More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 16:03:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336823 times)
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #175 on: 2008 March 01, 20:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops one thing someone else had said, the stuck plates. I noticed this too and just figured it was because of old food when installing the new ep... just used the stuck object removed and viola!

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 March 01, 20:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tested the Headmaster scinario? I've just installed Sims, all EPs, holiday pack, and celebration stuff, put in a no-CD crack for FT to avoid securerom, and dumped in the FT director's cut and the BUY TP recolors as well as the baby controller recolors from the peasantry, and my headmaster scinario seems borked. My first attempt resulted in the headmaster freezing up on the porch - making him selectable indicated that he thought he was talking to the wife, who was off cooking him a dinner. He didn't respond to anything, not even ending the tour my sim was certain he was on, so I forced error, deleted, and nuked the scenario controller. I've just done it again, managed to get a tour going but when I called him for dinner he stood still in the upstairs room and won't move. It's now 3AM in game, he's not moving, the scenario popup is on screen at 0:00 with 31 total score and the thing won't end. Making him selectable shows he thinks he's chatting with the husband - so apparently talk -> chat is borken for headmasters?

INFP or something
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 March 01, 20:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done the headmaster's scenario and it worked fine.  I pick and choose which hacks I add, though, not just the whole DC.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 March 01, 21:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a silly question but here goes:  I am installing FT and want to update my awesome hacks. I don't have BV installed, just the EP's up to Seasons. Can I use the Seasons DC ?

ETA: I don't see a FT DC. :/  Am I somehow not looking in the right area?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8.0.html
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 21:58:00 by purplehaze » Logged

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 March 01, 21:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, use the FT DC if you're installing FT.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 March 01, 22:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

moreawesomethanyou-ft:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/index.php?dir=ft%2F
hawnsimmer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 March 01, 23:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims no longer autonomously cook for themselves, even with a full fridge and cooking skills. They will either stuff their face, eat a snack or starve to death! Before FT this was not a problem..I removed all mods/hacks and it still persists. Anyone else?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 March 01, 23:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Custom fridge?

Good new, especially for me though I'm not sure I'll be supervising any abductions soon. Multiple Pollination Techs works with FT. I'm not sure about the telescopes (I suspect they'll cause jumping) but at least I can keep the alien quotient up as needed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 March 01, 23:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone probs with Sims reading the Newspaper. I get Attribute number out of range Errors all the time. Two errorlogs attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 March 02, 00:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DJ at the Music and Dance Secret Lot keeps erroring out when my sim tries to enter a dance contest. Resetting causes the DJ and the mix station to become unselectable.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 March 02, 01:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have any input on the safety of using simpe? ...Probably not huh?
Custom still disabled. This is an object that has worked a dozen times before and around 4 or five times, in this play session, before the problem popped up.

Gah, I've been using the Aspir family to test. I knocked up the mother, she had twins. Things went fine while they were babies, they aged into toddlers. The boy was normal, he had a hobby highlighted, he was getting hobby skills. The girl had no hobby highlighted, she was not gaining hobby skills normally, I put her on the toddler table to see if maybe it was just my imagination, it was not, she was still not gaining hobby points like her brother, no errors, she just wasn't gaining, in the meantime her family was ignoring her and obsessing over the brother only. That was an oddity in itself, if there is a toddler not being held, OMFG! Must have! Indeed, I try to have her brother join her on the table, he can not, as he must have the area that I had against the wall. I have him move out of the way and try to cancel the girl out of the table. She then starts getting the hobby points ...all at once. I get a full bar, it does this little disappearing slight flip and comes back up again full, then repeats two more times. This entire time it is not registering on her hobby bar but she's getting pop ups about gaining tinkering. After that It's at about 25% full, she still will not get away from the table and continues what she's doing. Fine, I moveobjects on and delete her. I leave lot and go back in. She's now floating next to the mailbox and she is now an untouchable baby in a toddler body.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 March 02, 02:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My male Aspir sim is getting too hot from jogging. No combustion yet though. I do have current ffs hacks.

Hey morriganrant, I totally feel for you, but I have to share that I had a chuckle when I read your post. Half way through, I was struck by the thought that if someone didn't know anything about sims or what we were talking about, it reads like a really bad acid trip. As soon as I thought that, your post just got funnier and funnier.

I chose the Aspir family too, good-size lot and good age range to test new stuff on. The same, even down to the twins. Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 March 02, 02:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the problem of badging taking ridiculous amounts of time to acquire as well.

Also having the adhd/fun issue that I saw mentioned. 

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not...but on my lots with their own cars... each time a sim leaves or comes home from work/school I get pretty much a stoppage of time or freeze for about 10-15 seconds which really annoys me
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 March 02, 02:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey morriganrant, I totally feel for you, but I have to share that I had a chuckle when I read your post. Half way through, I was struck by the thought that if someone didn't know anything about sims or what we were talking about, it reads like a really bad acid trip. As soon as I thought that, your post just got funnier and funnier.

It was even more amusing once I got granny to pick up the child. When the error on that popped up, I pressed cancel twice, and then the baby\toddler floated up the old womans body and attached herself, to her grandmother, just below the boobs. Womans hands are down by her side as if nothing was out of place. I was trying to see if I could trigger an age change with the cake, alas, no, they get to the cake and the candles go out, but no change. Then another error.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 02, 02:49:10 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 March 02, 03:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if it's been said but every time i go into the game the stupid clock is set to 24 hour time so its in that annoying army standard.  I'm guessing this can't be fixed though because it's broken in the actual game program, figured it was worth mentioning though.

Oh and sewing i made a brand new sim that has 0 skill points took her nearly a 5 days or so to get a bronze badge when she was sewing like 8 hours a day.  Slow badges is fine but 5 days for BRONZE?  That's sheer insanity.  What am i supposed to do with 60+ pot holders?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 March 02, 03:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if it's been said but every time i go into the game the stupid clock is set to 24 hour time so its in that annoying army standard.  I'm guessing this can't be fixed though because it's broken in the actual game program, figured it was worth mentioning though.

Regedit. You have to change the language settings. You probably have UKenglish. Unless I am mistaken, there is a thing in the directory to do this for you. Or you can do a search as there are a few threads with the instructions on how to do it manually.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 March 02, 03:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu posted the regedit instructions here.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 March 02, 03:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not one of my sims has gained a point of enthusiasm. The kid spent the whole of his life playing the violin, now he's an adult with no enthusiasm points. Is this normal or should I be having a WTF moment?
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 March 02, 03:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My natural science career is borked.  When my sim was promoted to ecological guru I got an error and a "bonus" of -32,000
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 March 02, 03:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My natural science career is borked.  When my sim was promoted to ecological guru I got an error and a "bonus" of -32,000
This has already been covered in this thread, it is not just that career but others as well. Remove any hacks you may have and try again. Especially, if they happen to be inteen or insim. You should not have inteen in any way, shape, or form in your game at this moment. Just saying...

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008 March 02, 04:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet and yes I am very aware of the fact that one should not have un-updated mods in the new EP.  I delete my hacks folder upon every new EP and redownload them as they are updated or approved for the EP.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 March 02, 05:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DJ at the Music and Dance Secret Lot keeps erroring out when my sim tries to enter a dance contest. Resetting causes the DJ and the mix station to become unselectable.

I have the same error. Have you seen an Sim who enters the lot while the error popped up.
It looks like the contests need more sims as the lot has when loading. And we get not more after time.
So the Game has to call one but the DJ boot makes him go to the contest before he enters the lot. I had townies appear by the door of the house not by the portal of the lot.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 March 02, 05:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm back playing in Prospect Beach with an adult male alien who discovered his one true hobby to be fitness. He got the membership card and went to visit the lot. Very anticlimactic.

There's nothing there.

Oh, and I'm getting a quick increase in heat on jogging and the bike, but it's not at the top level. Current season is Summer. He's also wearing out incredibly quickly from any physical activity. He gets up in the morning with near-max motives and goes for a jog. When he gets back, he's at half energy. Yeah, he's full-on active, but still...

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2008 March 02, 06:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also hearing of issues with the energiser reward, where it always fails for teens regardless of aspiration.

KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 March 02, 06:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm back playing in Prospect Beach with an adult male alien who discovered his one true hobby to be fitness. He got the membership card and went to visit the lot. Very anticlimactic.

There's nothing there.

Grin Cheesy

Anyway, the game competition is glitched. I went to the secret lots and it seemed that sims don't want to join it and there is no way to get them to do so. Some sims did sit down at the computers but they stopped after about 5 seconds.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: