More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:58:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337203 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #550 on: 2008 March 22, 20:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this with both sims, and neither left a tombstone. I followed your steps to the letter, so I'm not sure what went wrong. Guess I'll go back to the Bone Phone for now.

Do you have lnounlinkondelete? I think everyone here just assumes that you have most of the directors cut. Or else have forgotten what things have been fixed.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2008 March 22, 21:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are doing this really strange thing when their hunger is low.  One sim in particular would relax on a bed for a second, jump up and think that he is hungry, go view some art around the room, and then hop back on the bed-just to do it all again.  I put it on the fastest speed and he did it over and over again for hours.  Meanwhile his hunger dropped into the red so I instructed him to eat.  His pregnant wife seems to be able to take care of herself on her own, but not him.  I have had this happen on other lots too.  Anyone else?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2008 March 22, 21:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit a possible FT bork last night -- womrat cages.  The first lot I played with an existing cage, the womrat was frozen in place, and the maid got stuck in a loop trying to clean it.  No one could interact with the cage at all, even after forcing an error on it.  Had to delete the cage completely.

I had this happen before FT once and ended up having to delete it as well. I would love to get rid of the damn thing permanently but every time I do every Sim in the house gets the "Buy a Womrat Cage" want again.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2008 March 23, 02:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this with both sims, and neither left a tombstone. I followed your steps to the letter, so I'm not sure what went wrong. Guess I'll go back to the Bone Phone for now.

Do you have lnounlinkondelete? I think everyone here just assumes that you have most of the directors cut. Or else have forgotten what things have been fixed.

Yep, got the director's cut and nounlinkondelete. I don't know what went wrong, but I just ended up resurrecting them with the Bone Phone. Maybe it was the way their tombstones disappeared- when I moved house, it had been so long since I'd moved with graves that I stuck the graves in my sim's inventory. When they got to the new house, new "dummy" graves were in the inventory, and the real graves were sitting on the curb. Unfortunately, I am dumb and deleted the real graves, and didn't notice until after I'd saved.
letitia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2008 March 23, 09:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there any kind people who will make a no hobby obsession or something like that please  Lips sealed it's the same thing every time your sim woke up, they only have wants to fulfill blog, play marco polo or play computer it's kinda annoying...can't they find anything else Sad and all of my sim keeps wanting to use the computer every time, even all the visitors who come...any no autonomous computer hack or something? i searched but could not find it...

they won't go to work or school either if they're already doing something else...

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2008 March 23, 10:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't found anything to suppress those petty wants yet, but TJ made a computer related hack that stomps the computer madness. It can be found at the kitten killer site (Computer Fixes in the Testing Grounds section). You must register to access it, as it's still beta. The only other possibility to keep visitors from using your computer is to lock it in an APO secured room.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

letitia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2008 March 23, 11:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you, it's not only the visitors, but all my household member autonomously goes to the computer if no one is using it, i already tried putting it in locked room, but every time i want one of my sim to use it in that locked room, i have to unlock it first...kinda troubling... o_0  thank God now there's a no-autonomy feature Smiley
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2008 March 23, 15:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've never tried this before and have no idea whether it will work.  But if I understood the info I found correctly, this should make the toddler table a little less attractive.  Anyone want to try it out and tell me whether it helps?

Much better. There is still stompage when queuing in actions like potty training, but overall a significant improvement, without any errors generated. Good job!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: 2008 March 23, 18:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've never tried this before and have no idea whether it will work.  But if I understood the info I found correctly, this should make the toddler table a little less attractive.  Anyone want to try it out and tell me whether it helps?

Much better. There is still stompage when queuing in actions like potty training, but overall a significant improvement, without any errors generated. Good job!

Oh good, I'm glad it works.  Will the toddlers still use the table autonomously?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2008 March 24, 06:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My train set caught fire.  Shocked

A child was playing with it, and had just started playing when it caught alight. Soon the whole thing was burning and she was, too. I got the fireman in, who put the fires out. The child did not die but her bladder and hygiene were in the red and she had heatstroke. She fainted from heat, peed on the floor and then passed out from tiredness. Fortunately I got her to eat on time so no social worker came.

Sprinklers and fire alarm are now duly installed in the games room.  Tongue

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2008 March 24, 13:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My train set caught fire.  Shocked

Alas, that's not a bork -- there is a small random chance the train set could go up in flames.  Someone at EAxis watched too much Adams Family when they were kids. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2008 March 25, 05:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this has been mentioned yet  Huh

I can't use the reward bookcase to read a book in different genres or study parenting. I could understand the former as it is not strictly studying but thought it would have been updated for the latter. Has anyone else noticed this?
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2008 March 25, 08:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found a glitch wich can be FT related.
I was building a house with a pool.
When I moved the fountain from OFB somewhere else.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/X-filesJagVoy/The%20sims%202/snapshot_54f40a40_d4f40a41.jpg
This happens:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/X-filesJagVoy/The%20sims%202/snapshot_54f40a40_d4f40a4e.jpg
The spot were the fountain was, is unusable. I can still place furniture, but no pool.

I exited the house without saving I went back. The spot in the link above was some how fine again. So I placed the fountain somewhere else. Then by accident I pressed the Live mode. Went back to build mode and guess what the second spot were
fountain stood is unusable.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/X-filesJagVoy/snapshot_b4f4ec86_b4f4ec88.jpg

I tried the Object Stuck remover it did not work.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: 2008 March 25, 09:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried dragging floor tiles across the area, then deleting them? Sometimes that works wonders.

Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2008 March 25, 11:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a problem with Woohooing in the tent? I don't get an option to Woohoo.

I'm not sure if it's Borkedness, or Sim Pescado and Sim Mildlydisguised's unwillingness to get it on, despite the 3 bolts and red hearts...

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2008 March 25, 13:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally finished reading all the pages in order to not sound like an idiot. My bugs, let me show you.

I have the same issue as Aggie with the broken gypsy. Every time I call her for matchmaking services, she brings a lamp. Since my sims all live in desperate poverty, this sucks.

I have sticky fire animations. Trees set aflame by lighting are technically extinguished by the rain but their fire animation stays for days. It was funny at first, but eventually I had to just delete the trees.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2008 March 25, 13:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue as Aggie with the broken gypsy. Every time I call her for matchmaking services, she brings a lamp. Since my sims all live in desperate poverty, this sucks.

TwoJeffs has posted a bug fix for the Gypsy over on inteen.  Not sure if it fixes this issue, but it does fix the 'Gypsy gets stuck after bringing lamp' issue.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2008 March 25, 15:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get a lamp to save my soul. I have three sims maxed on hobby enthusiasm, and two maxed on life time aspiration.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2008 March 25, 16:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My legacy spares, who were both about to be killed off due to old age, got a lamp. Bah.

The Aspirs also got a second lamp, but that was because of the borked gypsy when their kid wanted a date.  Tongue

More F than you
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2008 March 25, 18:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a message that one had been left, but I never could find it. 

This must be what going mad feels like.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2008 March 26, 11:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My legacy spares, who were both about to be killed off due to old age, got a lamp. Bah.

The Aspirs also got a second lamp, but that was because of the borked gypsy when their kid wanted a date.  Tongue

I would like to humbly direct you to this fine fellow's fix. TwoJeffs is definitely one of the best when it comes to making fixes.  Grin

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2008 March 26, 12:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the gypsy, I get the lamp and tons of random townies showing up at my sims' door at random times at night. Ones I've never seen before.

Also, the gypsy randomly gave a lamp to my young adults over at college. I found that to be helpful, as my sims needed an aspiration boost. Usually she just gives it to my sims at home, this was a first at college.

Note, my sims no longer jump when reading about parenting or when writing a novel. I had two hidden hacks that borked those things, so I'm glad that annoyance is over.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: 2008 March 26, 13:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two things to report:

1. Hobby Magazines Causing Jump - when my sims pick up a hobby magazine to read, they will sit down, then instantly stand up - in the middle of the chair or sofa - and then continue to read.

2. Driving Freeze - When sims leave or arrive in an ownable car (not the restorable one from FT), the game freezes for a second or two, the way it does when seasons change.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2008 March 26, 13:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the gypsy, I get the lamp and tons of random townies showing up at my sims' door at random times at night. Ones I've never seen before.

That happened with me, with a beauty wish.  It happens when the wish backfires.  Fortunately it was only temporary, and wore off after about 4 days.  I read on another forum that all the wishes (apart from peace of mind) have a chance of backfiring.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2008 March 26, 13:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get a lamp to save my soul. I have three sims maxed on hobby enthusiasm, and two maxed on life time aspiration.

Well, I'm no longer sure at all what triggers the flippin Gypsy to bring a lamp.  I never call her for any matchmaking, because she has such a horrible sense of appropriateness.  I know my elder sims were not maxed out on any hobbies yet, but the first day I played them after loading FT, the Gypsy shows up and gives the elder male sim a lamp.  He got his few bags-o-cash from his wishes.  I have not seen her since, despite having several sims maxing out on a few hobbies.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: