More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:02:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid Question - be gentle
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Question - be gentle  (Read 11512 times)
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Stupid Question - be gentle
« on: 2008 February 28, 23:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok first post ever and probably a stupid one too - so feel free to point and laugh Grin

Since there is a Free time sections listed under the "all hacks" section in the Armory - I can assume that any hack listed there is confirmed Free time compatable?  It seems as if almost all the hacks are listed there already?  I only expected a few to be listed as Free time was just released.
Is J.M Pescado really just that awesome in promptly testing and updating his hacks?

And do I just delete the old hack from my downloads and then redownload the new version from the Free time section?

Thanks!
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Stupid Question - be gentle
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 28, 23:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes they are compatible.  Keep an eye out for more updates for the next couple of days though.

Yes, overwrite old hacks with new ones.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 28, 23:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks!
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 28, 23:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything here is Freetime compatible

ISTP
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 29, 15:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me for ambushing the topic but I have a similar question.  Does this mean that all Pescado FT-compatible hacks are updated so they don't interfere with new interactions?  I mean, I know these hacks won't break the game but will they also allow for new interactions?  For example, harderjob.  With the new hobby benefits, some sims can advance in their careers faster and can even plead for their job back if fired.  Will harderjob hack be okay with that?  Or noplagiarism.  With the new ways to make new novels, will noplagiarism allow for them?  And phone hack for that matter -- 3-way calling for popularity sims, is that available?

I hope so because I know JM is THAT awesome but I'm annoying enough that I have to ask.  Whack me with a stick now, JM.

Mooooo
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 29, 16:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There will always be moar updates within the first week, so just keep an eye out for them. Always use the latest awesomesauce.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 29, 17:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and report any errors. A lot of the FT hacks are in "testing" stage. As there are a lot of bugs to sort through. Check back often, once JM is able to play the game himself and not just to test errors that are reported, expect to see moar of FT directly related hacks.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 29, 20:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill? How's your fitness level? I guess you might be doing a bit of jumping over the next coupla weeks?   Grin You should get several body points out of this.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 04, 21:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a list of hacks that are not compatible with FT? I think that'd be more useful to me than anything else.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 04, 21:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a list of hacks that are not compatible with FT? I think that'd be more useful to me than anything else.

If it isn't in the FT hack list it isn't compatible.

Hacks that are not compatible do not exist for FT. A list of not compatible hacks would be an empty list.  Lips sealed
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 04, 21:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks that are not compatible do not exist for FT. A list of not compatible hacks would be an empty list.  Lips sealed

Or it would be a list that is so long as to be useless (Not compatible with FT: All other hacks not in the FT directory).

@Garnet Avi: Any non-awesome hacks (mods by other creators) may be incompatible and should not be considered safe for FT until their creator/maintainer declares them safe or updated. (You may, of course, hackdiff them yourself if you wish).  To check on status of non-awesome mods, you need to check in at the website of the appropriate modder.  (i.e. Don't ask Pescado whether one of Squinge's mods is compatible).

Tribulatio proxima est
nikijohns
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 05, 05:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided As the title says be gentle! EA just answered me on a question and I was wondering if some wonderful smart person out there could tell me how it relates to the game.
EA said to dump my temp file (which I don't understand how it got so full. Is that where files go you delete in game?) and to then turn off all back round task how could these two things bother the game play?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 05, 05:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dump your temp file, I don't know.  Try emptying your recycle bin, and deleting your groups.cache.  Turning off background tasks is easier.  Background tasks take up memory, and Sims uses a LOT of memory.  So freeing up memory is good.  If you are using windows, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, and close the processes under your username for anything that is not explorer.exe or taskmanager.exe.  DO NOT TOUCH PROCESSES BY OTHER OWNERS UNLESS YOU ARE COMPUTER-SAVVY AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.  You will BREAK something.  Sorry about the all caps, but it is very important.
nikijohns
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 05, 05:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay now I have another question what is the qroup cache?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 05, 05:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a file in your sims2 folder under My Documents/EA Games.
nikijohns
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 05, 06:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I feel really stupid having asked that last question. The very next page I read answed the question. Anyway I still need to know why temp file would mess up my FT game should the game be reading file in the temp file?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 05, 06:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know nothing of this "temp file".  Delete groups.cache.  Doing this forces the game to relook at everything and reform the file.  Groups.cache can be borked easily by changing hacks, all sorts of things.
nikijohns
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 05, 06:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i just deleted 4,000 of the little sucker file from this temp file there was a copy of like every down load I ever looked at
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 05, 11:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i just deleted 4,000 of the little sucker file from this temp file there was a copy of like every down load I ever looked at

I assume temp files refers to your Temporary Internet Files. These are files such as images and whatnot that are stored on your computer to ease the speed of loading web pages you've previously visited. Deleting Temporary Internet Files is no big deal; it just means the pages you've previously visited will take a bit longer to load.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 05, 15:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I highly recommend you (everyone, really) have a copy of CCleaner on your PC.  Wonderful little free utility that helps clean out all the accumulated junk that PCs pick up over time. www.ccleaner.com/

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 05, 20:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I have my CCleaner set to empty the temp file, as well as the browser cache, every time I completely close my browser (it is not uncommon for me to have 7 or 8 windows open at once).

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
nikijohns
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 06, 00:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much I will down load immediately Grin
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 06, 01:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a handy program to have around, fast and clean, I'll recommend this to the OH.  Thanks for the tip Jsalemi
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 06, 02:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any non-awesome hacks (mods by other creators) may be incompatible and should not be considered safe for FT until their creator/maintainer declares them safe or updated. (You may, of course, hackdiff them yourself if you wish). 
Oh, I know. I have all non-awesome hacks off until I'm sure they're alright. I intend to use the least of those as possible. I was only asking about awesome stuff. (BTW, what's hackdiff?)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 06, 17:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hackdiff is a small utility (available here, I believe) that compares hacks to the new objects.package in a new EP and flags potential problems.  Primarily used by hack/mod developers to let them know what needs to be updated for a new EP.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: