I am not planning to ressurect Sims with incomplete files but thought of bringing back the ones without personality and just change it with the boolprop cheat.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 11, 04:45:04 by Missdoh » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 04:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you aren't breeding them, they shouldn't cause problems. And even breeding them is relatively safe and in most cases the worst that will happen is a baby with weird DNA that you don't know the source of. I've resurrected and played them several times and nothing particularly bad ever happened. Even Julius Ceasar, has no Aspiration and the game seems to think he's a she, and Lyla Grunt who kept turning bald at odd times. Michael Bachelor never caused me any problems and even fathered a child with no screw-ups (it was butt ugly though). You have to sort of take a step back and realize that the playable sims Maxis gave us are also full of problems. For example, many people get crashes when the Singles girls give birth (supposedly something is wrong with their DNA), and the same thing with PTech. The Singles never caused problems in my game but PTech refuses to be bred... game crashes every time. So there really doesn't seem to be anything in the game that's 100% safe and certain.

Fail.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 05:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, it depends on your definition of "safe." Many sims can be resurrected without any trouble, but have weird DNA (makes them bad candidates for breeding) or no personality (0 in everything).

Hmm, so if you resurrect them the sort of so-so way, not zombie and not perfect, does their personality flip to 10 everything? Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 11, 05:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so if you resurrect them the sort of so-so way, not zombie and not perfect, does their personality flip to 10 everything? Wink

10 in everything would bother me as much as none, I would change their personality with boolprop anyway lol, I just want to know if it can do the trick or not, I guess it does.  Honestly weird DNA do not really bother me as long as it does not make my game crash of course. 

I am thinking (though have no idea) that changing personality traits with SimPe or boolprop testingcheats would do the same, it would change the file the exact same way, Am I wrong thinking that way?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 11, 05:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you aren't breeding them, they shouldn't cause problems. And even breeding them is relatively safe and in most cases the worst that will happen is a baby with weird DNA that you don't know the source of. I've resurrected and played them several times and nothing particularly bad ever happened. Even Julius Ceasar, has no Aspiration and the game seems to think he's a she, and Lyla Grunt who kept turning bald at odd times. Michael Bachelor never caused me any problems and even fathered a child with no screw-ups (it was butt ugly though). You have to sort of take a step back and realize that the playable sims Maxis gave us are also full of problems. For example, many people get crashes when the Singles girls give birth (supposedly something is wrong with their DNA), and the same thing with PTech. The Singles never caused problems in my game but PTech refuses to be bred... game crashes every time. So there really doesn't seem to be anything in the game that's 100% safe and certain.

When you talk about PTech are you referring to the one in Strangetown which have a child and a teen living in the house (the scenario starts and the teen is about to grow-up, sorry do not have the name of that family to the top of my head)?

If so, it is good to know since I wanted his wife to drink the elixir of life and have another baby but if it makes the game crash, I will not do that.....  Shocked
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 11, 05:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be the same pretty much yes, so it's actually easier in the game. SimPE, I believe, will also let you change a sim's genetic personality, which is different than their current personality. Like if a Sim was born with 0 nice but was encouraged up to 10 nice, when they go to have a kid it will use their genetic niceness, which is 0, and not their current etc.

But again if you're not breeding them then it's not a big deal.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 11, 05:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki I will probably go for it, I miss Michael Bachelor so much for some unknown reason.

I guess I miss Sims 1 a bit....
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 11, 05:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, if you really don't want to get SimPe you might want to look at Merola's Painting. You can find his stuff at:

http://www.simchaotics.com/

The painting lets you change personality, interests, and it has a few other things you can do with it. It's a nice, clean mod, and safe for NL.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 11, 05:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dead siims in NL's downtown are well rounded and safe to play.
I've got a shot of them uploaded here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1393.msg47648#msg47648

Instant gratification takes too long.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 11, 06:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, if you really don't want to get SimPe you might want to look at Merola's Painting. You can find his stuff at:

http://www.simchaotics.com/

The painting lets you change personality, interests, and it has a few other things you can do with it. It's a nice, clean mod, and safe for NL.

Thanks Veilchen, I am defenitlely considering adding this item in my game and also that special mirror I read about a lot, many of you are using them already wihout having any sorts of problems which do reassure me.  On the Sims 2 bbs I don't really trust what I read but I do here.  It would be my first hacks (which believe me would be a huge step I take since I never add any in Sims 1 and played for 5 years) I would add in my game ever.  I did read about really nice mods too but just want to make sure they are not causing weirdness in the game with the patch install.

I will also consideer installing SimPe, from what I read it does not seem so hard to use ( I am not the best with computers but I do manage better than many others), anyhow there are great tutorials on their site on how to use it and if I am lost I know I can count on you guys/grils to give me great advice.  By the way, for someone who never used it before which would be the best version to use and files do I need to download, I am a bit lost on what I need, it is not really clear for me when I go on their site.

thanks a million to all of you who took the time to reassure me Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 November 11, 06:36:59 by Missdoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 11, 06:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dead siims in NL's downtown are well rounded and safe to play.
I've got a shot of them uploaded here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1393.msg47648#msg47648

yeah I notice that post, this is mainly why I started that post since I am planning on ressurecting a few Sims but wanted to know if they are ok or not.  I don't want to have to play with SimPe for an hour to have them right if you know what I mean.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 11, 06:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean about mods, Missdoh, I never used them either in TS1, well except for Inge's apartment stuff. But I was one of those unfortunates who got the 'jump bug' early on, and I had little choice but to trust MTS2. And lo and behold they came up with the 'cure' about 2 or 3 month earlier than maxis. That was way back when MTS2 just started up.

Now I know who to trust and who do be weary of. All the modders that I download from have their own folder in my game, and usually they are great about telling us what is compatible with what. I prefer using safe mods to using the testingcheatsenabled. If I don't like it, or it messes up my game, I can just remove it. Testingcheatsenabled can do some pretty nasty things to your neighborhood if you inadvertently turn something on or off, and you are not aware of it. And if you do run into problems, well, you are already in the right place anyway :D

By the way, the mirror had some problems in community lots when it first came out. If you used it there your sim sometimes couldn't call a taxi to go home, so you might want to look into that. I never use in community lots anyway, so I truly don't know if Merola took care of it or not.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 11, 08:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you talk about PTech are you referring to the one in Strangetown which have a child and a teen living in the house (the scenario starts and the teen is about to grow-up, sorry do not have the name of that family to the top of my head)?

If so, it is good to know since I wanted his wife to drink the elixir of life and have another baby but if it makes the game crash, I will not do that.....  Shocked

Yup, that's him. However, I should say that others have bred him and have not had problems. Badbirthfix might help as well. My crashes were all before Pescado made that hack, and I really haven't been interested in breeding him again.

Fail.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 11, 10:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If by bad candidates for breeding, you mean their children would likely be ugly, they'd fit right in with the other kids born in my game.

On the plus side, it seems as if my recent sims have reversed the earlier trend I had.  Until recently, my sims would get uglier with each age transition, but now they start off fairly ugly and manage to become better looking with each birthday.  You can't imagine my relief when that happened to a girl with a big-ass nose and cheekbones sharp enough to slice cheese.

I do feel like putting together an "Ugliness through the Ages" story on my simpage.

Oh, and I haven't seen it in this thread or any of the linked threads, and in fact it was contradicted in some of the other threads, but I managed to revive Andromache Thebe in my game without using any external programs or hacks (beyond using the reward collection, of course).  I believe it was Contessa who was able to bring her back, but I had brought back Cordelia and Contessa before I brought Andromache, so add those two to the possible candidates.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 11, 12:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just revived Bella Goth with SimPe (deleting all memoties of her death at her, and Cassie and Mortie), and Inge's Teleporter. She married Mortie, and is pregnant now.

The interesting observation  was, that until she married, she didn't show any frienships. But after he suggested her to move in, and married her - the friendship panel showed the friendships, including the family signs.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 11, 15:21:30 by gali » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 11, 17:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So any suggestions for which version of SimPe to use for a first time user like me?  And if you could point out which files I need to download from their sites it would be well appreciated.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 11, 17:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, that's him. However, I should say that others have bred him and have not had problems. Badbirthfix might help as well. My crashes were all before Pescado made that hack, and I really haven't been interested in breeding him again.

Now that I know that I will not take the chance thanks.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 11, 18:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh, to get SimPe you need to go to:

http://sims.ambertation.de/

Be warned though, you need to download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 as well and it's a large download. You might also want to get Nvidia DDS Utilities, but ambertation will give you a link. Other than that just follow their instructions, and if you have a problem just ask.

I usually just use the user friendly interfaces found under 'tools' such as neighborhood browser, sim browser, and sim surgery, but every once in a while I venture into unknow territories. Until you get comfy with it, the 'tool' tab is really all you need.

I know how you feel, I was very intimidated by the big bad SimPe at first, and now I couldn't get along without it.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 11, 20:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to get the list of what Merola's paint do and notice it is just options in Boolprop testingcheats that are always enabled.  I am confortable using boolprop and never clic on an option I don't know about, it took me a year before I decide to use that famous debug mode and found it quite easy to use when you are aware of what option do, I read tutorial on how to use it prior to my 1st attempt.  I mostly use it to change zodiac signs of pre-made Sims, to get them a job because I don't want to wait for 3 Sim days for it to appear in the newspaper or computer, change personality traits or skill levels.  I did not use the tombstone of L & D yet since I don't have need for it as of yet.  I prefer my Sims get pregnant the old fashioned way same with Sims I plan to move-in with a family.

By the way, I did ask a long time ago if it was safe to make an adult Sim get a University career using the debug mode if that Sim did not actually graduated from school and from my experience so far it did not cause any problems at all, the Sim got promotions, got paid and got the career reward.  I made around 5 Sims get those jobs and none even went to Univeristy.

I now remember why I am so reluctant at getting SimPe, I personally hate Microsoft .NET Framework program so I guess I will pass on it after all, I may change my mind of course....
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 11, 20:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the bad birth crash is supposed to be fixed with the Uni/NL Patch.

Also, I have a file containing corrected DNA for many of the Strangetown premade characters. I'll post it over in Peasantry.

Edit: it's here.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 11, 20:53:58 by baratron » Logged

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 11, 20:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that would be great, please explain in that post (Peasantry section) how do I install it.   Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: