More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:58:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Shiny! Dong-mah?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shiny! Dong-mah?  (Read 9335 times)
Ten Tigers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Shiny! Dong-mah?
« on: 2005 July 24, 08:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To J. M. Pescado:

In your Changelog entry for version 2.0 of the Sleep Controller Clock by Fishman Weapons Systems, you've chosen to use the word "shiny" not once but twice.

I could be way off here, but by chance was this choice of words inspired by a cancelled television show (Fox) called Firefly?

If so, then Shiny!

If not, then I submit my lips for ripping and subsequent burnination, but you can't take the sky from me.

Ten Tigers
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Shiny! Dong-mah?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 24, 08:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could be way off here, but by chance was this choice of words inspired by a cancelled television show (Fox) called Firefly?
I don't even know what you're talking about. I don't watch TV. The TV gave up the ghost awhile ago, having blown a vacuum tube, and I haven't bothered to fix it. No, I'm afraid "Shiny!" is simply the generic expression of, well, shininess. You know, like the "Ooh! Shiny!" of an easily distracted ADHD child.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 24, 08:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If so, then Shiny!

Eeeeeeeeeeee!!! I can't wait to see Serenity!!!!

Gorrammit networks! Why do they have to go and cancel all the good shows! First Firefly and then Angel! Grrr!!! Argh!!!  Angry

Ste

Ten Tigers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 24, 08:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe.  It was a long shot, but since Firefly ranks highly on the scale of not insulting the viewer's intelligence, I just figured there might be a better chance of Pescado having seen it than just about any other sci-fi show I can think of at the moment.

You may have noticed that the Sci-Fi Channel has picked up the original incomplete first season of Firefly for rebroadcast.  They seem to have timed it to finish at just about the time of the theatrical release of the resultant feature film, Serenity.  Perhaps they will put some money into Joss Whedon's effort to revive the television program and produce more episodes.  (??)  As much as I look forward to perhaps another 2-2.5 hours of Firefly in Serenity, what I really hope for is to see many more hours in the form of more seasons of the series.

If Pescado gets around to fixing his tube, he should know that in Alliance-controlled space, TV watches YOU!

Ten Tigers
« Last Edit: 2005 July 24, 11:30:02 by Ten Tigers » Logged
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 24, 19:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know that Firefly was previously boradcast somewhere else.  I did not actually watch it, mind you, because Stargate is much better. 

Thankfully, though, my TV tubes are a-OK.  I keep spares in the basement in case any of them decide to crap out during a pivotal moment.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 24, 19:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much a question of ability or parts to repair the TV, so much as it is one of interest. I don't care enough to bother.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 24, 19:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, and underground, you probably don't get reception anyway.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 24, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TV's are lame.  I have 2 Bell & Howell projectors for all of my training film needs.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 25, 03:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TV's are lame.  I have 2 Bell & Howell projectors for all of my training film needs.

True, they are. But I need one since a few of my friends got me a PAL converter. Now I can play all my VHS tapes I get from home.

I know there is a DVD PAL converter, but who can afford that? Not me. Besides, My friends and family at home use video-cameras that utilize VHS technic stuff.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: