More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:10:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary  (Read 17489 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: How to achieve LTW of golden anniversary
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 21, 05:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remembered reading this a few days back so decided to come back here.

My sim has a want for a golden anniversary, too.  She transitioned to an elder a few days after her hubby did.  I decided to throw the party on the day she turned elder, Sunday evening, since everyone was home.  She did the party thing on the phone and invited two of her best friends.  The message came up about the guests being invited, yada, yada, yada, then up popped the box about missing party guests.  Now these two guests were supposed to be her best friends and neither showed up!

I finally had her invite over another friend and he came.  Once he came onto the lot the party dialogue box came up (for anniversary party) and as things turned out the get together was a smashing success.

Still, though, her LTW hasn't been fulfilled.  I'm scratching my head on this one.  It was too late at night by the end of the party to see if perchance she still had the option to throw an anniversary party.  I'll have to check tomorrow.

Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 21, 17:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once he came onto the lot the party dialogue box came up (for anniversary party) and as things turned out the get together was a smashing success.

Still, though, her LTW hasn't been fulfilled.

Bah.  That's exactly what's happening to me too except the husband isn't an elder yet.  It's sad that my first line of thought is that Nightlife (or the patch) created a new bug where it's impossible to fill this LTW. 

I haven't filled anyone's LTWs since NL came out (don't do it very frequently).  Can anyone confirm filling LTWs in general aren't a problem?  Has anyone been able to fill the golden anniversary LTW since NL or the patch?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 21, 17:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the anniversary party after NL came out, but before the patch and it worked perfectly at that point. Neither of my guests showed up (which was actually what I wanted Wink and that didn't matter - I got the announcement the want was filled immediately after the planning or the start of the party (forget which, but certainly before it ended). The sims were married as adults and both transitioned to elder before I got the option for anniversary party.

It could be the patch, I suppose. I thought they had to get married as adults and transition to elders, however.

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 21, 17:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to blame this problem on the patch yet.  I'll fiddle with it a bit more and see what happens.

Since NL is my only expansion I haven't filled very many LTWs and this is my first attempt at this one.  I was tired last night so decided instead of playing through another day to see if I still had the anniversary party option I read for a while then went to bed.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 21, 17:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the anniversary party after NL came out, but before the patch and it worked perfectly at that point.

Same here, went off without a hitch for my Sims.

Neither of my guests showed up (which was actually what I wanted Wink and that didn't matter.

I've been wondering about this since NL came out - has anyone had a Downtownie attend a party? My Sim has 3 children by Mr. Big but the two of them never got married so he's still in the Townie pool. She invited him to each of their birthday parties and he didn't show up for any of them. The only other Downtownies my Sims have as friends are teens and with the leaving weirdness, I haven't bothered to invite them to see if they would show. It kinda makes me wonder if something is wonky with Downtownies coming to parties or if my Mr. Big is just a huge ass. Up until NL, I've never had a Sim not show up for a party if they were friends with the inviter.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 21, 18:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering about this since NL came out - has anyone had a Downtownie attend a party? My Sim has 3 children by Mr. Big but the two of them never got married so he's still in the Townie pool. She invited him to each of their birthday parties and he didn't show up for any of them. The only other Downtownies my Sims have as friends are teens and with the leaving weirdness, I haven't bothered to invite them to see if they would show. It kinda makes me wonder if something is wonky with Downtownies coming to parties or if my Mr. Big is just a huge ass. Up until NL, I've never had a Sim not show up for a party if they were friends with the inviter.

Hmmm.  That's an interesting idea.  My sim's two invited friends are both Downtownies who had come home with her from work.  I didn't try inviting her other friend, who is a playable sim I use when I need to generate Downtownies and service workers.

There are a couple of issues with Downtownies and Downtown service workers that I'm thinking Maxis should look into.  Like have you ever noticed when you invite a DT service worker to your lot they just march in like they own the place without being greeted?  Oddly enough, if you make them playable sims they do the same thing throughout the whole neighborhood.  It gets extremely annoying very quickly because here you've got your sim set about to take on their day when in out of the blue pops this sim!  And if the Downtownies aren't coming to parties, there's something really wrong.

Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 21, 20:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  I don't throw very many parties since NL.  I try to have a Group for each Sim with their friends (multiple groups created if needed).  If I want a party, I just invite some groups over.  If I want it to be "graded" I invite them over for an outing (at home outings usually work better for me than downtown outings).  I like the group function, because when  your sim goes to manage a group he also sees all the group other sims have added him to - so if he wants to invite over his best friend's group of friends to get to know them better, he can.

I really wish you could "throw a party" with the group manager - I just don't have any use for parties anymore (aside from getting my poor little elder Sim her LTW!)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 21, 20:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never real big on throwing parties anyway.  Mostly I'd let a sim have one when a relationship had sunk fairly low and then only invite over that particular sim.  They'd have a great time, build up the relationship and in the end have a great party memory.

One thing I couldn't see a lot of point in, and see even less point now, is the teen's wants to 'go out' or 'sneak out' with certain sims.  It seems to me NL should've completely nixed those wants as the options with NL are so much better.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 21, 21:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was misleading, sorry about that. I purposefully invited people I knew wouldn't show. I don't like parties at all and it doesn't count against you if you don't have any guests. One of the two I invited was a playable sim I'd moved out - I thought he might show up (he and the party giver had lived in the same house) but they didn't have a great relationship score anyway. The other was the countess, who actually *did* show up to tell me there was way too much light for her before she left (which I found amusing, inbetween feeling sorry for her). I was just kinda playing around to see what would happen at that point (this was not very long after I'd gotten the EP).

I don't like the sneak out options either. Doesn't "ask on a date" fill the "go out" one? If it doesn't, that's a bug imo. A teen going out is set up like a date, and it seems to me it should count, but I haven't tried it.

Unsouper
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 21, 22:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like the sneak out options either. Doesn't "ask on a date" fill the "go out" one? If it doesn't, that's a bug imo. A teen going out is set up like a date, and it seems to me it should count, but I haven't tried it.

I have no idea how to fill the "go out" want.  I had a teen recently ask her parents for permission to go out - nothing (what's the point of THAT!?).  I then had her go to a community lot and the want wasn't satisfied either.

I agree, "go out" and "sneak out" don't really have much of a point.  For some reason, my teens rarely seem to get a sneak out want.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 21, 22:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only used those options a few times but in order for them to 'sneak out' there comes a special option on the phone after I think 10 p.m. or maybe even later. The 'go out' option is just as bad.  They ask the parents for permission, then sometime in late evening there's an option on the phone for going out. I think both of these are under the 'call' menu.

I'm currently in the midst of trouble-shooting this whole golden anniversary want thing and it's not looking real good.  While I'm at it I'm going to test out a couple of other things, too.

Egads!  This keyboard of hubby's is atrocious!  The keys don't like to work--I keep having to hit the back key else this is coming out completely garbled! LOL  Looks like he needs a GOOD keyboard in the future.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 22, 02:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,folks, apparently the patch broke this!  I took out every mod in my game and still throwing an Anniversary Party is not fulfilling the LTW of reaching a Golden Anniversary.

These two sims married into adulthood and both were elders before I tried.  Now Amy has two fond memories of wonderful anniversary parties without fulfilling the want.

Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 22, 16:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay - hopefully some good news...

Hubby finally turned into an elder and I threw an anniversary party.  To my great surprise, it filled the wife's LTW!  So it appears this may be glitchy, but not necessarily broken.

Before, when the husband was an adult, I was using the wife's cell phone to try to throw an anniversary party.  Wasn't working.

This time I had the husband throw the party, but instead of using his cell phone, he used the regular phone.

If I had the patience, I'd test this more.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 22, 19:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, hubby made the call and it still worked?  Since it seems my little simmie can throw endless anniversary parties I'll give that one a shot!  You just never know! LOL

I don't have Uni so my sims don't have cell phones, so I know that can't be the problem.  Yep, maybe more glitchy than broken. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 22, 20:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how to fill the "go out" want.  I had a teen recently ask her parents for permission to go out - nothing (what's the point of THAT!?).  I then had her go to a community lot and the want wasn't satisfied either.

Once your sim has permission, then once it's evening, instead of Sneak out in the phone menu you get Go out - they can then fulfil the want which works exactly the same as Sneak out.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 23, 00:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my two family sims (who both had this as LTWs - I'm sure not getting much variety even among the ones that are right for the aspirations, I changed my romance to pleasure and back to romance and all around and still got 20 simultaneous lovers, which I don't like much... if it doesn't improve, I'm going to need that variety hack.</offtopic>) just reached elder. The next day (hey they're old and tired and have a bunch of kids Wink) I clicked on the phone and couldn't get anniversary party to show up. I thought maybe it was too early, but still didn't have the option after 7... until I placed the toasting set and suddenly there it was. They both went platinum immediately after the wife made the call. I know you've been able to throw the party, but maybe try that anyway?

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 23, 01:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, for what it's worth, I've just let Coral and Herb change their aspirations to Popularity, and now they both want 20 Best Friends - that's easily achievable, as long as I don't let them reach the target at another lot!  Really, it's about the only realistic one for elders in their position!  (50 1st dates? unlikely!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 24, 05:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

until I placed the toasting set and suddenly there it was. They both went platinum immediately after the wife made the call. I know you've been able to throw the party, but maybe try that anyway?

It's worth a shot!  I don't think it matters the time of day, though, as the option shows up during normal party hours.  I'll cross my fingers that the champagne bucket does the trick.  I should be home tomorrow so maybe I'll get to try it.

This will be our last week of wrapping up my dad's estate and it's going to be oh-so-hectic!  We still have a ton of stuff to move and close on the sale of the real estate Friday.  Yikes!

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 25, 19:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it again last night--this time including the champagne bucket.  Still, no go.  There's apparently something amiss.  My poor little simmie who should be in perma-plat just isn't because the party's not triggering the LTW fulfillment.  Ugh!

Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 25, 20:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a copy of their house in the houses bin?  If so, maybe try moving them out, replacing the lot and then moving them back in?  That's fixed problems I've had before, although unrelated.

Incidentally, I love this 'new' feature of the houses bin.  I package up houses after every major remodel, use the clean installer to remove the sims and then put the houses into the bin for just these sorts of occassions.  Depending on how extensive the remodel, I may or may not keep the previous version of the house.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 25, 20:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, indeed!  The first thing I did after building this version of this house was to put it in the lot bin.  I had spent who knows how much time building the previous version and ended up with it bugged without a spare.  All in all, that feature does save more time than it wastes. LOL

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 25, 21:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea (moving them out and back in) and ...hmm... for that matter you might try a testingcheats force error and reset on them. Maybe they're stuck somehow and that would reset them?

(take my suggestion at your own risk - I know next to nothing about how the game really works and everyone is more awesome than me Smiley)

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 25, 23:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(take my suggestion at your own risk - I know next to nothing about how the game really works and everyone is more awesome than me Smiley)

*snickers*  I doubt I'm more awesome than you!  Cheesy

Since I've tried everything else, maybe when I decide I'm not too lazy I'll move them out and back in.  I'll have to decide whether that's worth the bugging objects get while in inventory first. LOL

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 26, 14:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll never put anything but rewards things into the inventory again after I nearly lost one of my favourite families when they moved out of downtown to live in Pleasantview!  Had one sim just constantly rolling his wants, only way to stop it was to close the game by turning the power off.  Had to move them to an empty lot, get rid of all their furniture and the family car, then save and exit - once all the furniture was out of the inventories I could at least do that.  then I had to move them from the empty lot and into the new house and thank God it worked!  But then of course, I had to Kaching to get them some furniture!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: