More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 23:35:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336882 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #500 on: 2008 March 17, 23:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I failed trying to search

Is there an awesome fix for not being able to call NPC's on the phone anymore? NPC's such as the store clerks, newspaper delivery, etc. can not be called on the phone.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: 2008 March 17, 23:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an awesome fix for not being able to call NPC's on the phone anymore? NPC's such as the store clerks, newspaper delivery, etc. can not be called on the phone.

No, but you can add them as a group via the phone. (I'm not sure if you need NL or if groups have been 'carried over' to FT) You can then invite them over for an outing. I had to do this for Neil LeTourneau. My sim fell in love with him via TJ's crystal ball. I'm not sure if the relationship has to be high for them to accept outings though. It is the only non-hack 'fix' I have discovered for the NPC problem.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2008 March 18, 00:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but you can add them as a group via the phone. (I'm not sure if you need NL or if groups have been 'carried over' to FT) You can then invite them over for an outing. I had to do this for Neil LeTourneau. My sim fell in love with him via TJ's crystal ball. I'm not sure if the relationship has to be high for them to accept outings though. It is the only non-hack 'fix' I have discovered for the NPC problem.

Actualy, there is a fix, at Simwardrobe. The only problem is that the npcs that you aren't supposed to call are also on the list.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2008 March 18, 00:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent my plat aspiration sim into the energizer and he came out with all his bars red! Angry

You can either get the fix for this from the Director's Cut here or from TwoJeffs over at his place, they are both the same so just pick one to use.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: 2008 March 18, 00:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actualy, there is a fix, at Simwardrobe. The only problem is that the npcs that you aren't supposed to call are also on the list.

Yeah, I know..that's why I said 'non-hack' Wink

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2008 March 18, 00:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Emma, I will try that! I knew about the simwardrobe fix, but wanted to know if an awesome fix was available.

----

Don't know if this qualifies but I recently noticed if I have a sim sleep outdoors in a bed, they will not stay asleep but instead wake up with a fire icon in their thought bubble. Like they are afraid they will catch on fire by sleeping outdoors. Is this something introduced by FT, some other EP or is it borked?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 18, 00:45:20 by PlayLives » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2008 March 18, 00:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There may be an invisible fire on the lot.  Is a glitch since Seasons, something to do with one of the plants getting struck by lightning.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2008 March 18, 00:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahah, by golly I think that's it. Lightening did strike a tree on the lot recently.  Wink
I thought it was a pretty cool glitch though.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2008 March 18, 01:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know..that's why I said 'non-hack' Wink

Yeah, I haven't used it. None of my sims have NPC buddies, and I worry about calling up someone I shouldn't. Damn EA ...oh well, hmmm, lets not fix the issue with the wrong npcs in the phone list, lets just take them all off! :/
Can't you give them Cellphones and call them?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2008 March 18, 02:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just happened a few minutes ago. I have all EPs and SPs. The only global hack in my game is one that gives the juicer infinite capacity, and I'm not even using the juicer on this lot. In fact, the only custom content there is in play at the moment is four bottles of poison (gypsy potions by...someone from MTS2, god I'm brilliant at the braining) in Gloria's inventory, and she ain't used a single one yet.

The problem is...there's a cynical part of me that refuses to accept that this is a bug:

Did it exist before FT? Was it fixed and re-broken? I, ah, haven't actually played with pets all that much. Got the EP within a week of it coming out, of course...

...oh well, it made me lol.
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2008 March 18, 03:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it exist before FT?

Well I admit, I was about to say "Sure did," but then I read that the reward was $0. So I'll shut my trap and go back to my Guinness. Other than that, pet chance cards are supposed to happen.  Cheesy
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2008 March 18, 04:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The locals dropping from heat stroke isn't new with FT, but I suspect (one of) the BV patch(es). I never had it happen when I first got BV, but I was playing shortly before FT came out, and there was a heatstroke epidemic at Twikii Island.

So the patch that supposedly fixed the Bigfoot memory issue broke Twikkii Island??? That's totally pathetic.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2008 March 18, 04:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The locals dropping from heat stroke isn't new with FT, but I suspect (one of) the BV patch(es). I never had it happen when I first got BV, but I was playing shortly before FT came out, and there was a heatstroke epidemic at Twikii Island.

So the patch that supposedly fixed the Bigfoot memory issue broke Twikkii Island??? That's totally pathetic.

Well, I have no proof of this, but I played Twikkii lots when BV first came out, and never had a single heatstroke from locals, no matter how long they stayed in the hot tubs, and the last time I played a vacation lot there BEFORE FT, it was every single local who got into the hot tub or hot springs. So either I just got lucky before then, it's a hack conflict we never noticed (like maybe when we use the hack to kill all those damned water balloon fights), or it got borked in the patch.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: 2008 March 18, 07:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twikkii Island is fine for me. I have a couple honeymooning just fine there-both have suntans, no heatstroke for anyone.

That Pet chance card bug has been there since Seasons at least-I don't know about just in Pets. I think I mentioned it to Pescado, but in true Pescado-style, the old git ignored me.

Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2008 March 19, 00:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my pet got promoted instead so...kinda sweet. But I found another pet bug, and that's sad because it still can't be traced to FreeTime.

So, the nanny's around so the (storyline) seriously ill mother doesn't have to deal with one toddler, probably two feti (does the super fertility perk actually do anything?), and five cats all on her own. For some reason, the nanny brings Orion, a cute little black kitten, into the bathroom. I can't help but wonder, "She's not gonna flush him, is she?" Of course, there are no mechanics for such an act in-game...right? Her complaint that there was a sink in the way of whatever she wanted to do to my cat only supported the flushing hypothesis.

There was absolutely no reason for her to bring him in there. Anyhoo, she starts mopping up, and Orion disappears. Completely. Just like the good old bug where visitors would abduct your toddlers, except she transmogrified an innocent baby animal into a cheap mop.

So, for the storyline, the crazy old bat flushed a kitten down the loo, so I'm firing her and heaping more stress on Gloria. JOY. Sad
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2008 March 19, 00:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize for being so lazy but I did not feel like checking all the 22 pages to see if this bug has been reported yet or not.  I got FT ep last Sunday.

I did a little test yesterday in regards of the Needs perks and here is a link to my results:  http://www.thesporum.net/smf/index.php?topic=2329.0

In case you are not feeling like reading it, the conclusion I came up with is that those needs perks have no effect at all on sims neither does being "in the zone".  Nothing changes the way needs are decaying despite what Eaxis adverstised.  No error report was produced by the game.

I wonder if this can be fix with a mod or is it deep core coded?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 19, 01:18:51 by MissDoh » Logged
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2008 March 19, 01:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been posted yet or not.
I sent my plat aspiration sim into the energizer and he came out with all his bars red! Angry

Try reading backwards through this thread. A fix was implemented by TwoJeffs AND Crammyboy (but choose only one).

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2008 March 19, 02:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I have taken out my whole downloads folder and this problem still keeps happening. Could someone read through the whole error log and tell me what it means? What is age node 3 and why is it borked?

Please help me before I go on a shooting spree and kill the entire Maxis/EA development team.

[attachment deleted by admin]
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2008 March 19, 06:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was smoking crack again. This is a hack conflict of some sort. I scoured my folders and removed all cc and everything worked fine. Putting back in all the objects and not the hacks leaves me with a fine working game. Some hack somewhere (probably a not awesome one) is killing my game. Off to figure it out. Tongue
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2008 March 19, 06:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy. Long time listener, first time poster. For the last couple years, I haven't even attempted to create an account, because I figured I would just leech everyone's massive knowledge and not contribute anything... but I noticed something in friendlyquark's error log and thought I would pop in and maybe suggest something.

So, I have taken out my whole downloads folder and this problem still keeps happening. Could someone read through the whole error log and tell me what it means? What is age node 3 and why is it borked?

Please help me before I go on a shooting spree and kill the entire Maxis/EA development team.

OK, first, you mentioned that you removed your entire downloads folder, but the error log clearly mentions that you have Macrotastics and TwoJeffs Visitor Controller installed. At the very least.

Second, although I'm certainly no expert, I don't think "Controller - Lot Load - Curtain Pull-Down" has anything to do with curtains. That sounds like the system object that puts up the blue soup screen during lot load. And it broke, or something broke it. The lot seemed to have been doing age calculations on the family of Sims when it broke.

And I'm not sure if it's relevant, but it says that the last day processed for the sims was day -1, but day 18 for the pets.  Hunh? Does this mean the pets are older than the rest of the family?

Anyways, if the different ages for the pets and the sims isn't relevant, it certainly seems to be the *family* who broke the lot. Or something about that family conflicts with something in your downloads, which you DIDN'T REMOVE.

EDIT: ah, seems you've found the issue is definitely hack related. I recommend replacing the hacks one at a time, to see where the game breaks.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2008 March 19, 06:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed some frustrating issues with the toddler blocks-and-drawing table. It overrides every other action that is queued--including potty training! Actually, that is a greater issue overall now...previously my queuing "potty train xxx" would make the toddler stop what he/she was doing. Not anymore, but the table is the worst stompinator. I have to x out the toddler action and wait until the action has completely finished (icon has disappeared) before I can direct the adult to potty train.

This is a serious (and well tested) issue in my game, for I too have fallen victim to the twins plague. Five for five strains the bounds of even EAxian sadorandomness. I'm wondering if the probability has been changed in the code, so that EA could show off the new, shiny toddler-to-toddler social interactions. Can anyone check? Where would I look?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2008 March 19, 06:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My toddlers often focus on the building blocks to the exclusion of the drawing. I can cancel 5-6 times, tell it to do drawing as many times and it's still got building queued. The tables have been cleaned, I make the toddler do something else in between, still they won't draw. Not all toddlers, just some. I haven't noticed if there's any particular personality or hobby bent.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Shonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2008 March 19, 08:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My toddlers often focus on the building blocks to the exclusion of the drawing. I can cancel 5-6 times, tell it to do drawing as many times and it's still got building queued. The tables have been cleaned, I make the toddler do something else in between, still they won't draw. Not all toddlers, just some. I haven't noticed if there's any particular personality or hobby bent.

I have two sets of twins on different lots.......one of each prefers drawing to blocks, and the other two prefer the blocks.  One set just grew up and the girl who preferred drawing and charisma activities loves cooking and food related stuff already.  The boy who did the blocks and (ohh it's late..can't think right now) the old beat on the peg game skill, hasn't come up with a hobby determination yet that I noticed.

Just came to me  logic? Tongue

After reading back a few more pages, her cooking must be inherited from her mother? 
« Last Edit: 2008 March 19, 08:50:08 by Shonie » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2008 March 19, 14:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed some frustrating issues with the toddler blocks-and-drawing table. It overrides every other action that is queued--including potty training! Actually, that is a greater issue overall now...previously my queuing "potty train xxx" would make the toddler stop what he/she was doing. Not anymore, but the table is the worst stompinator. I have to x out the toddler action and wait until the action has completely finished (icon has disappeared) before I can direct the adult to potty train.

I have not had the stompination effect with the blocks/drawing table, but it does advertise heavily, and takes a long time to cancel.  My toddlers all run for it, across the house if necessary, avoiding any other toys they might have.  The table is like sandcastle building - takes a long time to end the activity to start something like "learn to talk", so that by the time the toddler puts the damn blocks away, the parent has decided to go watch the waves or play SSX or something else, cancelling the "teach to talk" action.  The toddler then immediately goes back to the table.  Mind you, my toddlers all seem to be high in mechanical and creativity skills now.

Tribulatio proxima est
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2008 March 19, 14:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one toddler of a set of twins who preferred the charisma bunny toy over the table, but otherwise, yes, they all seem to run for it.  I'm routinely aging toddlers to children with creativity or mechanical scores of 8.   Shocked It skills much faster than the other toys.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: