More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:12:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm  (Read 179324 times)
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
« Reply #75 on: 2008 March 21, 13:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked  well I didn't *know* that !!
Thank you Inge for letting me know I will take it out right now.
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 March 21, 18:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version of Insim do you use? Only use the OBJ version when a new EP comes out -- DEST and SIM affect the globals and the pie menus, which Macrotastic also uses, so that could be the conflict.
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 March 21, 20:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the DEST one...... maybe I will try one OBJ one until they bring out the new one....thanks for the tip  Wink
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 March 21, 21:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orrr, you can NOT USE IT UNTIL IT'S UPDATED.

Which is the smart thing to do.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 March 21, 21:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From a post on the InSim website:
It is not known at the moment whether the Insimenator will be updated for FreeTime yet.

That apparently being the case, you may want to try the OBJ version, but it is very much a "use at your own risk" issue.  I was an Insim user, but used it mainly for things for which there are other hacks (i.e. teleport, exporting townies, etc.).  I have chosen to use alternate hacks for these functions and will wait and see if Insim gets updated, by which time I may not care anyway.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 March 21, 22:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics uses the "plugin" functionality, which does not alter any global anythings. However, the Birdwatching function is something that is part of the destination globals, so if you have something which alters that, it will break.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 April 14, 14:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really not a kindness from you to ingore me this way, OK? Am I nul?

I Asked you to instruct me how to alter this package to make all sims having enthusiasm gain points markers above their heads, not just the family you play only.
I'm not new in BHAVS so I will make all changes by myself, I just need a hint, Wink

thank you
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 April 14, 14:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look through your own posting history. You have never asked that question before. Before getting snippy, make sure you actually have the right to.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 April 14, 15:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look through your own posting history. You have never asked that question before. Before getting snippy, make sure you actually have the right to.

Confirmed: no earlier request.  And - Why would you want this?  The enthusiasm gain points markers are spam, IMO.  They serve only to show that your playable is actually gaining something.  Having the culinary enthusiasm ++ marker above every sim at a downtown restaurant, just because they are eating, would get very old very fast, and make getting pictures for stories hopeless.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 April 15, 03:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really not a kindness from you to ingore me this way, OK? Am I nul?

I Asked you to instruct me how to alter this package to make all sims having enthusiasm gain points markers above their heads, not just the family you play only.
I'm not new in BHAVS so I will make all changes by myself, I just need a hint, Wink
I have no information about this subject at this time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 April 15, 08:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eric has suddenly unsouped from InSimenator.net

Edit:  Oh - sorry I just posted this here cos we were talking about InSimenator a few posts back.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 April 15, 15:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted my request before posting this new one. That post have been hanging here for a week and no one paid any attention to it. So that is why I repeat my ask.As far as I know moderators can see the posts deleted by users. Wink

The enthusiasm gain points markers are spam, IMO.  They serve only to show that your playable is actually gaining something.  Having the culinary enthusiasm ++ marker above every sim at a downtown restaurant, just because they are eating, would get very old very fast, and make getting pictures for stories hopeless.
==============
I like equality in the game, like skilling, fitness, motives, aspiration, badges, and hobbies. for all, not just for those you play only. Wink
I guess these BHAVs can be modified in the way J'M' Pescado did with badges..
please help me!  Roll Eyes

I have no information about this subject at this time.
so that's why you "missed" my post. OK I see
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 April 15, 15:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok, so what you want is the ability for non-playable sims to gain enthusiasm while on community lots, something like Enthusiasm For All; I thought you were just talking about making progress bars show for enthusiasm  Huh

INFP or something
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 April 15, 15:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok, so what you want is the ability for non-playable sims to gain enthusiasm while on community lots, something like Enthusiasm For All; I thought you were just talking about making progress bars show for enthusiasm  Huh

This is already included in the hack:  "Controlled sims, NPCs, and townies may gain skills while visiting community
lots, including non-college community lots. Notifications of skill-point gain will only be displayed for controllable sims. Enthusiasm may now be gained on community lots and while visiting."

Tribulatio proxima est
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 April 16, 16:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I know that all sims gain enth. on community lots but I'd like to see the results of this above all sims.
Also I'd like to have a mod that autoban all PRE-FT NPC to visit secret hobby lots. they are still horrible looking in my game so I'd like to not see them.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 April 16, 16:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "enthusiasm ++" marker that pops up above the head of a playable sim merely means that some gain in enthusiasm has been accomplished.  It does not provide an accurate measure of how much.  Even if the non-playable gains several points of enthusiasm, you will not be able to see the real amount of enthusiasm gained.  As the hack already notes that they gain enthusiasm, the ++ popup is entirely superfluous.

If you want to know exactly how much enthusiasm they gain, you have to make them selectable so you can see their stats.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 April 16, 17:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I know that all sims gain enth. on community lots but I'd like to see the results of this above all sims.
Also I'd like to have a mod that autoban all PRE-FT NPC to visit secret hobby lots. they are still horrible looking in my game so I'd like to not see them.
Why, though? Because you don't trust the hack? Because you like having your view filled with superfluous icons?

For an autoban, I'd use TwoJeff's Visitor Controller, over at Simbiology. You can autoban NPCs with it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 April 18, 13:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I wanna see this "++" markers in the way like badges "+" do. You tell me this is bad and useless, may be you finally give me a tip how to modify the mod in the way I'd like to?  Huh

I'm afraid if I ban all NPC the hobby lot leader would vanish too. or no?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 April 18, 14:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I wanna see this "++" markers in the way like badges "+" do. You tell me this is bad and useless, may be you finally give me a tip how to modify the mod in the way I'd like to?  Huh
We've been over this already: I have no idea where it is. And since I don't care, I'm not inclined to do the research to find out. My guess is that it's somewhere within the Stop Enthusiasm call on the Enthusiasm tracker, as this would be the logical place to start. Have fun.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 April 20, 00:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that they gain enthusiasm just fine on BV vacation lots, at least. WTF EA?
(okay, so I did have the FT director's cut version of comm-skilling in, now that I think about it.)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 April 21, 12:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an odd issue with this last night (I think).  Sim goes on vacation (Far East) and does activities that should be gaining skills (ie, swimming).  Sim gets the skill meter, but DOESN'T get the Autumn bonus.  NPCs who are in the same pool do get the Autumn bonus, and build skills faster.  Very strange.  Bug with this, or bug in FT/BV?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 April 21, 12:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "doesn't get the autumn bonus"? Because the autumn bonus is only visible by measurement, and I don't think the skilltracker even CAN bypass it.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 April 21, 13:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No swirling leaves appear around the skill tracker, and her skill didn't go up any faster than normal.  She only has body level 3 or 4, so a hour or two of swimming should have make a noticeable rise in the skill level in autumn, but it didn't in her case.  Yet NPCs in the pool at the same time jumped up 3 or more levels during the same period, according to the pop-ups.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 June 12, 22:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great hack but i have noticed that I get a pop up for any townie who gets a body skill point through swimming

None for the other skills they get just body when swimming
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 June 18, 10:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate how reputation changes so fast. I don't want to install this hack because of the reputation building, however I am desperate for the skill and enthusiasm building. Can you make an alternate version?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: