More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:35:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336733 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #100 on: 2008 February 29, 09:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an elder on one of my lots who refuses to die of old age.  I am playing with only the MATY hacks updated for FT, plus ACR.  I tried spawning the tombstone of L&D and selecting Die from Old Age, but the action just drops out of queue.  Seems to me this is a VERY old bug, something I recall seeing way back in the days after the base game first came out.  Frustrating, though.  I want her DEAD! Smiley

On the plus side - I like the craft objects so far, the pottery wheel especially.  Thrilled to see new baby furniture, especially if it's usable by the baby controller. 

Going back in now to test again (forgot to put BUY back in when I played the last time and the lack of it is driving me nuts!)

Karen
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 February 29, 12:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug? Annoyance?

Tina was stacking potty-training the twins when Nawwaf, the live-in, was shooting hoops. In between flushing some piss and picking up the next spawn to potty-train, she dropped queue (yeah, nothing new) and decided to join Nawwaf. I immediately caught it and cancelled the action, but it wouldn't cancel until she'd walked out of the house, around the add-on, and back to the backyard. Meanwhile, I nearly had a stinky diaper situation.

Had this happen with shooting hoops too. Cancelled out a sims action to go shoot hoops and he still walked all the way to the court before the action went away.

A proud thread pirate.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2008 February 29, 12:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure/Knowledge sim keeps crying and worrying about not having a family. She's getting the thought bubble with the family sim aspiration image in it, though she's getting Pleasure and Knowledge wants.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 February 29, 12:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the Llama Jenga game out and invited sims over.  All of the guests ran for the game, then sat there ALL day and NIGHT playing.  I couldn't do anything to get them to get off the game.  So I finally made them selectable to get them off.

I hate how they get obsessed with things like this and the instruments.  Drives me nuts.  Calling them to dinner didn't work either and that usually works pretty good.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 February 29, 13:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure/Knowledge sim keeps crying and worrying about not having a family. She's getting the thought bubble with the family sim aspiration image in it, though she's getting Pleasure and Knowledge wants.

My Knowledge/Popularity sim started getting thought bubbles with romance icon and crying about rejected make outs Roll Eyes
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 February 29, 13:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And is it just me or sims suddenly started looking through the window much more often Roll Eyes?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 February 29, 14:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And is it just me or sims suddenly started looking through the window much more often Roll Eyes?

I noticed that too.

I also noticed that the violin's sound is really quiet and they won't play for very long even if it is their natural hobby.
dropsofviolet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 February 29, 14:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a "Write Term Paper" option on any of my Uni computers.  All I'm using is the MATY-FT Director's Cut.  Anyone else having issues with that?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 February 29, 15:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all the hobby droppage: JM has been suggesting trying Macro > Concentrate for now. He is working on No ADHD for hobby activities. Also, I think the problem with the sewing machine is that they're only getting badges when they start a project and finish it. They're not getting random badge points during the creation process like the OFB stations.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 February 29, 15:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi, i dont now if someone say it before ( i see all post an i dont see any reference) the jump bug with the hot chocolate for child is back ( i think with juice well ), i dont tryed the fix for bv because the hackdiff say may be need update.

Just a heads up - if stuff Pescado fixed is mysteriously "back" when you take out your hacks pending update... that's normal gameplay behavior. EAxis never fixed this stuff - why would you assume that without Pescado's hack, it would be fixed?

INFP or something
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 February 29, 15:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a heads up - if stuff Pescado fixed is mysteriously "back" when you take out your hacks pending update... that's normal gameplay behavior. EAxis never fixed this stuff - why would you assume that without Pescado's hack, it would be fixed?
[/quote]

yes, i now but i only hope Pescado update this fix too, use a lot the chocolate for my childs and for now is useless

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 February 29, 16:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another bork: For some reason my sims keep popping out of their chair when using a computer (any kind, sending/checking the computer). Sometimes they'll be doing a certain action (also, any kind, from talking to cleaning the bathroom) and they jump out of said action. I don't have any hacks or CC (only updated MATY stuff). I'm using the no-cd crack. Also, last night I spent my time building a beautiful house for a new family and when I went to save it, the application crashed on me. I wasn't happy at all and now I'll have to rebuild for them again. I looked and saw people referencing the jump bug, but I didn't see one for this stuff. Sorry if I missed it.

Vanilla game myself. I resurrected gramps wife. He knows that's his wife, She knows that that is her hubby. Her son is her son and her grandchild is her grandchild. She aparently does not like her daughter in-law as she does not acknowledge her in the least. Is it unusual for In-laws to not be seen as family? It's been so long since I paid attention. I could have sworn that they were family once they were married in.

Edit: I just bathed the toddler in that same family and she lost her hair in the bath. She went from having that little bowl cut with bangs to having the sparse "baby head" hair, when clothed she got her hair back.

I've had both those things happen as well, I just figured that it was another borked issue.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 16:58:43 by claudiasharon » Logged

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 February 29, 17:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took the plunge.

Before installing I backed up (I know, a first for me) and I removed all the known problem hacks (3 from TwoJeffs list of not compatible with FT)

Left the rest in...because I wasn't having townies and strays respawn.

I haven't had too much ADHD - a bit...and some items seem worse than others...mostly items where something is 'hobby' oriented.

Is the queue droppage universal for those that have it or is it specific item related?

I am having queue droppage with the train set table.  My simmie managed to get everything installed but the water and keeps dropping the water from the queue so he has a little dry lake bed on his table...

Even when his fun is at 50% he won't keep the task in the queue and complete the table.

So far that's the worst thing I've found...

Oh yeah - and created new UNI students and moved them into my existing dorms.  Unlike previous newly created Uni students, I cannot use Merola's multi-painting to give them at least one skill bar each item (so they don't burn the house down and all) which would then raise their first semester bar to the full level.  Now must have them actively participating in the skilling necessary to get a full grade bar and then use Merola's painting to add that skill bar only.  Once the grade bar was full size, then I could add the rest.

So there's something odd there, but can live with it.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 February 29, 17:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another bork: For some reason my sims keep popping out of their chair when using a computer (any kind, sending/checking the computer). Sometimes they'll be doing a certain action (also, any kind, from talking to cleaning the bathroom) and they jump out of said action. I don't have any hacks or CC (only updated MATY stuff). I'm using the no-cd crack. Also, last night I spent my time building a beautiful house for a new family and when I went to save it, the application crashed on me. I wasn't happy at all and now I'll have to rebuild for them again. I looked and saw people referencing the jump bug, but I didn't see one for this stuff. Sorry if I missed it.

I have the same problem. They'll be doing something, then they'll jump out of it, their plumbbob disappears for a second and reappears. It happens a lot, but not all the time. I don't have any hacks at the moment (they're sitting in a folder on my desktop) the only difference for me is I'm not using a no-cd crack. I haven't had any crashes yet, though, but I've seen several people who have reported crashes.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 February 29, 18:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before installing I backed up (I know, a first for me) and I removed all the known problem hacks (3 from TwoJeffs list of not compatible with FT)

I feel that I should mention, because TJs hacks were mentioned before as not on the non-compatible list. That is just a list of things that were reported to him. You should not assume that anything else is compatible, it could be that no-one has told him about a problem yet.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 February 29, 18:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've pulled all the cc except for JM's hacks.  Right now I'm only playing in the new neighborhood.  My game is throwing empty animation strings all over the place.  At first it was just for NPC's but now playable sims are doing it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 February 29, 19:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all the hobby droppage: JM has been suggesting trying Macro > Concentrate for now. He is working on No ADHD for hobby activities. Also, I think the problem with the sewing machine is that they're only getting badges when they start a project and finish it. They're not getting random badge points during the creation process like the OFB stations.
I don't see any change in how the machines are handled. Macro-Skillination will support those in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2008 February 29, 19:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't you Australian floopyboo? I wonder if the word "pot holder" is a regional thing then, because I (also Australian) use 'pot holders'. They're different to oven mitts. Oven mitts being the glove you use to take hot things out of the oven, and a pot holder is just a little padded square you just fold over the edge of the hot thing to grab it (the pot holders in game looked like the padded squares to me, anyway).

Where I am, a pot holder is like a decorative glazed pot you put your houseplants in to disguise the plain flowerpot.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 February 29, 20:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found a bork that... well, it's damn sure borken to me!
The Aspir house has a Genie. It is rather boring. However, I used it to bring the granddad's wife back from the dead.
ALL SHE HAS are Mystery Sim memories! FT Director's Cut was in, so I don't even know if they're still married or whatever normally. I'll have to check later, as I'm just on my lunch break.
Damn. The stupid story even pointed you to the lamp and appeared to suggest resurrection for her, but noooo. Broken ahoy.
Heh, that was the first house I played. When I resurrected her, she still showed her family relations (kid, grandkid) but she acted like she didn't even know her husband (not married or anything). So I had to start from scratch with their relationship.
Vanilla game myself. I resurrected gramps wife. He knows that's his wife, She knows that that is her hubby. Her son is her son and her grandchild is her grandchild. She aparently does not like her daughter in-law as she does not acknowledge her in the least. Is it unusual for In-laws to not be seen as family? It's been so long since I paid attention. I could have sworn that they were family once they were married in.

I just used the genie to resurrect the old lady, too, and she came back as a zombie!  WTF?

Did I do something wrong, or is this one of those random backfires?

Oh, and she does recognize her husband, son, and granddaughter as family in my game.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 February 29, 20:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just used the genie to resurrect the old lady, too, and she came back as a zombie!  WTF?
Did I do something wrong, or is this one of those random backfires?

It's a random backfire. That's normal.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
midge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 February 29, 20:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansions and stuff packs, the only hack I have installed is crammyboys penis, my problem is this, I built a new beach home using the speciality lots, of which ive done before, I like to have a pool as well as the sea, anyways 2 of my sims dove into the pool swam around and i wanted to send the to have something to eat, they went towards the ladder to get out, next they jumped to the top of the water with waves around them and got stuck for a second putting their hands up as though there was something in the way, I have never had this problem before freetime, am i the only one and if so whats causing it, I have the game fully patched to and no other hacks except those ive mentioned,

hugs

midge
quasim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 February 29, 22:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm back with some more funny stuff...

Wink
Send a male sim to the Arts&Crafts secret lot and try to make him take a shower... -> Seems they built the washrooms with brains in OFF mode.

I'm playing with nearly all my old hacks, even Christianlovs NPCs and except of some ADHD everything seems to work fine.

ALL abduction related hacks stopped working and some caused jumping bugs when trying to use the telescope. The Boolprop cheat doesn't work either Sad
Neither does the "Summon Aliens" work.

I got one weird thing though, Sims step out of the shower and get stuck (no interactions at all). Using Moniques Computer (or any other clothing hack) getting them clothed will fix them.

Please post links where FT incompatible hacks are listed.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 February 29, 23:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. Mole (Popularity/Fortune) got a negative marriage memory, text and all, when he married a townie.

I dunno if this counts as a "bug", but it's certainly annoying. I changed the neighbourhood's seasons to spring-summer-fall-winter. However, in the "Hobbies" hidden neighbourhood, it was still summer-fall-winter-spring, as is default. Is there a way to get to this neighbourhood and edit its seasons (or even build your own "hobby clubs"), or are you just stuck with this annoyance?
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 February 29, 23:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I noticed that my sims are initiating a lot more actions as well..I found that odd.  I have yet to decide or not if it annoys me.

I have a few sims that are into a nature that are rather fond of harassing skunks.  I've never before seen a sim interact with a skunk on their own freewill. 
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 February 29, 23:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested out my pregnant woman, whining about not wanting be browse the web for her craft more, and it does have something to do with her fun motive. If her fun is maxed, she refuses, she will continue to browse if her fun becomes maxed while on the computer. If her motives are a little under max and her fun not low enough she will complain of being in a bad mood.

Played more with the wolves, I made one selectable, still not acting like normal dogs. I can give them treats, take them for walks, no play, and I can't seem to scold or praise either. I'm going to try to encourage another wolf on the lot and add it to the family normally to see if that is part of the problem this time.

Custom content will not stay enabled, although I have not seen anyone else with this problem so I'm assuming it's just me. I have enabled it, the game closes, the next time it runs is still disabled and the "disabled" box is clicked next to custom content, which I did not do. ...I may blame this on the game crashing last time though. I don't believe the crashing to be related to the game, at least not in a direct sense.

I have a few sims that are into a nature that are rather fond of harassing skunks.  I've never before seen a sim interact with a skunk on their own freewill. 
If that happens, I may consider it a feature. I've known many people to be on the wrong end of a irritated animal that they tried to make "friends" with, I fall into this category, I have the scars to prove it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: