More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:52:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Improved Anti-Humble: WANT/DO NOT WANT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Improved Anti-Humble: WANT/DO NOT WANT  (Read 93980 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Improved Anti-Humble: WANT/DO NOT WANT
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 07, 09:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humble computer cannot be placed on OFB shelves, just like Teen computer it's based on. I noticed that 0x004F in OBJD was set to 150 (decimal), not 0.

Stupid and lazy EAxis, they still didn't fix this bug in updated Teen computer included in FT Overrides either.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 07, 16:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The L&P is not and never was part of the computer itself. It's granted by the Humble Gift Box as a seperate invisible token-thing. Since the anti-Humble Hack disables Humble from showing up at all, you will never receive the box. The fact that the computer is made buyable so you can get the computer without Humble or his cursed Box is unrelated to the game: If you already had the L&P before installing it, you will still have it. The function is not unique to the computer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 06, 02:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quote author=jsalemi link=topic=11215.msg323665#msg323665 date=1206490077]
OTOH, it is nice to get a free computer to replace all those Monique computers that are now missing from my game. Smiley
[/quote]

So that's why my Monique computers aren't working - the stupid "gift" computer?   I thought it was a hack conflict that wasn't being diagnosed with the detection utility.  Good to know (dl'ing the humble hack now).[

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 06, 03:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's why my Monique computers aren't working - the stupid "gift" computer?   I thought it was a hack conflict that wasn't being diagnosed with the detection utility.  Good to know (dl'ing the humble hack now).

No, you misunderstood me.  Until updated versions of Monique's computers were made available (right here, in fact Smiley), if you took her computers out of your downloads they'd disappear from any lots you played.  The gift computer has nothing to do with Monique's computers no longer working -- you probably just need to get the FT versions.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Amanita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 16, 07:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a bit of bother which I presume is caused by this - I had a Humble pc on and playing SSX3 when I put in this hack (on a dorm lot, if it makes a difference, my Sim brought it to college in his inventory).  After loading the game, all game-related options (play/whatever and game competition, off the top of my head) are missing from the humble and the two other computers in the dorm, and the SSX3 sound and graphics play constantly on the humble, even when it's been 'switched off'.

(Oh, and hello - I thought I'd signed up here years ago, but when I went to log in to post this I apparently didn't have an account so unless it was deleted for some reason I guess I've just been lurking all this time...)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 16, 09:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Amanita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 16, 10:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a completely clean install; I rebuilt the computer about a week before getting FT, played for a bit hack-free, then dl'd the Director's Cut for FT and removed a couple that I didn't want.  Although, is there anything else in the DC that could cause this?  I've removed nohumble and the dorm computers are still messed up, but it does say "Humble will not return even when this hack is removed".  Absolutely the only other non-standard thing I've done is use empty templates for my college neighbourhood.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 16, 12:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any other downloads besides hacks?  It's possible you have an old version of a custom computer in your downloads that's interfering with this.  Or an old hack that snuck in with a downloaded lot.  If you haven't already, head over to simwardrobe and get the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU) and run it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Amanita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 May 16, 13:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other download I have is the Ford Edge from the launch menu, no other items, not even any custom hair  Undecided
Unless somehow there was something contained in the empty neighbourhood template, but I don't know if that's even possible?  I'll get the utility anyway and check.

Could it be something to do with the state the game was in when I saved before putting in the hacks?  It's more difficult on dorm lots to make sure no-one's doing anything they shouldn't be.

ETA:
Report Start 16/05/2008 14:36:30
End Of Report
0 possible conflicts detected.

Edit 2:
I went into debug mode to wake up an inconveniently passed-out dormie and started getting lots of errors related to the computers (Attribute number out of range) - cancel and reset did nothing, so I hit delete and the screen of the humble computer went to flashing blue.  Getting the sim to turn it off fixed that but still no game options.  I sent him to buy a new game (C&C) and then he had the game options on comm lot computers but not the ones back at the dorm.  Moving him out of the dorm and into a house (bringing the humble computer in inventory again) seems to have fixed it - he can now play SSX3 and C&C solo or as a games competition.  I guess for the moment I'm just going to leave the nohumble hack out of my game, unless the error logs I was getting would be of use to figure out what happened?
« Last Edit: 2008 May 16, 15:24:48 by Amanita » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 16, 18:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting to sound like the dorm lot itself is borked.  May be time to bulldoze the lot and put a new version in its place.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Amanita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 May 16, 22:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it is borked now... I'm not too attached to it anyway, since it's only one of the defaults.  Just seems like it must have something to do with one of the hacks, if not this specific one, since I made the uni neighbourhood only a couple of days ago.

I've been thinking what might have happened is that when I saved, one of the sims was currently playing the Sims3 game - could that game token or whatever 'disappearing' unexpectedly while in use cause the symptoms I mentioned?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 17, 00:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible one of the sims was talking on a cell phone when you saved and quit?  That's a well-known way to bork a lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Amanita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 17, 10:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had only one playable sim in the dorm and the cell phone thing is something I'm aware of.  I'm trying for the first time to play in even rotation and keep the lots roughly synched so I've been trying to be careful to save at 'safe' times, and also particularly since I was expecting to come and get the DC, which I know usually resets everything... but using a computer is not something I would have been being careful about, although I guess I will in future!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 May 17, 12:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would suggest not installing hacks that modify something you are saved in the middle of using, as this can cause the code to go straight to lalaland and do godknowswhat.

Amanita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 May 17, 14:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough  Wink

I'll update my mental notes as to what constitutes a 'safe' state to save in.  I guess everyone in the household idling is the best bet, although may be tedious to orchestrate once per Sim week.  My previous play style involved staying with one family until I got tired of them or had some sort of bright idea, and there was therefore a lot less saving and exiting involved.

One final question, if I may?  The RTFM implies that the hack will continue to have an effect even after it is removed - does that affect just the appearance of Mr. Humble, or also the existence of the L&P?  i.e. in other households that I have played before I put in the hack but not since.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 May 17, 19:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rod Humble will not appear at any family played under the influence of this hack, even after the hack is removed. Removing this hack will cause him to appear at any new families. The computers will lose buyableness but will remain where they were placed on any lot that had them.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 June 04, 09:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll update my mental notes as to what constitutes a 'safe' state to save in.  I guess everyone in the household idling is the best bet, although may be tedious to orchestrate once per Sim week. 

This is why I save every sim day at 6am - they are all usually in bed.

Inteen for AL, yay!
JediKnight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 14, 00:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for stopping the Mulleted Moron from stalking my Sims!  If having TS3 is tied to a token, and will no longer be available to Sims that don't already have it, that won't bother me one bit.  TS3 is a huge sham, anyway.

Thanks again!

May the Force be with you.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: