More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:48:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337012 times)
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #25 on: 2008 February 27, 18:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. Normally when you have CC in lots and have CC disabled they just flash blue. Very strange....

That was what I experienced - until now.

Now that I've disabled cc one time, the neighborhood doesn't want to load anymore... even if I enable cc again
maybe it just takes longer to load but I don't know why it should do so
It seems to me as if it hangs somewhere in the loading process - I just see "Loading Neighborhood XXX" - for half an hour.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 27, 18:35:50 by spammer » Logged
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 February 27, 19:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found a bork that... well, it's damn sure borken to me!

The Aspir house has a Genie. It is rather boring. However, I used it to bring the granddad's wife back from the dead.

ALL SHE HAS are Mystery Sim memories! FT Director's Cut was in, so I don't even know if they're still married or whatever normally. I'll have to check later, as I'm just on my lunch break.

Damn. The stupid story even pointed you to the lamp and appeared to suggest resurrection for her, but noooo. Broken ahoy.
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 February 27, 21:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I deactivate them my neighborhood doesn't load - i'll try out which hack(s) it could be

i've got the bad one(s)!
It's something from "DMA Sims" - once activated if I deactivate it again the neighborhood won't load
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 February 27, 22:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you playing with Hacks that haven't been updated yet? Those don't count as Borked EA stuff.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 February 27, 22:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just loaded up a house with an ancient sim, who has more than 30 best friends. After a day had gone by, they became BFF. Except her memory panel shows 30 times the same memory : Made First BFF

Once is ok, but 30? Needs stombination.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 February 27, 22:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again this may be a feature or I haven't found how to turn it off yet but after using the drafting table/drawing board, any in game pictures that are taken appear to have been drawn.

purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 February 28, 00:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again this may be a feature or I haven't found how to turn it off yet but after using the drafting table/drawing board, any in game pictures that are taken appear to have been drawn.

(image snipped)

I saw this posted about on another forum. Exiting and re-entering the game will clear it. To me, it appears as if the drafting table/board enables postprocessing, but when you stop using the item, it doesn't turn postprocessing off again. I'd try entering "boolprop postprocessingenabled false" to see if that clears it without having to exit the game (I don't have Free Time yet or I'd try it myself).

MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 February 28, 00:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have FT yet, but is the queue dropping bork another 'feature'?  I recall the EAxis propoganda mags for one of the hobbies recommending a hobby room, where your sim could skill without being interrupted by others.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 February 28, 01:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Two error logs for the lovely "animation is empty string" error. Thought I was done with those when I loosened my pants. Looks like it's the distress animation that's missing or borkified. That's my uneducated guess. First is with a couple hacks in. Second was vanilla.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 February 28, 01:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they're not fucking around this time.

Bug Submission form for Free Time

Edit:

How they want you to report a bug
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 02:38:25 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 February 28, 01:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Television Television from TSS is missing the Tinker interaction. However, confusingly, it HAS the watch movies interaction.

Also, I just saw a Sim with the green burglary icon. He was a popularity Sim, if that helps track this down any.

Hopped ingame after sillily forgetting his name. Mole. From the new neighborhood.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 02:05:03 by MidnightVoyager » Logged
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 February 28, 01:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have FT either, but according to another site that I'm part of, the spontaneous combustion bug from Seasons is back as well. It effects children, teens and adults.

Even though sims are only pixel people, it's rather disturbing to see a toddler sim being burned to death... Angry
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 February 28, 02:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have FT either, but according to another site that I'm part of, the spontaneous combustion bug from Seasons is back as well. It effects children, teens and adults.

Even though sims are only pixel people, it's rather disturbing to see a toddler sim being burned to death... Angry

Does JM's warmthfixes mod do anything about this? I've been playing with it in (a redownloaded one, not the older one) and haven't had this happen to me. However, I've not played FT very much yet, and I've only played the Desiderata neighborhood since I'm cautious of somehow borking my "real" families. Wink

I sing along with elevator music.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 February 28, 02:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHHAHAHA, Seriously? What forum is this, I suspect something is up, toddlers aren't supposed to die at all, regardless. I've only seen where someone "proved" that toddlers can die, once, the entire time I've been in the sims community. It was still questionable proof at that.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zilla
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 February 28, 02:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that EA/Maxis screws up everything that it touches, I don't put anything past them at this point...
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 February 28, 02:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Has anyone run into a problem getting paid for work after receiving a big bonus from a chance card? Amidst all the general slam-your-head-into-a-deskness of the BBS, I saw a couple of people saying their Sims at the top of the Science career are coming home with -§27000 instead of §2733 after they chose the correct chance card.

It seems like all my employed sims are having this happen, even those not at top of career ladder. I guess I could remove my hack dir and test it, despite the fact that I am extraordinarily lazy.
MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 February 28, 03:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it just the puppykiller or kittenkiller that did this?  Fess up, which do you have installed (but not updated)?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 February 28, 04:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The queue droppage is unbelievable. I had a hell of a time playing a business lot, what with Business...be Salesperson dropping and the animation string errors.

Another possible issue: I had a college sim who had a maxed out grade meter before installing Freetime. Visited him and he's showing like he has two missing skill points - 1/3 of a bar, basically. But, when he went to his final, he got an A+. He comes back from his final, and the grade bar looks exactly the same as the beginning. 1/3 full, with no class work done, and only one skill point needed. Haven't yet tried with a fresh sim.

I do have hacks back in. Just FT DC, plus some that TwoJeffs didn't mark as needing updates.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 February 28, 04:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Queue droppage, animation errors, borken items.
Now I feel that I shouldn't ARRquire the EP (I can't anyway as it's too big for me and my internet provider would scream at me if I go over the download limit)
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 04:53:13 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 February 28, 05:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Aspir house has a Genie. It is rather boring. However, I used it to bring the granddad's wife back from the dead.

ALL SHE HAS are Mystery Sim memories! FT Director's Cut was in, so I don't even know if they're still married or whatever normally. I'll have to check later, as I'm just on my lunch break.

Damn. The stupid story even pointed you to the lamp and appeared to suggest resurrection for her, but noooo. Broken ahoy.

Heh, that was the first house I played. When I resurrected her, she still showed her family relations (kid, grandkid) but she acted like she didn't even know her husband (not married or anything). So I had to start from scratch with their relationship.

I have no CC or hacks in my game since they're not updated yet. I just wanted to make sure my game didn't explode or anything.

Instead, the Elder male in the Aspir house (Luis?) was going around burning raked leaves, as my sims like to play with fire. Later he was in the bathroom fixing the sink, cleaning the shower and he started burning. Everybody else was asleep. Then he died and the adult female didn't make it in time to plead to the grim reaper. Later when I was watching where the kids put their homework (I let them have another one) I found the genie lamp. Then he was resurrected.

So I don't know if them both being resurrected affected their relationship or if it was supposed to happen. But I'm pretty sure him catching on fire wasn't supposed to happen. His temperature was in the green, so it's not like he over heated. *shrugs* As I play, I keep wishing I had a hack for this and a hack for that, I forgot how much I needed them.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 February 28, 05:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some CC installed (all but a couple of twojeffs hacks were awesome), and I wasn't getting bronze/silver/gold talent badges from the sewing machine and pottery wheel.  I removed the CC from my directory and voila, bronze sewing badge.  Any idea which specific hack could be causing this?  Because I can't bear to live without all my hacks and would like to put all but the offending file back.  Smiley
EDIT: It's one of twojeffs's hacks.  That bastard.

* hacklist.txt (0.6 KB - downloaded 352 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 05:59:45 by raptureswild » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 February 28, 05:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that was the first house I played. When I resurrected her, she still showed her family relations (kid, grandkid) but she acted like she didn't even know her husband (not married or anything). So I had to start from scratch with their relationship.
Vanilla game myself. I resurrected gramps wife. He knows that's his wife, She knows that that is her hubby. Her son is her son and her grandchild is her grandchild. She aparently does not like her daughter in-law as she does not acknowledge her in the least. Is it unusual for In-laws to not be seen as family? It's been so long since I paid attention. I could have sworn that they were family once they were married in.

Edit: I just bathed the toddler in that same family and she lost her hair in the bath. She went from having that little bowl cut with bangs to having the sparse "baby head" hair, when clothed she got her hair back.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 07:45:29 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 February 28, 08:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, don't know if this is all sims or just this one, 'cause I've only played the one house hold so far:

The grandfather of the Aspir family is supposedly perma plat, tried using aspiration reward objects on him: thinking cap, energizer, re-nu orb, all shorted out and droped his needs into the red as if he was only green aspiration or below. So, game may not be reading sims as being perma plat.
This is in a vanilla game, no cc or hacks/mods.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 09:04:23 by kattenijin » Logged
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 February 28, 08:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(image snipped)

I saw this posted about on another forum. Exiting and re-entering the game will clear it. To me, it appears as if the drafting table/board enables postprocessing, but when you stop using the item, it doesn't turn postprocessing off again. I'd try entering "boolprop postprocessingenabled false" to see if that clears it without having to exit the game (I don't have Free Time yet or I'd try it myself).

Thanks, I'll give that a go after work Smiley
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 February 28, 09:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny because the other day, when a few people got the game (like in Australia) everyone was saying how great the game was and how they hadn't found any hacks. I only played for a few hours and I found plenty of bugs.

The first thing I found is when you tell a sim to "make many" of something on the sewing machine or pottery wheel, about 95% of the time, they'll only make one. The other problem I noticed with the sewing machine is after the sim was done sewing something, they'd jump out of the seat and if I tried to have them sew something else, they'd complain and have a chair in their thought bubble, so I guess they couldn't sit in it? If I sold the chair and bought a new one, it would fix it, but it's rather annoying. I also noticed the new badges take ridiculously long to earn. Like I had one sim work in the garden while another one was sewing, and the gardening sim got his silver badge before the one sewing even got a bronze badge. And I had another sim on the potting wheel for 3 sim days straight with no badge. (I used MaxMotives)

I've had tons of queue dropping and every time it happens, my sim will jump and their plumbbob will disappear for a second. It's really annoying since I have to tell them to do things one thing at a time, and lots of times I have to tell them to do things like 5 times before they'll do it for longer than a second.

I've also seen lots of graphical glitches. Like in fall, there will be floating leaves like the ones that normally fall, only they just stay in the same spot in mid-air. Another one I got was when my sim with the nature hobby was bug collecting, tons of bees surrounded him. I guess it's supposed to happen. They stayed for like 10 minutes (real time) but the problem is, they didn't fully disappear. There were these almost invisible but not fully. They followed him everywhere and even stayed while he was in the shower. I took pics of the ghost-like bees:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6006/bees01jj7.jpg
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3606/bees02wi9.jpg

I'm also getting the bug where when a sim comes home from work, they lose around $30,000, instead of getting paid the amount they're supposed to.

Besides those, there were just some annoyances like the phone ringing almost constantly (day & night) with random people calling my sims and people at the door all hours as well. There are tons of pop-ups saying that their enthusiasm was going up or down (they appear a lot, like every 5-10 minutes).

I removed all my hacks, so they're not the problem. There are also some previous bugs returning like the bedside problem that happened in BV, but was fixed in the second patch, well, it's now broken again. Both sims will still try to sleep or relax on the left side, even if you tell them to go to the right side. The Primp interaction is still gone. There's probably more, but it's like 3AM and I'm tired. I'll play more tomorrow and report if I find anything else that's screwed up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: