More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 04:20:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Roses PLUS a hot tub??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Roses PLUS a hot tub??  (Read 30593 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Roses PLUS a hot tub??
« on: 2005 October 26, 13:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marla Biggs of Uni (who put a few hours on a treadmill and in front of the mirror) had her second date with Nathan Bisgrove, a Uni geek born into one of my families.

After a visit to the Hub where they played darts, had dinner, and made out a bit, the date was over.  Great time for both of them.

The roses appeared on the sidewalk at Marla's place, but not long after so did a $6,500 hot tub with a note of appreciation from Nathan.

Is this an anomoly? 

Sure hope not; maybe he'll give her roses and a car the next time.   Grin

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Roses PLUS a hot tub??
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 26, 13:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it's normal. They do that sometimes now if you have really good dates or outings. I haven't gotten a hot tub yet, but I've gotten expensive statues and fountains. Funny how some broke assed sim can afford those gifts lol but I won't complain.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 26, 14:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes me wonder what Marla did to deserve those gifts.  Grin

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 26, 15:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes me wonder what Marla did to deserve those gifts.  Grin

A few smooches and dinner - that's all....for now.    But since she has a new hot tub, who knows where that will lead to?

Gee, maybe that was the point of the gift.   Shocked
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 26, 15:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the money for the hot tub subtracted from his account? I assume these are both playable Sims. Sorry, I don't have NL yet.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 26, 16:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they pay for the gifts.  Brandi broke gave one of my sims a dance sphere for an outing that he was invited to and there is NO way she could afford that.  She had to borrow money for the grocery bill.  Last night I was playing Regan and Cornwall Capp and they went on three conscecutive(??)outings and in a few hours they had a dance shere,hot tub,and a Fleur Fountain on their front porch.  Very lucritive night.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 26, 16:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope the hot tubs and other items are "gifts" for the great date.  Your family does not get charged for them and actually you can sell the items for more simoleons.  I usually get the roses the first night and a more expensive item the next.  Then it's back to calling them for another great date and more goodies.  It's always cool to have atleast one pleasure sim in a poor family.  Cheesy

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 26, 16:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should have to pay for the gifts!  That's cheating!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
DuzzyGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 26, 16:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these gifts make me kind of jealous.  Several different sims have been on great to dream dates and nothing other than a dozen roses . . . ever!   Tongue
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 26, 16:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I do need to clarify my bad choice of an adjective.  The expensive gifts were only from dream dates. 

They should have to pay for the gifts!  That's cheating!

That's only cheating if you are a feminist with lower standards.   Grin  I wish I would have demanded statues, fountains, pianos and hot tubs when I was in the "pool".  My only regret in life is that I never met a handsome sugar daddy!   Wink

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 26, 16:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My alien sim got the dj dance booth plus a dozen roses on her dream date. It must have been real good.  Maybe thats a teen thing. Anybody else get the dj booth?

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 26, 16:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No booth.  Got a few pianos, statues, vases, electro dance sphere and a bonsai tree. 
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 26, 16:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the booth last night! From one vampire to another. They're in looooove. She may sell it eventually but right now it has sentimental value.  Cheesy My original plan was to have her never work, just live off gifts, and she's gotten a few, but mostly roses, roses, and more roses. Sigh.

Between this sim and her sister I have so many roses I could fill a greenhouse. She's also gotten a statue and a piano. Her sister (who lives with her) got a pinball machine. All items sold for more practical items, especially after the piano wouldn't line up with the wall after they moved. I have the same problem with beds. Oh, well. At least they're worth cash!

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 26, 16:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the roses. I put them on the table and it looks so nice. They like to sit near them too.  I just wish I could center them in the middle. I have always hated that about the sims- no centering.

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 26, 17:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always use boolprop snapobjectstogrid false to get my objects centered.  It's a great cheat especially when wanting to place objects close together for decor purposes like floor plants for example.

I know you can use the cheat for a coffee table if you want to place an item on it centered, I do not know if the flowers would effect their eating at a dining table though.

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 26, 17:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get
One perfect rose.

Dorothy Parker, or possibly my Sim  Grin

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 26, 17:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the roses. I put them on the table and it looks so nice.

Honey, I've got 'em on the mantelpiece (you can fit 3), the coffee table, on end tables, the desk, the floor, the porch, the yard ... I've started leaving 'em where they're left, they've got so many. Three people living in the house (two sisters, one sister's fiance) and they're still in college ... at last count there were 20 dozen roses and one single rose in a vase (off night).

That's what happens when a romance sim shares a house with a couple. The house is a buzzin with love.  Wink

Yes, they're pretty, I agree ... but it's going to be a nightmare figuring out whose are whose when they graduate.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 26, 17:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what happens when a romance sim shares a house with a couple. The house is a buzzin with love.  Wink

Yes, they're pretty, I agree ... but it's going to be a nightmare figuring out whose are whose when they graduate.
I have mine put them in their inventory.  They can read the card by "view"ing the card on the bouquet.  Just make sure the sim viewing isn't one of their lovers because they get really upset!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 26, 17:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anything that is from somebody other then their husband/wife/fiancee goes in their inventory. Sometimes they view things automonously and I don't want any accidents.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 26, 18:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the roses. I put them on the table and it looks so nice.

Honey, I've got 'em on the mantelpiece (you can fit 3), the coffee table, on end tables, the desk, the floor, the porch, the yard ... I've started leaving 'em where they're left, they've got so many. Three people living in the house (two sisters, one sister's fiance) and they're still in college ... at last count there were 20 dozen roses and one single rose in a vase (off night).

Oh my goodness...that is too many flowers. If they just died then you could throw them out. Deletion?

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 26, 18:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of like them. They're like notches on the bedpost, only more visible.  Grin

Accidents, you say ... I had no idea anyone even read those cards on their own. Heh, heh, heh ... that WILL be interesting once my romance sims move in together ...

I love romance sims. They're nothing but trouble. Without trouble the game is just the circle of life, over and over and over ... I like  things shaken and stirred, myself.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 26, 18:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like what kewian said...I think they should wilt and die like in the first game. Then your Sim can have the pleasure of recieving fresh ones.

My Sim has gotten many flowers, and a mirror, which seems more realistic than the DJ booth. I wish I could have that date...I could use a couple thousand dollars right now.  Grin

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 26, 18:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had given up on getting anything but roses. When the sisters lived in the dorms they got three prezzies, right in a row, and as soon as they moved to their house, nothing but roses. I thought maybe it went by house, kind of like the house in my old neighborhood where the babies were always twins.

The sim who got the booth had been on four dream dates with the same vampire in three nights (he went home to set the clock back one night, then called her again ...). Sometime during that time he made her a vampire, too. I don't know if sheer quantity, or getting bit, was what earned her that booth, but I think they had woohoo 12 times. Or thereabouts. Yep. Three per date sounds about right. Plus LOTS of makeout sessions.

What can I say, they were meant for each other, and it was entirely accidental. I like how the game is programmed to dig deeper than turn ons/offs ... he supposedly likes blondes, for example, and she's got black hair, but their personalities are well matched. Yes, they think about other sims, too ... they're romance sims! But they're always extremely happy to spend time together.  Cheesy

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 26, 18:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these gifts make me kind of jealous.  Several different sims have been on great to dream dates and nothing other than a dozen roses . . . ever!   Tongue

Same here. I've had dozens of sims have "dream dates" and nothing, da nada, except roses. Huh

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 26, 19:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IM not sure if it matters but my sim had a date with that townie River in downtown.  Could the neighborhood make a difference?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: