More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 05:09:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd Instance of Morning Sickness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd Instance of Morning Sickness  (Read 4509 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Odd Instance of Morning Sickness
« on: 2008 February 23, 06:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw something today I've never seen before and I was kind of curious whether anyone else has ever seen it in S2.  I had a pregnant sim throwing up twice from morning sickness.  I mean, he'd puke, he'd stand up and then he'd fall right back on his knees again, to puke one more time.  He did this three times on day one, each time he had an attack of morning sickness.

And he had twins.

I figure it must be some sort of minor glitch. I've had twin pregnancies before, but never dual upchucks.

Also, this is the lot where the papergirl showed up at 6:47 am one day.  That makes me kind of nervous because I've never ever seen the papergirl show up before 7:01 am. Next time I play, they're moving to a different lot.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
Re: Odd Instance of Morning Sickness
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 23, 06:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The throwing up: yes, I have seen that before. I havent noticed if its because of twins but it is normal.
Paper girl: No, I've never had a paper girl/boy rock up early.

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 23, 06:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Multiple upchucks in a row, yes.  Just had a female, throws up, stands up and wipes her forehead, then immediately runs to ANOTHER bathroom to upchuck again.  Some sims seem to throw up regularly their first trimester, others won't be sick at all.  No idea if personality plays any part in how much morning-sickness they will have.  Pescado?
   As for odd-times for walkby's/NPC's.   I've had Neighborhood sims walk by at odd hours, after 7 PM, once it was after midnight (and none of them were trash-can kickers), but no regularly scheduled NPCs at odd times (yet).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 23, 10:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea if personality plays any part in how much morning-sickness they will have.  Pescado?

I've always wondered that too.  I haven't noticed any correlation but it seems too random to be sandorandom.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 23, 10:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purely sadorandom.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 23, 17:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool. I just hadn't seen a multi-vomiter in my game before, so I was curious.

The out-of-schedule appearance seemed to be badness. Never seen that before (well, except the nanny. The nanny shows up whenever she feels like it.)  I've had walk-bys at odd hours, including visitors who invited themselves in at two in the morning, but the paper girl was out of whack.  I'm gonna move them out and bulldoze the lot, if it wasn't a sign that the neighborhood is already screwed.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 23, 17:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim puke 5 times in a row - with the noodlesoother on! - due to 'saved up' morning sickness (she'd been skilling or meditating or at work for most of the 1st trimester).  Got to the energizer before she died on me.  Occasionally I can keep them distracted or busy enough to avoid puking, but am usually thwarted.  Dual pukes aren't uncommon at all in my game and are definitely not indicative of twins.

I found during my legacy challenge that NPCs didn't get morning sickness at all (the original ones - mail carriers, exterminators, pizza delivery).  CAS, game-born, and townie sims always did.  But this was before NL, things might've changed since then.

As far as paper delivery, etc. - never early, but sometimes late by a few minutes.

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 23, 18:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morning Sickness is treated in the game as a noncontagious disease. As such, NPCs are immune to it and it can be cured by the fixed biotech station (The default Biotech station with no fix just randomly tries to corrupt an inventory token). It is possible for it to accumulate and cure naturally, but normally the duration does not last long enough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 24, 23:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the early NPC?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: