More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:57:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Chronic newspaper thief
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Chronic newspaper thief  (Read 6801 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Chronic newspaper thief
« on: 2005 December 02, 02:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a CAS sim in one of my custom hoods, who is a chronic newspaper thief.    He cannot stop.  He'll run by lots of sims he's never met personally and nab the newspaper and take off. 

I rarely  play his house...he's just sourta there for comic relief.  (There's a story of how this sim came to be..but if I disclosed that information to anyone else the men in white coats might come for me, finally  Tongue )

I went in and checked out his relationships with people and he's not furious at anyone so the newspaper thievery seems unwarranted.

He is a mean sim though.  And all I can think of is that since I have nokicktrash hack installed..that maybe now since nobody can kick the damned trashcans that they instead maybe steal the newspapers (Huh)
I doubt it though, as this is the only sim that has done it.

It's quite funny to me..especially seeing the story behind this sim, that he actually runs around the 'hood stealing newspapers at random, but I just want to know why lol

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Chronic newspaper thief
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 02, 02:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is based on the grouchiness level, since my Pescado Sim is the newspaper thief in my neighbourhood too, and he's not angry at anyone.  Undecided

But he is grouchy...
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 02, 02:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have one newspaper thief and he only steals his ex-wife's newspaper, so I'm pretty sure he is furious with her for kicking him out of the house to move her new boyfriend in. I love him though. I hate the damn newspaper, and I really appreciate having someone to reliably clean it up every day. I wish I had a newspaper thief for the whole neighborhood.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 02, 02:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'll be damned if Bella Goth didn't kick over my...uh..."Sim Brynne"'s trashcan for no reason, either. I ...er...I mean "Sim Brynne" hadn't even had time to meet her, let alone piss her off! I guess sim Brynne's reputation preceded her...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 02, 02:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this as well and it's grouchy Sims in my game, too.  I've also seen some Sims acting a bit oddly - they sort of creep onto the lot, bent over and hiding their faces behind their hands, as if they want to pass by unnoticed.  They don't steal anything, they just sneak by.  If they're stopped in their tracks because I ask one of my Sims to greet them, they look really annoyed. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 02, 03:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this as well and it's grouchy Sims in my game, too.  I've also seen some Sims acting a bit oddly - they sort of creep onto the lot, bent over and hiding their faces behind their hands, as if they want to pass by unnoticed.  They don't steal anything, they just sneak by.  If they're stopped in their tracks because I ask one of my Sims to greet them, they look really annoyed. 
Pescado is my neighborhood newspaper thief and trashcan kicker  but without any nice points its to be expected

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 02, 03:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Spector Spinster is the newspaper thief in one of my Strangetown hoods. Or maybe I should call her the "Black Widow". Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 02, 04:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Spector Spinster is the newspaper thief in one of my Strangetown hoods. Or maybe I should call her the "Black Widow". Roll Eyes
I dont play the  Maxis neighborhoods  never could get into their stories or characters

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 02, 08:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis apparently thinks newspaper thievery is a horrible thing.

Nevermind that most of us never use the damn things and are happy not to see them. I never get newspaper thievery because I unsubscribe. Damn thing's pretty useless anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 02, 08:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newspaper is great! Recycling it gives your sim something to keep them from charging intot he house to make the bed, play the piano, etc when you want them to stand outside for 2 minutes while thier date comes over.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 02, 08:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just turn off free will or Macro Procrastinate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 02, 08:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find clicking a total of 6 times to turn on procrastinate and then turn it back off too much work. I am naturally slothfull.

Although even better than the newspaper is being able to dig in the trash now!Good thing all my sims are horribly sloppy.

Webcest.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 02, 08:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yes, in my world 4 and 6 are the same number.

Webcest.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 02, 09:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it is just the fact that this is one mean sim then lol  I think he is one of the meanest in my 'hood.  Glad I am not alone lol

Not that I mind...I hate recycling those papers anyways lol
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 03, 07:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chronic newspaper thief in my main neighborhood is a Townie kid that none of my Sims have ever met. I've never been able to catch her in the act to find out what her name is, either. I'm gonna whup her ass when I do catch her, though. My Sims need their Logic points.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 03, 07:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I mind...I hate recycling those papers anyways lol

I pause the game to catch them in the act, and take their picture (the evil grin they give just gets me), then I'm happy because I hate to recycle the newspaper too.  Cheesy
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 03, 08:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chronic newspaper thief in my main neighborhood is a Townie kid that none of my Sims have ever met. I've never been able to catch her in the act to find out what her name is, either. I'm gonna whup her ass when I do catch her, though. My Sims need their Logic points.

If it's a default teen, likely as not it's Sophie Miguel (dark skin, sweatsuit, knobby-hair).  She's an ornery little cuss!  Before I started downloading mods and wiping all default characters from neighborhoods she was always causing my sims a ton of trouble:  knocking down trash cans, insulting my sims, so on and so forth.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 03, 08:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's a Child. I think she might be Marsha Bruenig...I don't think I've murdered her in that neighborhood yet. I've only seen her in the pop-up window, and keep forgetting to hit Pause and go in for a close-up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: