More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:29:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hey, you just got here?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hey, you just got here?  (Read 16478 times)
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Hey, you just got here?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 25, 23:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that painting on every one of my lots.

Smiley  So do I.  I even put them on the downtown lots.  Outings can last so much longer.  I love Merola's painting.  I know JM thinks it's evil...
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 25, 23:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I do the same thing. It is very useful, but as you say, it tends to clash with a lot of things Cheesy

edit: When I click on the poolhack.zip, I get a "page cannot be displayed." Undecided

Piddle.  I tried for you and I got the same thing.  It's such a nice hack, a "how did I live without it before" sort.  Perhaps Pescado will come along and let you know where it might be found now.  Undecided

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 26, 00:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully. Sometime in the next 6-8 weeks, anyway. Grin

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 26, 00:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  I've always wondered if the Multi-painting can be re-textured.  It's such a lovely thing to have!  I use it for all kinds of things--quickly aging teen townies, re-setting turn-ons and turn-offs without going through the whole reprogramming thing.  I usually stick it on a wall that doesn't face the way I'm playing if it clashes with the decor.  One problem is finding a wall big enough with no windows!  Shocked

I put the counter-dressers in the nurseries so I have something for the Smart Milk to sit on.  That way my sims can go in, get up the toddler, give them their Smart Milk then get dressed (providing they don't need a shower).  And those cabinets are great in the bathroom where there may not be enough room for a regular dresser.

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 26, 00:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully. Sometime in the next 6-8 weeks, anyway. Grin

Great.  Now can you please clean the Diet Coke off my monitor??

Grin

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 26, 00:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that JM's Lot debugger, as well as TJ's phonebook lot fixer thinger, fit beautifully under the foundations of my houses. I always have a ring of hacks lining the inside of my foundations.
Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to move the painting, etc, for photos. So I end up with pics like these: Can you spot the hacked objects?

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 26, 00:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, yes, it look very much like my lots.  Roll Eyes

Wow. Your sims really do have bathroom issues, dont they? Cheesy

Sorry about that windy Cool*hands over a paper towel*

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 26, 00:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and I always take pictures of it because I still think it's funny Tongue
I play huge households (I've had as many as 26 residents, before) and I often turn freewill off to take pictures. And I sometimes forget to check the bladder levels for my sims, which makes me take more pictures. 
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 26, 00:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes for some great pictures, I need to let my sims "go" more, it looks like fun Smiley

BTW, you have a message in RL from smgrl, I think. If it's still there anyway. She deletes threads as often as she posts them Lips sealed

edit: Here it is: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1119.0

I don't know what she is expecting from you?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 26, 00:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that link. Okay, hopefully the madness will stop, now.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 26, 02:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used the Multipainting, my brother downloaded it once but I made him delete it. I don't like "God mods" that make the game too easy. Maybe I'm just weird.

I do have the Mind-Control Mirror, Inge's teleporter shrub, and the lot debugger. Or and the DMA outfit and apparence changer.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 26, 04:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the painting because it's so ugly, but the dressers and visitor control mirror are in every home.

I find myself floating things in mid-air, though I've also put the mirror on a back wall (always visible) with the dma teleporter smack dab in the centre of it. I have a hard time going without call display, and that preg. test is awesome.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 26, 04:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, the pregnancy test is great. I find myself becoming obsessed with gender preferences with that thing, though. It's slower to show any increase in points than the Inseminator and Lizzlove's kite. At one point I had Justin up to 3800+ for women. But everytime I mess with simpe it gets set back to the same old 1000/-1000. And Ashley and Castor are a gay married couple. I have them do marathon flirting sessions to see how high I can get their gender preferences in the game. But dammit if simpe keeps resetting them to -1000/1000. I know it doesn't make a difference whether the score is 1000 or 3800, but it's one of those obsessive little games I find myself getting sidetracked with. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 26, 04:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I notice all the lots appear to be E-Mail Legal....is Brynne trying out, apparently unsuccessfully, the E-Mail Challenge?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 26, 04:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Believe it or not...no. It was just a little experiment I was conducting. When I'm bored I experiment. "Let's see what happens if we put all these sims on a sandlot with nothing but a dj booth, a sink and chaise lounges!" And bushes for my male sims, of course.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 26, 05:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, perhaps once you've figured it out you'll have a go at the Email Challenge.

I have 2 on the go right now, but save them for when I'm bored of regular play. I keep forgetting how hard it is.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 26, 10:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used the Multipainting, my brother downloaded it once but I made him delete it. I don't like "God mods" that make the game too easy. 

*nods*

I certainly understand that approach.  Even though I have a multipainting on every lot, I don't use it very often.  I was thinking the other day that there's not much about the Sims that's a game for me..it's all about my stories.   In order to make stories any good, I need some stress and conflict.  While I'm obsessed with all of my Sims being happy and fulfilled, my plots come from trying to make that happen through regular "game" play, not pushing buttons. 

Everybody has their own way of wanting to play.  I've pretty much stopped using the energizer aspiration reward because it's too artificial for my tastes (and butt ugly), and prefer macrotastics "caffeinate".  Most likely because it mirrors my own life.  Grin  ('scuse me, gotta go pee)

However, when I need the multi-painting, I need it.  I have a wealthy family with a business tycoon husband and a philandering, party throwing, Romance Sim wife.  I moved in an NPC as a live in servant (Inge's shrub), and use the multi-painting to keep his aspiration level up because I don't care to play him as I do a real Sim.  These are the sorts of situations, for me, that make the painting invaluable...just helps me make my stories.

I love the modding community because they've given us so many choices.  I know there are live in servants that I could download, but using a basic set of tools (the shrub, the painting, the mirror, etc.), I've found I can accomplish pretty much whatever I want without running around looking for more specific tools or hacks for isolated story lines.

The other day I caved and used the painting to fill all the needs of a large family before their newly adopted child was to show.  I wanted everybody rested because I wanted to take some pretty pictures.  Still feel guilty because that broke my own set of warped rules and I don't think I'll do it again. The stress of a tired, hungry, not so clean family welcoming their new member would have been a better story.  (for me, everybody else's mileage will vary!)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: