More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:06:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oddities or is it supposed to be this way? (NL)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oddities or is it supposed to be this way? (NL)  (Read 3431 times)
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Oddities or is it supposed to be this way? (NL)
« on: 2005 November 11, 12:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of weird things happen on my email lot (Yes, I started one of those...wanted to see what the fuss was all about..lol) and wanted to see if these were oddities or normal gameplay experiences.

First, meditation.  I haven't done much with this before, but from what I remember, a Sim who meditates used to have a decline in their aspiration level, even though their needs froze.  However on this most recent lot, my meditating Sim's aspiration meter freezes as well as her needs.  Needless to say, pregnancy was literally a breeze.  Glitch or normal?

Secondly, relationships.  My Simmies aren't losing friendships as fast as they were before.  Did the rate of decay change with NL? Or is this some kind of weird bug with the lot?

I don't have any conflicting haks for either of these two situations that I am aware of. 

This is only the 3rd lot that I've placed since getting NL.  The first lot had the weird money issue which I replaced with the 2nd lot and it seems to be okay, so I'm really starting to doubt my sanity when it comes to "new" NL lots being placed...and wondering if they're all glitchy in some way.  The last two were in Downtown, and this 3rd one is now in a Custom Neighborhood attached to that downtown. 

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

P.S. In regards to the email lot...once my guy turned elder, he can no longer pee on the bushes.  So I bought him a money tree.  Still will not pee on the money tree either.  Good thing he's permaplat...his bladder bottoms out though before any of his other needs have dropped at all...it's ridiculous.  All that time spent in the energizer just to keep him out of bladder failure!

lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
Re: Oddities or is it supposed to be this way? (NL)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 11, 12:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the first, I believe since advent of nightlife this changed, and now everything is frozen while meditating.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to the second or peeing one, I keep failing miserably at the email challenge myself  Grin

Gosh.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 11, 15:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lefty.  Yeah, the frozen platinum while meditating takes away some of the challenge.   Glad to know it's not a glitch though.

Happy Simming,
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 11, 15:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if they'd just quit aging, you could use Meditation to put a Sim into stasis in a closet somewhere while the rest of the Sims in the house carried about their business... and imagine, when 3-4 generations down the road, this stasisized Sim comes back to life and comes blundering into society!

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 11, 16:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if they'd just quit aging, you could use Meditation to put a Sim into stasis in a closet somewhere while the rest of the Sims in the house carried about their business... and imagine, when 3-4 generations down the road, this stasisized Sim comes back to life and comes blundering into society!

Funny you should mention stasis....

Numenor made a stasis chamber.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=100491
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 11, 16:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, nifty.   Grin  This could have some interesting applications, yes indeed...

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: