Veronaville--What's the Deal???

<< < (15/17) > >>

Process Denied:
In my last game, when I discovered that I could send townies to college for the first time, I sent all of the teen townies to college and was really surprised by their memories.  The Ricky kid, I didn't like him  so none of my kids got to know him, I didn't even know that he was romance sim(explains a lot).  Well, three other townie girls were in love with him.  I thought that it was pre made till I restarted my game and sent him to college right away,apparantly,he was automously kissing the girls behind my back.  I thought that they couldn't autonmousy give a first kiss??  Hence, the lack of interaction causes despiration.

ZephyrZodiac:
I think that's the problem, whether sims are controllable or not, they all have the same needs, and for some reason living in the townie household doesn't fulfil any of them  I mean, the kids and teens presumably go to school since they some back on the school bus, but they don't get any improvement on their grades.  They only meet other townies if they meet them at your sims house, or when your sim is visiting a community lot, so their needs in that direction aren't met either.  Even the NPCs fare better than that, as sometimes they get to talk to other sims and make friends.

Process Denied:
Quote from: ZephyrZodiac on 2005 November 18, 20:35:25

I think that's the problem, whether sims are controllable or not, they all have the same needs, and for some reason living in the townie household doesn't fulfil any of them  I mean, the kids and teens presumably go to school since they some back on the school bus, but they don't get any improvement on their grades.  They only meet other townies if they meet them at your sims house, or when your sim is visiting a community lot, so their needs in that direction aren't met either.  Even the NPCs fare better than that, as sometimes they get to talk to other sims and make friends.

That's why I love hacks.  I look out for all my townie teens and children now because they will eventually become playable characters.  I make sure their jobs match their aspiration.  I put them at level 3 and give them an A plus in school.  I also give them 5 points in every subject--it isn't as much as my characters have but then again they spend their life playing and my sims are working their butts off.  I take control of them when they come over and give them an aspiration hike so they don't grow up badly and have them call for scholorships and since I have Inteen I also have to make them older so  I can send them to college.  I even found a good point to having my NPC's bitten.  I turn them back to simmies  and then turn them into a teen so they replace the teens that I send to Uni.  Circle of life my friend.

jase:
Just to clear up any old wives tales before they start.  InTeen doesn't "fix up DNA" as one person suggested.  It does clean up some leftover "schlop" that was left behind in the character files that can cause InTeen to behave in unpredictable ways.  From what I can surmise the neighboorhood simmies were developed in reverse order, Veronaville, then Strangetown, and finally Pleasantville.  The sims in Pleasantville seem to be the only ones with data that is consistent with the final shipping version of the game.  Some of the Veronaville and Strangetown simmies have junk DNA - where if you breed them together the game will crash every time.  I've found some sims who are allegedly 65,000+ years old.  Gender preferences scores that are off the chart.  There are references to motives which were deprecated before the final shipping product shipped.  All of this I believe is a byproduct of the game "evolving" during development - features get added, features get removed, specs change...but the sims that were created to that point were never fully updated to conform to the new "spec".  Some of this may be benign - some of it may not.  In either event, while InTeen attempts to correct those problems that conflict with it, it is not a universal silver bullet.

Bangelnuts:
I rofl at your description of the alleged age of those sims. man 65,000 years old makes them  older than Methuselah :o and gender preferences that are off the chart huh ??? seems Maxis really glitched those hoods bigtime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page