More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:23:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Phone Hack Issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Hack Issues  (Read 9151 times)
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Phone Hack Issues
« on: 2008 February 26, 22:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, me again (BTW how do I get to go from Asinine Airhead to Corpulent Cretin?  I like that one better!!   Roll Eyes)  I run UNI, NL, OFB, H&M (most recent, running from this disk).  Have teleporter shrub, stay things shrub, and collegeclock - no CC.  Just installed phonehack and autoyak (OFB version) and the following things are happening:
-  Sims can't dial out for anything, but they can receive calls.
- When I click on call Sim, the action joins the queue briefly, then drops out.
- No menu items appear for "Call Friends" or "Call family", but the one to set the ringer is there
- I am not getting the "We haven't talked in ages" annoying calls and when family/friends call the Sim will continue the conversation until the relationship score hits 100.

One thing I'm not sure if it's related:  Teen was invited to community lot, went and met date, decided to go steady, bought clothes, etc.  Called the taxi to go home - she could place the call but when the taxi came she did not recognize it, the action didn't join the queue and I couldn't click on it for her to get in.  Had to exit and lose progress to get home.   Sad

Any ideas?  The other hacks I mentioned are all working fine.  Thanks in advance for your help.
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
Re: Phone Hack Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 27, 00:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replied in your other thread but I don't mind repeating myself.

Call Friend and Call Family only show up when you click on the Sim, not on the phone.  Can't help with the rest, sorry.

Edit:  Could there be something keeping the sim from reaching the phone?  If it's blocked by something it will fall out of the cue

This must be what going mad feels like.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 27, 02:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H&M doesn't use the OFB engine.  Try another version of the phone hack, perhaps Seasons?

Quote from: Simmerqueen
I am not getting the "We haven't talked in ages" annoying calls and when family/friends call the Sim will continue the conversation until the relationship score hits 100.

Those are features.  Sims will no longer bother you if they don't plan to actually converse.  Relationship scores are kept high to make it easy to get and maintain friendships without calling the same sim over and over when Social need is maxed.  Tell them to hang up if the call is taking too much time.

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 27, 03:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm interested to see if anyone has any ideas about this since I am having the same issue with the community lot and taxi problems when the phone hack is installed. I have been avoiding it since most of my sims have cars, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. (I'm running off of Seasons, though.)
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 27, 14:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H&M doesn't use the OFB engine.  Try another version of the phone hack, perhaps Seasons?

Those are features.  Sims will no longer bother you if they don't plan to actually converse.  Relationship scores are kept high to make it easy to get and maintain friendships without calling the same sim over and over when Social need is maxed.  Tell them to hang up if the call is taking too much time.
So even if I'm not running Seasons I might need the Seasons version of the phone hack because of H&M?
Great, that means some features are working and if I get the correct version I might be okay. 
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 27, 14:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replied in your other thread but I don't mind repeating myself.

Call Friend and Call Family only show up when you click on the Sim, not on the phone.  Can't help with the rest, sorry.

Edit:  Could there be something keeping the sim from reaching the phone?  If it's blocked by something it will fall out of the cue
Thank you!  Since I haven't used the phone hack before I didn't know how to access those.  Can you click on the Sim at any time and get those options?

Good suggestion - I checked and there was nothing blocking it.  Actually, I originally tested it in a few different households so I was pretty sure that wasn't the case.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 27, 14:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call Friends/Family is a functionality provided by the AutoYak, not by the Phone Hack. Looking into the Call Drop, since the OFBp2 Phone Hack is teh same phone Hack as every version since then, but H&M may be throwing a monkey-wrench into the version detect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 27, 15:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call Friends/Family is a functionality provided by the AutoYak, not by the Phone Hack. Looking into the Call Drop, since the OFBp2 Phone Hack is teh same phone Hack as every version since then, but H&M may be throwing a monkey-wrench into the version detect.
Thanks so much - I was confusing the functions of the two hacks.  I'll gladly uninstall H&M if I have to in favor of your hacks since the phone drives me crazy with the stupid "You haven't called" and I have been dying to have the hacks in place for this (Phone Hack) and to help w/friend/family maintenance (AutoYak).  I think I have it straight now... Embarrassed   Looking forward to your additional input. 
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 27, 16:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran a game config the same as yours and had many problems with macrotastics and the phone hack (mostly due to the Sim resetting on mouse-over). There seems to be little known about this mixture of game expansions and stuff packs, and I was told it was unsupported. In the end I brought Seasons and this fixed all of those little problems. The Seasons expansion is well worth it and shouldn't cost too much on E-Bay (mine was £10 incl p&p) now that there are two later expansion packs out. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

ISTP
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 28, 13:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Seasons expansion is well worth it and shouldn't cost too much on E-Bay (mine was £10 incl p&p) now that there are two later expansion packs out. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Thanks for your input - I may end up buying Seasons.  I am not opposed to getting it, I'm just not sure how many EPs my system will run.  In the meantime while J.M. Pescado is taking a look, I removed the Phone Hack and AutoYak and my game is running perfectly again - if you can call it that with all the phone annoyances! Angry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 28, 14:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get errors/resets on mouseover, I require a log. Otherwise, nothing useful can be done from that info.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 28, 15:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get errors/resets on mouseover, I require a log. Otherwise, nothing useful can be done from that info.
1st - I read on the firing range that you fixed the version switching error (which I think applies to me although I don't know what OOB means).  Thank you so much for spending your time to make the game so much more playable.  Is there anything new I have to download, or just use the one I have and now it will work?
2nd - By "phone annoyances" I meant those inherent in the game, nothing to do with the hacks, sorry if I wasn't clear.
3rd - I really wasn't kidding in my very first post when I said I was totally non-awesome.   I don't know what an "error/reset on mouseover" means or where I would find a log.   Embarrassed  Possibly by playing with boolprop on Huh - just a guess...  Guess I won't be losing my "Asinine Airhead" designation any time soon... Wink
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 28, 15:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instructions on getting and posting an error log are in the FAQ. It also lists the various posting ranks.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 28, 16:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instructions on getting and posting an error log are in the FAQ.  It also lists the various posting ranks.
Thanks - sometimes searching out so much info so fast makes me overlook the obvious...course, it might be a little easier to find the FAQs if they were listed as such, instead of "Spore Torrents...".   Roll Eyes  On the plus side, Sims2 is motivating me to learn more about my computer.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 17:11:10 by Simmerqueen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 29, 08:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame Venusy. He thinks this is an effective way to bait people into reading the FAQ. I think it just cuts into our ability to rightfully heckle people who don't.

Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 29, 14:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame Venusy. He thinks this is an effective way to bait people into reading the FAQ. I think it just cuts into our ability to rightfully heckle people who don't.
Maybe the baiting would work for some - I guess my brain just tends to slide right over phrases that have no meaning for it!  And now that I DO know where they are, no more excuses for me.  Anyway, I am sure I will give (have already given??) you plenty of other reasons to heckle me...   Wink
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 29, 18:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked Zazazu's original suggested title best: "You Are Stupid And We Hate You - A Quick Guide to MATY".  It says what it is while making it clear that we are not the nicey-nice kind of people who coddle morons.

Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 02, 13:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the AutoYak updated for stuff packs too, or only the phone hack?  I ask because when I looked on Friday the phone hack shows a most recent update date of 2/2008 in your list of hacks but the AutoYak still shows a 2007 date.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 02, 15:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it hasn't been updated, that means it doesn't need to be updated -- it works fine as is.  Pescado is really good about keeping all the parts up-to-date.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: