More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:21:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336741 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #300 on: 2008 March 05, 01:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-FT permaplat sims appear borked.  No clue how or why, but your #1 is a common problem.

I wonder -- can they be fixed by removing the permaplat bit with the lot debugger, and then reapplying it later?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 01:41:31 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2008 March 05, 01:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I zorched my backup hoods in a fit of pique, so I don't know.  Perhaps someone less volatile can try it?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2008 March 05, 01:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably won't be installing FT until the weekend at the earliest, so maybe someone else can give it a go.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2008 March 05, 01:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haven't seen this one yet...  My elder knowledge bigfoot, who finished his lifetime want pre FT, and selected a grilled cheese "secondary" (HA! more like completely overwrote his aspiration) died and left a platinum grave... a platinum ROMANCE grave.  Shocked I've got awesomes and some TwoJeffs hacks, didn't save, and am going to try again *shudder* hackless.

midge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2008 March 05, 02:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That jumping out of the pool thing is a pre-ex.isting problem in the game, and not FT related. Sometimes it happens.

I know that has happened before, but since installing freetime my sims DO NOT use the ladder to climb out the pool they jump up to the side of it and the swimming pool waves are still around them, I have just bought a brand new computer and re-installed patched the works and still it happens, it goes to say I cannot build a pool with my home on a beach front because this keeps happening, so it must be a freetime bug, I dont have any hacks installed except for crammyboys, and thats about it, im at a loss at what it could be, chuffing thing.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2008 March 05, 03:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-FT permaplat sims appear borked.  No clue how or why, but your #1 is a common problem.

I wonder -- can they be fixed by removing the permaplat bit with the lot debugger, and then reapplying it later?

I have a backup made just before installing FT several hours ago, so I thought I'd try this out for you, I've tried putting two pre-FT permaplat elders into the energiser and it's working normally on each attempt, the first elder I put through five times (I dragged a need down between attempts), the second has been through seven times and it's still working normally, the next step I'll try putting normal platinum sims through..

Edit:
 I can't seem to reproduce the issue regarding platinum sims having problems with the energiser with my pre-FT permas or the normal permas.  Smart Milk is also normal.  Are you guys sure you don't have have anything left floating around in your downloads?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 03:19:20 by miramis » Logged
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2008 March 05, 05:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just us.  It's on the BBS too.  It appears to be one of those glitches that only affects some simmers.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008 March 05, 05:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having this problem with my Grilled Cheese Sim and I cannot remove his perma-plat with the debugger. I tried just before the turn of the hour for six Sim hours and his aspiration meter didn't budge at all. I was able to to pull it down to green by shift-clicking a few of his fears, but when I got him back up into the gold he was still making red smart milk and failing at the energizer. This particular Sim was not perma-plat before I installed FT but at some point his aspiration meter stopped decaying and I didn't notice until now.

ETA: Why is my Sim gaining both Science and Games enthusiasm from studying logic? He's been reading from the Edumacation bookshelf and not playing chess or anything. He earned a membership card for the Gaming sekrit lot while I was trying to fix my Grilled Cheese Sim. Bwuh?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 05:43:34 by gynarchy » Logged

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2008 March 05, 05:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the work-around?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2008 March 05, 08:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the orb set him straight again. Using it also inadvertently answered the question I had about resetting LTA perks.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008 March 05, 09:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly a bug, but something they "fixed" in the new ep much to my annoyance:

When picking a career reward, you could undo the action in the reward panel and then redo it in buy mode, which resulted in the career reward still being available. It's cheating obviously since I could provide all the children in the family with the rewards and they could take them to college. But I do not see the point of removing something nobody ever complained about.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2008 March 05, 12:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When picking a career reward, you could undo the action in the reward panel and then redo it in buy mode, which resulted in the career reward still being available. It's cheating obviously since I could provide all the children in the family with the rewards and they could take them to college. But I do not see the point of removing something nobody ever complained about.

Wait - what? This could mean that they removed the surface exploit as well. Oh no! I haven't thought of checking on that one, because I rarely use it, but I'm used to it being there when I need it Cry. Must check that at once.

Another annoyance: The novels are saved with be bookcases they're put in, not with the family. If you move to another lot and forget to take your old bookcase with you (I mean, who does that anyway) or to take the books out, all novels are gone and you have to write a new one in order to fulfill that "Read novel" want Angry.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008 March 05, 12:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haven't seen this one yet...  My elder knowledge bigfoot, who finished his lifetime want pre FT, and selected a grilled cheese "secondary" (HA! more like completely overwrote his aspiration) died and left a platinum grave... a platinum ROMANCE grave.
How mighty peculiar.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008 March 05, 15:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The premade sim, Sophia Jocque (blonde sporty type, has ears that are not pointy), just aged to elder in my game.  This is what she looks like as an elder:

Something is definitely screwy.  There are no custom skins or face replacements in my game (apart from replacements for the PT and the Ideal Plantsim).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2008 March 05, 15:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or does it help to use the debugger to upgrade the pre-FT sim?

I do not have any pre-FT sims at platinum still in their childbearing age, so hopefully I'll avoid this one.

Tribulatio proxima est
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2008 March 05, 15:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- both sims are in new careers.  (So there are no townies in those careers, as townies only get base game careers unless you make your own and put them in new careers before you townify them)
- both sims got a hobby-based chance card at work.

Unfortunately, neither of these are true for me (but I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this). Mine was a journalism career, which had already been used extensively in my other hoods. I am, however, playing in the Desiderata hood, which had not yet been used. And I haven't received a single hobby card yet.

The weirdest thing to me is that it was a teen NPC instead of an adult. And now he's stuck in some weird half-dead limbo.

Journalism came with Seasons and thus counts as a "new career" since Kyna said townies only get base game careers. So you have at least one thing in common.

INFP or something
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: 2008 March 05, 16:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not...but on my lots with their own cars... each time a sim leaves or comes home from work/school I get pretty much a stoppage of time or freeze for about 10-15 seconds which really annoys me

I have the exactly same problem. This happens even in the vanilla game, so it's definitely EAxian issue. It's driving me nuts!

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008 March 05, 16:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi (adult) came home from work with a teen npc (paper girl) - she is in the Athletic career.  She currently takes the coach to work if that helps anyone. (Npcs are not supposed to have jobs since they are already employed).

The hobby lots seem to have sims that aren't there, when my sim arrives there are only 4 sims on the lot (I think that includes the instructor), if I click on a career reward more sims names appear in the menus then are visibly present on the lot.  I can often hear sims getting 'in the zone' but cannot see them.

Other visitors to hobby lots don't come and go, there are a couple when you arrive, but once they leave there is nobody but your playable and the instructor - surely this cannot be right?

Some npc types no longer appear in the phonebook - is this related to the npcs coming home from work thing somehow?    This includes the mail carrier and the newspaper delivery teen.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2008 March 05, 18:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting that freeze whenever anyone comes and goes. It's VERY annoying. Especially since right now I have 3 Sims that come home from work at the same time, and it freezes before the salary pop up for each one of them separately! Grrrr!

My Sims are getting out of the pool normally.

If you can use "Macro", you have a hack. Macrotastics is one. Make sure it's the latest version- Pescado updates constantly after new expansions are released. You also might want to run Clean Installer to see what other hacks you have.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it used to be that you didn't get newspaper deliveries on (owned) vacation lots? I'm getting paper and magazine deliveries, which is kinda annoying. The mailman is always walking past, but then kind of vibrates before moving on- he doesn't actually leave any mail, just clutters up the sidewalk for awhile.The maid I hired is also the exact same one they have at home- mohawk and all.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008 March 05, 18:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you did get newspapers on owned vacation lots in Seasons, and the mailman does come by, but doesn't leave any bills.  Been a while since I sent one of my sims to their lot, so I can't remember 100% sure, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 March 05, 18:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I dug out the BV L&P guide, and it doesn't mention it one way or another, so maybe I just never noticed it before. I'm silly like that sometimes.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2008 March 05, 19:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assigning LTA perks is what's causing my Grilled Cheese Sim to fail with the aspiration rewards. Last night I sent him to the orb, which reassigned him as Grilled Cheese again and removed his perks. His aspiration meter started to decay again so I let it get down to gold, then I checked and he was able to use the energizer and smart milk successfully. This morning I figured he was fixed, so I gave him back his four grilled cheese perks and the Pleasure secondary aspiration and sent him for a jog. When he returned, I stuck him in the energizer and it failed. I removed his LTA perks with the orb and he was able to use the energizer again. I upgraded all of my Sims for FT with the lot debugger but all of the other Sims in the house can use the aspiration rewards without problems. Of course he was the one Sim I was concerned about messing up when I installed FT.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 March 05, 19:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gynarchy

Does the sim still fail with the aspiration rewards when you don't choose a secondary aspiration and assign the LTAs elsewhere?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2008 March 05, 19:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I was just testing that out. The only time he fails is when Pleasure is his secondary aspiration. I tried all the other perks and other secondary aspirations and he was fine.

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2008 March 05, 20:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that the kids can get off it.  Is the mailbox or trashcan blocking the school bus door?  If it is, the kids will teleport off the bus at 4, and the bus will then teleport off the lot.  Or you can turn move objects on and move the mailbox/trashcan a tile further down the street.

If the kids are getting off the bus ok, the next step is to check that there is no invisible object blocking the bus.  Nuke the area just in front of where the bus stops with the stuck object remover (found in the hacks directory).

Even if you don't fix it, the bus will teleport off the lot at 4pm anyway.

Only one of the kids was stuck on the bus, and yeah the trashcan was in the way. The bus teleported away at four, so problem solved - at least for now at any rate.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: