More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:36:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unclickable sims/frustrated player
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unclickable sims/frustrated player  (Read 4834 times)
simofborg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Unclickable sims/frustrated player
« on: 2008 February 27, 22:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I'm just completely frustrated and hoping someone knows the answer to his problem. I lose sims on community lots, they call the taxi or I tell them to go home and and they become unclickable. with vacation lots  I go back to neighbourhood and lose that part of the game play, but from business lots I just can't get them back, going out and back in doesn't work they're still unclickable and home just tells me they're at the business lot.
Trying to get them back I wrecked my game, and back to the begining we go.
In desperation I patched BV.
With a big hacks folder,  testing for conflicts, took days.  I was certain it wasn't a pescado hack so they came out last, but with  no townie respawn out it appeared to work, that is until I took sims on vacation, and there it is again.
I have all expansions and stuff packs.
I realize testing starts again, 'cos I can't play without hacks, oh no no no!  but I'm hoping someone has an easy answer, like this has happened to me and these hacks conflicted.
Oh I ran hack conflict detecter, no luck. Most of my hacks are Pescado's, there's a couple of squinges old mods like back to casual, sim wardrobes business hacks, and Neumenors fixes, and object mods, Moniques computer being the main one.
Does anyone know where I can get a 'I Hate Maxis' bumper sticker. and is Pescado responsable for the EA morph Swastika that my daughter came across on the net?
Oh the other thing I probably should mention sin took secu rom off and I have a no Cd patch. Have a Great day.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Unclickable sims/frustrated player
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 27, 22:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's EA now, now Maxis. Or if you prefer EAxis. There is no Maxis anymore.

Also, remove all unawesome hacks and see if the problem persists.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
simofborg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 27, 23:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jelenedra,  I did do that, I removed all other hacks and then began elimanating awesome hacks  I thoght it was no townie regen ony when that was out did the lot appear to behave, to tell the truth I was a bit amazed myself. I put all the others back in batches and it seemed to work. I was testing in bluewater using Landgraab, and the club dante. When I thought everything was OK I started a new game. The first vacation lot I sent my sims to worked fine but not the second.
I should have mentioned I have Insim but I took that out first, along with all object hacks, I wondered if it was skilling on community lots because that wasn't in the BV hacks and I used the seasons one, but when I put that back the game worked fine. At least I thought I did a good job testing obviously I didn't I should have used a bv lot too. Obviously it isn't townie regen. I've run clea installer to see if I've downloaded anything with a lot, no luck. The only other idea I have is its just an item, at least one of the maxis meshes has disappeared from  the folder.
I'm a bit behind the times I didn't realize free time was out, I could get that and start with all new shiny hacks, but I so hate waiting for sim pe, I only use it to edit  memories and familly info, on account I'm not computer savy enough to do anything else with it. But I miss it when I cann't use it.
Anyway for now I'll start the process again, as you suggest  thanks for your time.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 28, 16:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Jelenedra suggests, this sounds like tight pants or the work of the non-awesome.  Remove all hacks and test.  Install latest version of awesome hacks (directors cut) for your latest EP - do not overwrite your current Downloads\hacks directory, but install new.  Some old hacks have been discontinued or merged and old versions now conflict.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 28, 17:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this same problem on businesses my sims own. If I click on the mailbox to send them home, they become unclickable. It isn't a hack I can tell, and I don't have anything connected to the mailbox.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 28, 18:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have mailboxes on community lots? That's a problem, right there.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 28, 22:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I am beyond frustrated with this EP. I'm completely hacked off.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
simofborg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 04, 21:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been testing for days, and have had all sorts of problems like the original BV bugs back, but I finally discovered some DMA worker sims in my downloads, I took them out and everything seems to be fine again, I like the DMA teleporterdon't use anything else, must have left them there last time I downloaded it I guess. Thanks for the help I appreiciate it. Have a great day.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: