More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:45:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 333842 times)
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #600 on: 2008 March 31, 21:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs' hack is the one that I have also.  I wasn't sure if that counted as a hacked telescope or not.
Thank you for the clarification.

\"We apologize for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked."<br />Monty Python and The Holy Grail
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2008 March 31, 21:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having difficulty reproducing the stargazing problem properly, but some observations with an empty downloads folder include -

The knowledge sim abduction wants not working like they used to, only the 'Get Abducted' ever shows up, the Have family member abducted and be abducted 'x' times wants are MIA even when the knowledge sim has had as many as six abductions within a short space of time.  (This is also the case if the knowledge sim hasn't chosen a secondary aspiration in case you were wondering Wink)

As Alexx points out the family don't come to witness abduction anymore though they DO come out to 'Welcome Home'.

Playable sims on the lot don't generate 'X was abducted' memories, they do generate fears of 'x' being abducted though.

I'll keep trying to figure out how to reproduce the stargazing ADD problem.  (I am not using TJ's higher abduction odds anymore since Freetime seems to have increased the odds - legacy spouse was abducted twice in adulthood, founder abducted once in elderhood, oldest daughter abducted once in teenhood, all in generation 1 lol)
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Telescope bugginess
« Reply #602 on: 2008 March 31, 23:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got lucky with an error on the telescope in my modded TS2 game, not sure if it's related and I can't do anything with the logs myself so it's added to this post in case anybody is interested. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2008 April 02, 05:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had two sims turn blue while outside but in a hottub while I have warmthfixes installed. I verified it is the latest version. Someone mentioned a similar issue earlier but didn't have pictoral proof. Here you are:

All EPs, H&M stuffpack, all patches except for FT1.
This is the hottub at Emma's bathroomless house, if pertinent.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2008 April 02, 05:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was he in the hot tub due to ACR?  I think I saw something about this over at TJ's new place.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2008 April 02, 05:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yuppers.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: 2008 April 02, 07:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've taken to placing my tubs indoors now-otherwise all my sims turn blue. It is definitely an ACR problem, in my greek house, visiting students and my sims can sit in the tub for hours and not turn blue.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2008 April 02, 07:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was sure I'd seen someone asking TJ about this.  I can't see it now at TJ's new site.  So either my search-fu sucks, or it was at Inteen before he moved (clicking to view TJ's old support forum there now redirects to TJ's new site).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: 2008 April 02, 08:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there isn't anything about it. Zazazu, if you are a member there, why don't you post and let TJ know about it? If you don't want to, can I steal your picture with the Temp stats on and post that?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2008 April 02, 13:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was sure I'd seen someone asking TJ about this.  I can't see it now at TJ's new site.  So either my search-fu sucks, or it was at Inteen before he moved (clicking to view TJ's old support forum there now redirects to TJ's new site).

It was me, on the inteen site, letting TJ know about this.  He said he'd look into it, because at this point ACR doesn't 'hook into' Seasons code.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2008 April 03, 23:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gaagh! Too many pages to read through! I will add my two scents though. Don't bother getting Young Adults in a dorm to write a novel unless you really want to fulfil their want because it never gets delivered when they are finished!  Angry

I saw someone earlier on mention something about the birds in the FT video being staged. Well, I've never seen them in my game but while I was poking around in SimPE I did see some reference to them that did seem to make me think they should appear when Sims are bird watching.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2008 April 04, 13:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't bother getting Young Adults in a dorm to write a novel unless you really want to fulfil their want because it never gets delivered when they are finished!  Angry

Actually I had a YA write 2 novels while in college and they were both delivered on her front door normally.

Dive in!
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2008 April 04, 23:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this is a bug, as I see people have been able to accomplish what I cannot.

With the exception of the hacks listed below, I only have the mods from the DC.

Other hacks:  Carrigon_ForeverBurnFireplaces, MQ_Relationship_STR_Decay_Hack, MQ_Visitors_Stays_Longer, No Shoving from Look Through.

Every time I send a Sim (maxis made families from Freetime) to their hobby lots, everyone on the lots just leave as my Sim arrives, including the Hobby NPC.  I do get the pop up from the NPC, but when I click on them or the townies, there is no interaction possible at all and again they all just leave the lot.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks  Cheesy
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2008 April 04, 23:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say it most likely is the MQ hacks, especially the visitors stay longer one.  None of her hacks have been updated for FT, and probably won't be, since she's be AWOL since last October. You should take them out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2008 April 05, 01:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say it most likely is the MQ hacks, especially the visitors stay longer one.  None of her hacks have been updated for FT
My alternative to MQ Visitors Stay Longer mod: Visitors Still Here (BV and FT versions)
(Also,no auto toss football and no auto musical instr.play including EP7 vio and synth.)
 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1814487#post1814487
« Last Edit: 2008 April 05, 01:47:49 by Alexx » Logged
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2008 April 05, 08:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting stuck invisible bags of cash, and my headmaster scenario is borked. He disappears after the tour is over.

More F than you
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2008 April 05, 13:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting stuck invisible bags of cash, and my headmaster scenario is borked. He disappears after the tour is over.

Check under your legal robes - methinks your pants are tighter than necessary.  Grin  Seriously, this sounds like time to check timestamps on Awesome hacks, update, and play "binary removal" with nonawesome hacks.

Sure you don't have anything not cleared for FT?

Tribulatio proxima est
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2008 April 05, 21:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say it most likely is the MQ hacks, especially the visitors stay longer one.  None of her hacks have been updated for FT
My alternative to MQ Visitors Stay Longer mod: Visitors Still Here (BV and FT versions)
(Also,no auto toss football and no auto musical instr.play including EP7 vio and synth.)
 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1814487#post1814487

Thanks jsalemi, I was afraid of that!  Sad 

Alexx, those mods are great, thanks for the links!!  Grin
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2008 April 07, 02:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New one: The breadfruit tree...when it catches fire from lightning, the effect never ends. You have to delete the tree and replace. It's happened on two lots now, with approximately 8 trees, and only seems to be occurring with this type.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #619 on: 2008 April 07, 06:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened in BV too, Zazazu.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2008 April 07, 14:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to get Seasons.  Lightning sounds like just too much fun.

On the other hand, with all the lulzy distracting stuff that can happen, I find I already don't spend nearly enough time getting my sims to focus on anything constructive.  I've only ever had 2 sims max a hobby interest and get into the zone since FT came out, and almost nobody works hard enough to get any skills badges when they could be playing basketball.  Roll Eyes

Exception: simRohina spends lots of time making faulty robots (and selling them to Brynne).

Tribulatio proxima est
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2008 April 07, 16:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't bother getting Young Adults in a dorm to write a novel unless you really want to fulfil their want because it never gets delivered when they are finished!  Angry

Actually I had a YA write 2 novels while in college and they were both delivered on her front door normally.

Yes you can ignore that point I made. I played yesterday and found the book lying on the dorm doorstep. I never saw a van deliver it though one must have done.

Has anybody else noticed that the new cribs don't animate! I know people say the nannies can't interact other than taking kids out but the bars on the new cribs don't move which means my Sims are sticking their hands through the bars! Its really annoying.
adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2008 April 07, 17:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for what it's worth, I haven't installed FT yet.  After reading through all the fuckups, I'm never installing it.  It sounds like the benefits are far out-weighed by the problems.   I have everything up to BV, and have had so many problems since bv that I can't go through it again. 
« Last Edit: 2008 April 07, 17:40:24 by adelegarland » Logged
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2008 April 10, 08:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game is totally messed up... I installed freetime and at the beginning it was running fine... then suddenly i went to the cas screen and the sims kept appearing way back.. behind the mirror... also the wants/fears slots are empty .. I tried to take my sims to community lots to get their wants to refresh but when i got to the community lot the sim wasn't there... so the lot was in build mode....
I don't get why this hapenned.. it was working just fine... I removed my dowloads folder but it didn't help.. i re'installed the entire game all over again... twice! didn't help...  Huh
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2008 April 10, 18:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game is totally messed up... I installed freetime and at the beginning it was running fine... then suddenly i went to the cas screen and the sims kept appearing way back.. behind the mirror... also the wants/fears slots are empty .. I tried to take my sims to community lots to get their wants to refresh but when i got to the community lot the sim wasn't there... so the lot was in build mode....
I don't get why this hapenned.. it was working just fine... I removed my dowloads folder but it didn't help.. i re'installed the entire game all over again... twice! didn't help...  Huh

I don't see how you could have removed everything and for the CAS thing to still be happening. Usually that is caused by a bad bodyshop mesh. So, have you checked your saved sims folder and Teleport folder for straggling package files? The stuck in build mode thing sounds like a hack. Remove all user files and try again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: