More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:25:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Free Time Facts And Learnings
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Time Facts And Learnings  (Read 97772 times)
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: Free Time Facts And Learnings
« Reply #50 on: 2008 March 28, 21:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are the options and results with the genie lamp? Has anyone tested all of them yet?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 20, 16:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize I'm a month behind on this and everyone probably already knows these, but the options for the genie are:

Wish for wealth: Huge bag of money drops for $10k...also, it seems there's a way to get him to drop $30k at once by wishing it repeatedly.
Wish for Piece(sic) of Mind:  Perma-plat...nice job on the typo, EAxis
Wish for a way to Cheat Death: Can plead reaper for own life
Wish for Long Life: Same as Elixir of Life.
Wish for Beauty: Temporary attraction boost.

Largely unimpressive, although the Cheat death could be interesting, but the rest is basically worthless.  Hopefully someone will come up with a hack to make it more better.  Also, the lack of evil wishes is disappointing.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 20, 16:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheat Death is very interesting. Does anyone know the odds on this?

I had a sim do that, just to see what it does. He then reached death by old age, and pleaded with death similarly to how they plead for a loved one. Death played "Find the Shiny" with him (had some glowing ball in a hand, switched it around behind his back, and the sim chose a hand). So far, my sim has won six times.

I agree, it would be nice to have a Wish Death On... one, or something of the sort.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 20, 17:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, it would be nice to have a Wish Death On... one, or something of the sort.

WANT!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 20, 22:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheat Death is very interesting. Does anyone know the odds on this?

the first day its 100% guaranteed they will cheat death and each day after that the odds are supposed to drop by 10%
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 20, 23:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is one of those times that I wish either I knew how to read the package files, or that this game was coded in c so I could mod it myself.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 April 21, 00:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have every reason to believe the game *IS* coded in C based on some of the errors it spits out, but normally, you don't get to mess with the source of the game itself. As for reading packages, this and MTS2 are pretty much the best places to learn this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 April 21, 05:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally work better with source code than with GUIs...dunno why...maybe from growing up with DOS and BASIC..

guess when I get some time to kill, I'll hunt down some tutorials on this stuff.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 April 21, 16:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize I'm a month behind on this and everyone probably already knows these, but the options for the genie are:

Wish for wealth: Huge bag of money drops for $10k...also, it seems there's a way to get him to drop $30k at once by wishing it repeatedly.
Wish for Piece(sic) of Mind:  Perma-plat...nice job on the typo, EAxis
Wish for Long Life: Same as Elixir of Life.
Wish for Beauty: Temporary attraction boost.

Largely unimpressive, although the Cheat death could be interesting, but the rest is basically worthless.  Hopefully someone will come up with a hack to make it more better.  Also, the lack of evil wishes is disappointing.
What are the negative results? Or are these even possible anymore?

I wonder why they didn't include some of the old wishes and their negative results. The multiple fires was kind of funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 April 22, 12:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the wishes carry an innate negative result. The beauty wish gives you constant stalkers, the wealth wish increases your chance of a burglar. Others are their own negative results!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 April 22, 15:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spawned the lamp from the mailbox in debug mode a while back, out of a combination of curiosity and storytelling requirements. I'm fairly sure I used an adult to do it - most likely the Sim I wanted to use it - yet the youngest Sim in the household, a toddler at the time, got the memory. Faizah may be onto something.
It is likely that the lucky recipient of the memory will simply be the sim with the lowest object instance on the lot, similar to "The One". This will largely appear sadorandom on old lots, given that the object ID is not displayed as a visible characteristic.
Interestingly, I just had a lamp delivered last night to a sim who was the third youngest in the family. A child with twin toddler brothers. The first time I had a lamp delivered it was to the youngest. Now, the toddlers should have lower Object IDs than the child, shouldn't they? Or am I thinking from the wrong angle?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 April 23, 07:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally work better with source code than with GUIs...dunno why...maybe from growing up with DOS and BASIC..
Yeah, I hate those GUI-things also. That's pretty much why Awesomeware code is laid out like it was written line-by-line instead of the tangled arrow-spaghetti that EAxis code favors. You'll notice how all Awesomeware carries a strong preference towards top-to-bottom consecutive flow.

Mrs.Facetious
Malodorous Moron

SFJ-E and I = 50/50

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 May 06, 17:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The money from the wealth wish will keep dropping for a bit, but you have to clear your sim's queue to let it drop.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 May 06, 22:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that-but if you have power idle on they disappear before your sim can pick it up.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 May 08, 13:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The money from the wealth wish will keep dropping for a bit, but you have to clear your sim's queue to let it drop.
That bug is fixed in an Undiscovered Shiny.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 May 08, 13:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bug is fixed in an Undiscovered Shiny.

Gwill? Time to shake your maracas honey! Grin

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 May 18, 10:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Gwill junps up and down
Money shiney!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 May 24, 16:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least this could come in handy for those deathwishing Knowledges (those with no LTWsanity, at any rate) who insist on rolling "Cheat Death" while they live alone. What a ridiculous waste of a Want slot that was.  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 June 15, 09:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit I haven't seen this genie lamp in game yet, except for the family which comes with one (and I deleted them because I wanted to get the lamp on my own).  And I have played a few families for several Sim days, and even got some Sims quite high on the hobby interest bar, only I haven't maxed any of them out yet.  Could it be because I don't have NL installed at the moment, and thus perhaps don't have a gypsy matchmaker?  I'm running base game + UNI + SNS + FT at the moment, and had but got rid of TJ's Visitor Control mod after reading that it was incompatible with other FT functions.

[/asking_dumb_questions]
LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 June 15, 10:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jwaas: The gypsy matchmaker, IIRC, is one of the, ahem, "features carried forward" when you install a later EP. This is by no means a guarantee, but in my game, Gypsy Matchmaker tends to drop a lamp off on my sim's doorstep after at least one out of every two sims in the household has two hobby interests above 8. I also have my sims skill like crazy the first couple of days, via Marcotastics (Thank You JM for that GEM of a hack!!!), and the first two skills I insist on are cooking and cleaning. I wait to stand corrected if anyone more Awesome than I knows anything different, though.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 June 15, 10:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, that's what I was hoping -- that it was a Feature Carried Forward.  I haven't skilled (hobbied?) any Sims quite up to that level, so I'll wait and see.  Thanks for the help!  Smiley
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 June 15, 16:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, according to the Prima Guide, your chances of getting the Genie are slim but can be increased:
Each day, there's a two percent chance the Gypsy Matchmaker will wander by and drop off a lamp.  The more Sims in the household that have high Lifetime Aspiration score (+2% chance for each Sim with line 7 or higher Lifetime Aspiration score) and hobby enthusiasm (+1% chance for each hobby for which each Sim is at or above level 8 ), the more likely a lamp will arrive.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 16, 19:14:08 by SnootCB » Logged
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 June 16, 15:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the genie lamp/gypsy matchmaker saga continues.  I finally saw the gypsy for the first time in this context -- she snuck up to my Sims' house extremely conspicuously, in broad daylight, up the stairs onto their front porch -- and then disappeared!  I assume she was intending to drop off the lamp, but something conflicted and she went to Sim Limbo.  I've just installed a bunch of hacks from this site, so my guess is it's either an older unsupported hack, or a conflict with something non-awesome.

The Sims themselves shouldn't matter, but just in case, it was Andrew Martin who came with SNS, with his son Jacob off at Uni and his new wife Barbara in the house also, a former townie who is very pregnant with Jacob's first half-sibling.  And I think Peter Sims was visiting them at the time.  I'll start looking more closely at my Downloads folder, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 June 16, 15:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll start looking more closely at my Downloads folder, but I'm open to other suggestions.

I call tight pants. 

not that I know anything about that   Roll Eyes

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 June 16, 18:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suggestions, that is, about what to look for in my Downloads folder that might be conflicting with the gypsy.  Suggestions for my wardrobe could probably only improve matters too, but not related to this situation.  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: