More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:28:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oh fishy fish fish fish
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh fishy fish fish fish  (Read 4513 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Oh fishy fish fish fish
« on: 2008 February 08, 20:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The installation of Bon Voyage has suddenly and inexplicably gifted me with visible fish.

Now I knew my old PowerMac was incapable of rendering the fish (at least after OFB). The new MacPro also could not do it. Until now.

With the installation of BV I can see the fish in SOME ponds (not all, dependent on size and depth) but also in decorative fishtanks. I'm also getting some water detail such as rain falling into the pool. I thought the water detail was directX?.

Any accounting for this? Did Aspyr put a fix in?

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Oh fishy fish fish fish
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 08, 22:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

It's also in the Seasons patch.  I chose to patch first before installing BV.  I haven't play-tested thoroughly yet, so I don't know what the patch fixes besides the fish, and some water effects, but at least I don't think it borked anything.  Not badly, anyway.  Roll Eyes

I don't know if you'll want to patch or not.  It certainly was massive, but all of it may have been rolled into BV.  They came out about the same time.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 08, 23:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put no patches in. I surely know better than that. A simple install.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 09, 03:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't get away with saying that anymore. I know for a fact that Seasons & BV both firkle around and patch as they see fit. It's part of the reason why when I reinstall the game in a couple of hours I'm going to try putting the EP's in backwards and see what happens then.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 09, 22:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EPs for MacOS have always been a little different from the PC versions with regard to patches.  Quite a few of the EPs have patched earlier ones as applicable, and sometimes even the base game, so I've never had an installation interrupted because of a missing patch.

This last patch for Seasons was a little unusual, as it was supposedly a combo patch, rolling together earlier patches for base game, Uni, NL, etc.  I'm not entirely sure though, whether there was any change if you had already patched those EPs.  I only took the extra step this time because I wasn't sure if everything in the Seasons patch had made it to BV, because of the timing.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 01, 01:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a quick update to my earlier assertion that I was going to bypass the patches by installing backwards - *aaarghh!* - bloody EAxis stealths the patches onto the computer. Then if you later add an EP for which an installed EP contained a patch the patch is run. Normal swearwords are not enough. I have resorted back to the heartfelt statement of "Bum!" It may be a little childish but it's the only epithet I have that completely embodies how I feel about that lttle 'feature'

"Bum! Bum! Bum! Bum! Bum!"

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 02, 06:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The installation of Bon Voyage has suddenly and inexplicably gifted me with visible fish...

With the installation of BV I can see the fish in SOME ponds (not all, dependent on size and depth) but also in decorative fishtanks. I'm also getting some water detail such as rain falling into the pool...

I don't know if you'll have it, but check your sims' roof the next time it rains. I was sort of tickled pink when I noticed the rainwater running down the shingles.  It made me all goofy and like "Coooo-ell!"  Grin

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: