More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:57:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hey, you just got here?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hey, you just got here?  (Read 16477 times)
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Hey, you just got here?
« on: 2005 October 25, 21:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue started when I installed NL.  If one of my sims invites a child over to visit, the child will *always* leave autonomously at 6:00, saying "Look at the time!  I have to go!"  Drives me nuts, especially on weekdays when it's 4 or 5 pm before I can actually get the sim to come over after school.

Is anyone else having this issue?

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Hey, you just got here?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 25, 21:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen at 22:00 when a teen brought another teen home from work. Told controllable sim to go pee, and friend-from-work freaks out right away and goes home. But you knew what the time was, why did you agree to come home with the damn sim in the first place? Wtf?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 25, 21:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying, isn't it? I find myself making any sims I want to stay on the lot selectable with the testing cheats. They won't leave while selectable.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 25, 21:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea, Brynne, I'll have to try that.  Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 25, 21:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique has a hack at MTS2 that removes the curfews for all sims. They will only leave when their needs go down or if you ask them to. It works with NL too.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655
« Last Edit: 2005 October 25, 21:37:30 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 25, 21:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the sneaking suspicion they did that to make people setup outings, cuz (imo) otherwise the outings are pretty much useless, but a sim won't leave a timed event (party, outing, date) unless their needs are low - even if it's past their curfew.

Oops, look at the time! I have to go now Wink

Unsouper
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 25, 21:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My adult sim visitors will stay for days if I let them, it's just the children I have problems with. Unless they are in the pool, then they too will stay forever, but it's hard making friends while swimming. Undecided

edit: Thanks  Motoki, I'll give it a try.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 25, 21:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is a whole 'nother issue for me. Why can sims not chat in the pool?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 25, 21:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Monique's hack and it works fine on residential lots, but not on downtown lots.  The teens still all pile out at 9.30 pm, which greatly restricts dating and also spoils outings if they can't be started until they come home from their afternoon jobs.  I'd love to be able to stop that happening, I hate the way the adults hog the downtown lots every night.  At least the teens should be able to stay later at weekends and P-A-R-T-Y. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 25, 21:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, Brynne. I mean they should be able to do something while treading water or floating on their backs.

I've noticed my teen sims will stay out as late as the adults only if they came along in the outing. I haven't tried sending just teens downtown, but now i know it won't be much fun.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 25, 21:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of a pain making every teen on the lot selectable just so they won't go home, too. Too much babysitting.
I only recently discovered that a sim can float on his back in the pool. Stumbled upon it while looking in simpe. How do you do that?
Sorry, back to the original topic, now Lips sealed
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 25, 22:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only recently discovered that a sim can float on his back in the pool. Stumbled upon it while looking in simpe. How do you do that?

Click on a sim while they're swimming about. Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 25, 22:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That simple, huh? I feel dumb.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 25, 22:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, don't. Smiley

I just used the fingerprint scanner for the first time last night. I had a child sim get instructions from his father. He maxed out cleaning skill in record time. Pretty nifty. Tongue

gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 25, 22:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an older hack called liugnostaylate I am not sure if I got it at MTS2  or where for sure but I got it when Sims 2 first came out it was one of the first hacks I put in my game I still use it and have had no problems with it. I have TS2 Uni and nightlife.All of my adult sims  will stay until I tell them good bye.The children will stay untill around nine o'clock when one of their parents will come and get them. Then a popup will come on and say It is past bedtime and they and the child  are leaveing.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 25, 23:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an older hack called liugnostaylate I am not sure if I got it at MTS2  or where for sure but I got it when Sims 2 first came out it was one of the first hacks I put in my game I still use it and have had no problems with it. I have TS2 Uni and nightlife.All of my adult sims  will stay until I tell them good bye.The children will stay untill around nine o'clock when one of their parents will come and get them. Then a popup will come on and say It is past bedtime and they and the child  are leaveing.
That's a hack from livin-it-up.net. Unfortunatelly, the site disappeared a while back due to lack of funding. I think Inge has some of the stuff over at Simlogical if anyone else wants to try it out.
EDIT: Direct link to the hack.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 25, 23:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played a neighborhood with children since getting NL so that's a new one on me!  I realized right away the teen thing, though.  Where previously they could stay out way too late, now they can't stay out anywhere near late enough.

I decided phooey on those teen jobs.  Now my teens spend their time painting and/or harvesting money trees and working on skills.  They earn much more money that way, and when they want to have fun they're not stuck onto a rigid schedule like they are with a regular job.  I use SimPE to make all of my Townie teens unemployed so they're always available, too.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 25, 23:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing with my teens. And any townie teen that visits ends up quitting their job, as well. Very frustrating when I make a teen selectable so that they will stay long enough to form some kind of relationship with my teen, only to get the "carpool" message rudely interrupting them.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 25, 23:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is a whole 'nother issue for me. Why can sims not chat in the pool?

Grrr, I know.  That's why I use JM's hack for keeping visitors from swimming.   You need to remember to change your own Sims into swimwear before using the pool, but I downloaded cute nightstands-turned-into-dressers (don't remember whose, blush) and have one by every pool in every lot now so it's easy.

I'm blessedly free of visitors' obsession with pools and it feels great.

Hey, I'm not inviting them over if I'm not getting anything out of it!  Grin

(Don't know if the aforementioned hack is NL compatible.  Will check and edit post.)

P.S.  Off topic reply to an off topic reply, what else is new here?   Cool

EDIT - according to Dr. B, PoolHack is NL compatible, no code changes detected.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 25, 23:44:13 by windy_moon » Logged

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 25, 23:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those end-table dressers are by Merola, aren't they? They seem to work fine with NL for me.

Oh. Just realized you meant you were going to see if JM's hack was NL compatible. I feel dumb, again.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 25, 23:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those end-table dressers are by Merola, aren't they? They seem to work fine with NL for me.

Oh. Just realized you meant you were going to see if JM's hack was NL compatible. I feel dumb, again.

Yes! Merola!  I love those dressers.  I love Merola.  (I don't know Merola, but Merola deserves a fruit basket for giving me the mirror, the multi-painting and non-obnoxiously sized dressers the also serve as surfaces to rest things on. )  Fruit basket for Merola, Inge, TwoJeffs and a super-de-duper sized one for JM...who probably hates fruit.

Anyway, pool hack is okay for NL according to Doctor Boris, who gets at least a box-o-chocolates.   Will edit post.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 25, 23:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the endtable link if anyone wants it. Yes, she is a saint. I couldn't live without her Multi-Painting.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=652

edit: Thanks for the update on the pool hack. Will definitely d/l that one. Smiley

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 25, 23:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that painting on every one of my lots. It tends to clash with the decor, so it's usually stuck in the air at the very edge of the back of the lot. Along with all my hacked items that resemble burglar or fire alarms. Thanks to the moveObjects on cheat.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 25, 23:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I do the same thing. It is very useful, but as you say, it tends to clash with a lot of things Cheesy

edit: When I click on the poolhack.zip, I get a "page cannot be displayed." Undecided

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 25, 23:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that painting on every one of my lots. It tends to clash with the decor, so it's usually stuck in the air at the very edge of the back of the lot. Along with all my hacked items that resemble burglar or fire alarms. Thanks to the moveObjects on cheat.

LOL, LOL!! 

I hadn't thought of that.  I do have a, cough, decor problem as I wouldn't think of having a house without the painting.  Shocked  I recently did an entire new graduate's "pad" in retro 60's style and the multi painting was killing me...I kept removing it to take my pictures.

Will try sticking it on the lot corner that contains a JM lot debugger and TwoJeffs electronics tree...every lot. 

Don't leave home without them, just don't look in the corner of the lot!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: