More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:16:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Multiple Spontaneous Combustions including a CHILD!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Multiple Spontaneous Combustions including a CHILD!  (Read 4054 times)
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Multiple Spontaneous Combustions including a CHILD!
« on: 2008 February 22, 18:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think children could die in the game...but I must be mistaken.

I've been have a LOT of thunder storms and a lot of trees struck by lightning on my lots lately... so much so that I had to resort to a non-awesome hack (Paladin's weather controller) to just shut the weather off on lots during spring/summer.

But on one lot in particular I have had 4 cases of spontaneous combustion - one right after the other - one per day.

First the husband took a shower and spontaneously combusted immediately afterwards.  His wife beat the Grim Reaper at his game and was saved from death.

But the following day, when he returned from work, he got out of his car and immediately burst into flames.  No one old enough was home to save him that time, so he died.

I moved another male sim in with the family with the intention of replacing mister I burst into flames all the time...

Only upon returning from his first day at work, he too burst into flames in the very same spot where the previous sim died.

So now I've got two dead sims.

The following day, the son (now child aged) uses the toilet - in the same bathroom where the dad spontaneously combusted 3 days earlier.  He was NOT in the red temperature wise (only the first time was the male sim in the red - the other 2 times they were green temp wise) but he burst into flames nonetheless, immediately after flushing the toilet.  His mother again beat the Grim Reaper at his little game and was able to save the boy from death.

Well this was just too much of a coinkydink... turned on boolprop testing cheats... and low and behold I had TWO fire errors.  Deleted them.

So do y'all think this will take care of this?  Or is this a 'damaged' lot and I just need to move the family out and destroy it and start over?

Or maybe keep it and just move in sims that I don't like knowing that they'll likely succumb by spontaneous combustion?

And no I didn't think to take a snap when the kid was on fire...I was too busy trying to get his mother to extinguish him (which doesn't seem to work in cases of spontaneous combustion).

Oh yeah - it's not Paladin's hack causing this - installed that between losing the first sim the second time and the second sim bursting into flame.  And most of my hacks are awesome or cough cough, formerly awesome.

Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
Re: Multiple Spontaneous Combustions including a CHILD!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 22, 19:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you fixed the fire errors, the lot might be safe to play. If you still have the error logs, you should post them so we can look at them. (And by "we" I mean someone that can actually decipher it - not me.)

But don't take my word for it - wait for someone more awesome than me to comment.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 22, 20:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this other thread the lot debugger was used and it cleared out a lot of invisible fires.
Spontaneous combustion
And for those who asked, the lot was severely bugged with "object error--fires" but the lot debugger took care of it. Nothing visible, but as near as I could tell, the lot was full of fires sort of waiting to happen...very odd

Lot debugger--don't build homes without it!
« Last Edit: 2008 February 22, 20:32:00 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 22, 20:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't speak for the fires. I've been extremely lucky to never have that issue.

For children, they most definitely can die. Fire can kill them, as long as the right motives are decreasing so the social worker doesn't get there first. Drowning also can kill them. They can be killed by lightning (though that is rare). I lost one to a ghost-scare. I believe they can die of disease and flies as well.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 22, 20:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies!

I am back playing that lot - about to grow Delman (the kid who combusted and was saved) up into a teenager...

Learned something new - had never had a child die before this...

So far no more fires so far, so guess deleting the fire errors solved the problem...although I should probably check, just to be sure...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: