More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:13:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cell phones mysteriously vanish, citywide! Details at eleven.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cell phones mysteriously vanish, citywide! Details at eleven.  (Read 4414 times)
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cell phones mysteriously vanish, citywide! Details at eleven.
« on: 2005 July 24, 08:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, um...  I'm getting irritated with my stupid Sims2 installation.  Current problem (of the day): No cellphone interactions available when clicking on a sim that has one.

I had three mod/hacks installed that add self-click options: JM's various Macro things, the romance hack by TwoJeffs, and a nakedness management hack by I think Crammyboy from MTS2.  I have since then removed all three of these, but to no avail- now I just get a bunch of nothing when I click on a cellular-enabled sim.

Oh, and handheld games and mp3 players don't seem to work, either... sigh.  I think it's time to reinstall the game, start fresh again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Cell phones mysteriously vanish, citywide! Details at eleven.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 24, 08:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone a former Greek house member? Sounds like you're having memory-token amnesia, generally Greek-house induced.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Cell phones mysteriously vanish, citywide! Details at eleven.
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 24, 22:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never solved which hack was causing the problem, if it wasn't just a symptom of my Sims environment consuming itself from within, like that mythical snake that eats it's tail.  Ouroboros? Snake-what-eats-tail?  I forget.

Called in the air strike.  I needed an excuse to reformat my hard drive anyway.  Now everything is shinier, the sims works, and I only have to reinstall a few hundred files.  Yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: