More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:42:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Veronaville--What's the Deal???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Veronaville--What's the Deal???  (Read 32347 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Veronaville--What's the Deal???
« on: 2005 October 25, 18:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully my problem is not unique.  I always have problems in Veronaville--Why I go Back--??? Anyways.I have major miss information in the MaXIS made adult characters.  They are tagged as teens or children eventhough they look and a function as adults.  They can't interact romantically with elders.  They can't be left alone with their children without a nanny or teen at home(the social worker won't come but the teen won't leave without the --can't leave baby message--) They are called for the school bus everyday.  They hangout,play tag/cops and robbers.  Yet they hold regular jobs can get married-have children.  I also have some adults not aging.  This happens only in Veronaville.  This is the first generation so it doesn't have to do with overcrowding.  Also,SimPE has a error when I open up their memories and they are blank--eventhough in game they aren't.  Maybe has to do their memories???  Anyone with an idea??  I'm about to abort game--even though I already reinstalled due to corrupt houses and no aging in Veronaville.  Hate to go through this again.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Veronaville--What's the Deal???
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 25, 18:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have removed all downloads and the problem was still there-- all CAS sims act normally.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 25, 19:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How odd. 

Before reinstalling, I might try this:

Move your The Sims 2 folder from My Documents to your desktop (or elsewhere safe).

Then start your game.  That will generate a new, "clean" The Sims 2 folder.  Exit the game.

Remove the Veronaville folder from your old TS2 folder (N003, I believe -- I'm at work, so I can't look at it).  Replace it with the N003 from your clean folder.

Then delete (or save elsewhere) the clean folder and put your older folder back.

I used to play Veronaville extensively and never had problems.  This was before any of the expansions, however, and I haven't tried going back to it.

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 26, 15:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx I'll try that.  I don't know what's going on with that town.  I always have trouble with it and nobody else complains about it so I'm beginning to think it is my game copy is damaged some how when it comes to N003.  I had trouble with it before any expansions so the problem seems inheirent.  I was just dealing with the problems because the adults will be elders soon anyways but Isabelle went on a date with Oberon because they both wanted to fall in love with each other and when they got on the date they had no romantic options even though their wants were romantic it was really annoying,but the upside was that when she gave him the thank you kiss they fell in love even though it was too late for the final date score at least the want was fulfilled and she was out of the red. 
« Last Edit: 2005 October 26, 15:57:23 by Process Denied » Logged
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 28, 01:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know... I think Veronaville is whacked as well.  The one (and only) time I tried to play it, all of my children ended up with elf ears even though they were born to people I built myself who most definitely did not have elf ears.  It totally killed the mood for me.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 28, 03:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a lot of the memories of the maxis sims there were either out of order or didn't make much sense.  Bianca Monty has a memory of one of the old Capp ladies dying and its a green memory.  Yet the caption still says "I'll miss this sim blah blah blah only time can ease my pain".  Kent Capp's memories are equally as screwy.  If I recall he only had the memoires of learning to talk, walk, getting potty trained, and getting fired.  No memories pretaining to his family or anything.  Its as if they focused most of their attention on Pleasantview and were just half assed when they made the other two.  Strangetown has its own weirdness.

Though, I can honestly say none of the adults in my Veronaville have been tagged as teens or elders.  That really is strange...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 28, 12:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly from playing it, there's a townie teen named Kendra McCarthy who actually has an adult body stretched down to around .9 or something like odd like that.

I played Veronville for a good 9 months. I didn't have too much problems, but the DNA for the Maxis sims is pretty screwy and it's not limited to Veronaville either.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 29, 17:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know what the cause of my prob is but I did resolve it.  Apparantly,this effects only married adult  couples and if I access their biological clock(inteen)and put it in their inventory the problem is solved.  They age again and are no longer called to the bus.This goes for the male as well as the female.  So I guess that Isabelle and Oberon can be together for the little time Isabelle has left.  It was funny,after the date fiasco with Oberon(couldn't be romantic) I had Isabelle call the Gypsy to get a date hoping that she would get an elder.  She got Puck--OMG.  Not a good day for her.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 29, 19:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that a lot of Pleasantview characters suddenly had family ticks in SimPE after I started to play the new installation of Pleasantview, like Lilith and Dirk Dreamer were ticked as family!  So might well be worth checking in SimPE to see how many other similar errors have appeared.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 30, 13:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was funny,after the date fiasco with Oberon(couldn't be romantic) I had Isabelle call the Gypsy to get a date hoping that she would get an elder.  She got Puck--OMG.  Not a good day for her.

I think Isabella likes younger men. Wink In my game she ended up going with Armando Turner, the mailman. I had moved him into another house and he became a criminal. He was at the rank Con Artist when he went to put the hustle on that old bat a few days before she died. lol

Puck and Hermia always seem to have very dark skinned children no matter what. I would say it might be because of Oberon, but according to their memories he was adopted. Tongue I guess he's another Maxis seem with messed up DNA.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 30, 18:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checking with Inteen, it seems that Strangetown and Veronaville have alot of characters with bad data.  If you have Inteen,you should spawn their biological clock right away and it corrects the bad data.  I knew this was a problem with townies but not main characters.  This is probably why I always have probs in Veronaville and a little less in Strangetown-usually only with Jenny.  This is probably why Poll. #9 and Jenny always have a bogus baby because Maxis didn't figure on them ever having a natural baby and didn't provide correct DNA for them.  That also happened to Caliban and Cordiela Capp when I resurrected them.  Their baby was almost Identical to Jenny's baby.  It must be like a defalt baby.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 30, 20:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, most Monties and Capps are flagged as family. Perhaps this prevents them from flirting with each other autonomously, and it's done for the neighbourhood story?

Thanks for the note about the inteenimator clock. I'll try that (got it installed without problems: it's not the insiminator!).
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 30, 22:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how almost all the main characters in all the towns are flagged as family but it doesn't effect their romantic escapades.  However, I'm curious to something--any opinions??  I resurrected the Tricou family in Strangetown everyone except the elders.  The two couples,however; are flagged as family--with the people sign.  They can have romantic relations with each other including comittment but they don't have any lightning bolts on their icons eventhough they are highly attracted to each other, and even though they should be in love with 100/100 relationship and are woohooing.   They don't get any hearts and don't officially fall in love.  I'm going to try the biological clock but this seems like a different prob.  I went to SimPE and they are not in each other's family tree I unclicked the family sign--nothing.  I even went so far as to delete from everyone's memory that they were ever married in the first place--nothing.  I guess they will have to switch spouses.  I wonder though, if they don't have hearts for each other, then maybe they won't get jealous???  That could be a plus--marriage but no jealousy---maybe I'll test out that theory!!!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 31, 18:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is true,since they don't have hearts,they don't get jealous.  I had the other male make out with he guy's girl right in front of him and he didn't do anything.  Then I thought,well,he is a romance sim maybe he doesn't mind.  Then I had the other female make out and then woohoo right in front of her and she didn't bat an eye.  Interesting, I didn't save of course,but does leave an interesting situation--indeed!!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 03, 20:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how almost all the main characters in all the towns are flagged as family but it doesn't effect their romantic escapades.  However, I'm curious to something--any opinions??  I resurrected the Tricou family in Strangetown everyone except the elders.  The two couples,however; are flagged as family--with the people sign.  They can have romantic relations with each other including comittment but they don't have any lightning bolts on their icons eventhough they are highly attracted to each other, and even though they should be in love with 100/100 relationship and are woohooing.   They don't get any hearts and don't officially fall in love.  I'm going to try the biological clock but this seems like a different prob.  I went to SimPE and they are not in each other's family tree I unclicked the family sign--nothing.  I even went so far as to delete from everyone's memory that they were ever married in the first place--nothing.  I guess they will have to switch spouses.  I wonder though, if they don't have hearts for each other, then maybe they won't get jealous???  That could be a plus--marriage but no jealousy---maybe I'll test out that theory!!!

I've done it too, but resurrected the elders and kids too, plus I've discovered that six of the townie teens are Jonathon's children, and therefore the siblings of Nylissit and Jennail.  They all knew who there faterh was, but I had to let Jonathon in on the secret, and when each of them went to Uni, there he was to see them off - very moving!

I've managed to get the lightning bolts too - send them out for a public woohoo - works wonders!

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 07, 22:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has to be something wrong because they should have bolts.  When they first got together they had the extra options with the bolts on them.  They checked each other out and had the hot stuff reaction. They have the family figure on each other's icon like they were married but their not.  They have woohooed and have the option to get engaged but they don't have hearts or the memory of falling in love plus they can watch the other woohoo and not get jealous??? Weird.  I think I might resurrect them in Pleasantville and see if the same thing happens.  Maybe I'll kill them off and have their kids resurrect them with the resurrcto--thingy.  Either that or I'll just leave it because they both like someone else better anyways. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 08, 00:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just used SimPE - the memories are actually there, and once you've saved them and made sure the family ties are all there, then they seem to know they are married.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 09, 01:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason they made these downtownie teens siblings might have been to stop them developing romantic relationships with each other, thereby leaving them free for our own teens to get involved with.  The only reason that doesn't make sense is the fact that Jonathan Tricou was used as their father, I don't understand what that's all about because he clearly isn't.  The only one who looks as if he could belong to that family is the goth teen with the white face, the rest so obviously don't it makes the whole thing ridiculous.  I deleted all those relationships straightaway.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 09, 01:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

plus I think one of the downtonie teens isn't linked to that family. The blonde girl.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 09, 02:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason they made these downtownie teens siblings might have been to stop them developing romantic relationships with each other, thereby leaving them free for our own teens to get involved with.  The only reason that doesn't make sense is the fact that Jonathan Tricou was used as their father, I don't understand what that's all about because he clearly isn't.  The only one who looks as if he could belong to that family is the goth teen with the white face, the rest so obviously don't it makes the whole thing ridiculous.  I deleted all those relationships straightaway.
im ygame three of kids do look lik they belong to Jon Smith Tricou the two teen females linked as his daughters bear a strong resemblance to Jennail and Gvaudoin. The teen male Ronan in my Game that is linked Bears a strong resemblance to Fricorith

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 09, 09:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Jon Smith is a ghost in Strangetown!  You mean Jonathan Tricou!

And whether they are meant to be part of the family or not, it works ok, so I'll just carry on with what I'm doing!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 09, 18:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checking with Inteen, it seems that Strangetown and Veronaville have alot of characters with bad data.  If you have Inteen,you should spawn their biological clock right away and it corrects the bad data.  I knew this was a problem with townies but not main characters.  This is probably why I always have probs in Veronaville and a little less in Strangetown-usually only with Jenny.  This is probably why Poll. #9 and Jenny always have a bogus baby because Maxis didn't figure on them ever having a natural baby and didn't provide correct DNA for them.  That also happened to Caliban and Cordiela Capp when I resurrected them.  Their baby was almost Identical to Jenny's baby.  It must be like a defalt baby.

Wait, so simply spawning the biological clock fixes their DNA?  Hmm, maybe I should go and do that.

I had InTeen installed a few days ago but took it out when the pedophilia started running rampant in Pleasentview.  The last straw was Kennedy Cox and Meadow Thayer making suggestions and getting crushes on each other.  I nipped that in the bud with SimPE though.  Guess this will teach me to stop using "Check Sim Out" on every townie of the opposite gender my sim meets...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 10, 00:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Jon Smith is a ghost in Strangetown!  You mean Jonathan Tricou!

And whether they are meant to be part of the family or not, it works ok, so I'll just carry on with what I'm doing!
nope I mean JonSmith Tricou he was a ghost in my custom neighborhood .I have no clue where Jonathan Tricou is. I dont play maxis neighborhoods. my custom hood characters didnt include Jonathon Tricou. I think who you get is spawned by the game when you first create your custom neighborhood

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 10, 01:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I presume your custom hood uses names from Strangetown?  That would explain the differences, though it's wierd that the other Tricous should have the same names,

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 10, 02:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I presume your custom hood uses names from Strangetown?  That would explain the differences, though it's wierd that the other Tricous should have the same names,
I havent a clue Inever played strangetown before

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: