More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:59:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about: Pet Stories and Castaway Stories Conversion for Sims 2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about: Pet Stories and Castaway Stories Conversion for Sims 2  (Read 24354 times)
robovanrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question about: Pet Stories and Castaway Stories Conversion for Sims 2
« on: 2008 February 27, 03:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to convert the files for the Sims 2.  The Pet Stories objects are in the Simpe catalog of the version I have,  but they have an x next to them like the tester objects and the accessories and stuff.  If you put it in the game it says no picture and does not appear when placed.  I have tried changing some of the flag values.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Also with this and Castaway Stories I know you can extract individual components to convert them.  What is the simplest way to go about doing this?  If I am able to do this  I'd work on the files that look like the recolors of the original objects.  I can post whatever I am able to get converted
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Re: Question about: Pet Stories and Castaway Stories Conversion for Sims 2
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 27, 10:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try posting in the Podium.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 27, 11:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What specific objects are you trying to clone and how are you cloning them? If you're just looking to do recolors of Maxis objects, clone the PS/CS object and uncheck the option to "pull only default color." Then, open the clone, extract the texture(s) you want to somewhere you can find them (giving them descriptive, non-random number names helps, too, "e.g. ToyRabbitHeadTexture"). Go back to OW, make a recolor of the TS2 object you've extracted a texture for and replace the texture in the recolor package with your exported one and save. Delete the clone and the exported textures. Check in game to make sure your recolor shows up. If you actually want to clone the new object so it appears separately, that's a little different (and nigh impossible for some objects - some things don't transfer well), but you'll probably get more specific help on what you're doing wrong if you post what you did in the first place.
(note: my techniques are NONAWESOME and will not produce sleek, efficient, so-small-they-barely-exist files... sorry)
robovanrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 27, 23:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to convert the simle objects like the painting and stuff for Pet Stories.  They are listed in the catalog in the object workshop (like the Sims 2 objects)  but they have an x next to them like if you looked in the unknown section at some of the accessories, cars, etc.  I was wondering if they'd be convertible
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 28, 16:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simple objects like paintings and such are probably easy enough to do. The fact that they don't show a thumbnail in OW doesn't matter (not sure why that's the case... probably OW is pulling the thumbnails from some TS2 file but doesn't look in the file for the Stories series).
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 28, 17:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The red circles with a cross in it mean the OW could not find the Thumbnail in Normal TS2. You get them also if your TS2 Object has no Thumbnail like diagonal variations of Objects.
Best way to search for Objects from Pets or CS is to look for the Catalog Name.
But OW clones not always the complete Object, if the Scenegrapher could not find linked files your clone may miss them.
Give me a list of the objects you would like to have, if i have them cloned for my game i will share with you (or others).

Edit: Yes i am stupid and suck in correct spelling.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 22:16:19 by Havelock » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 28, 18:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The red circles with a cross in it mean the OW could not find the Thumpnail in Normal TS2. You get them also if your TS2 Object has no Thumpnail like diagonal variations of Objects.

Thumpnail? Do you mean a hammer? They are for thumping nails.

robovanrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 29, 00:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Havelock,
Any Pet Stories objects you were able to convert would be appreciated.  I figure the dog training stuff, that sports bench, the judges table, and that cat chaser don't work because of all those animations.  I heard there was issues with the karyoke machine, the sculpture table, and the vending machine.  Any other items that were convertible (if any) would be great.
I know there is the Triumphalism painting, Debor sign, hydrant trophy, dog paw sculpture, VeuDeu Toy, the wicker bed, the dangling plant, the dog show sign, golden food bowl, the aquarium. and the mouse on a stick wall toy.  Any of these that you have would be great!!!!!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 29, 05:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm okay. Here are Triumphalism painting, hydrant trophy, dog paw sculpture, VeuDeu Toy, the wicker bed, the dangling plant, golden food bowl and the mouse on a stick wall toy.
Also the Stadionbench, had to make a clone of the pets Gardenbench to get her to work properly. She has also two aditional colors (white and black/darkgray)

I made the Aquarium but it worked not as it should so i keeped it not in my Game. Wickerbed and petbowl have no Dirty texture bacause EAxis made them not but get dirty after time(witch looks odd on the Wickerbed).
Petshowsign, judges table and Debor sign are storyline objects and miss Catalog entrys so you could not buy them.
Have fun with the remaining objects.

* Maxis PS Rewards.rar (558.7 KB - downloaded 4322 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 05:59:22 by Havelock » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 29, 05:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the Stadion Bench. Because i could not post all attachments in one reply.

* Maxis PS Stadionbench.rar (314.73 KB - downloaded 2857 times.)
robovanrobyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 01, 03:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
funnykid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 02, 06:54:54 »