More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:33:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Crappy GUID" error from warmthfixes.package
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Crappy GUID" error from warmthfixes.package  (Read 12002 times)
Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
"Crappy GUID" error from warmthfixes.package
« on: 2008 February 20, 16:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting an odd error I've not seen before that's somehow being caused by the warmthfixes.package. I know the mod itself can't be to blame, as it hasn't been updated in a couple of months and nobody else is complaining of similar problems, but I've removed every other file from my Downloads folder except for warmthfixes.package and the problem is still occurring, and it goes away the moment I remove that file.

Clearly I've done something completely Non-Awesome that has broken my game's ability to play nicely with warmthfixes, I'm simply not sure what it would be.

I've got all the expansions and stuff packs installed. The one major change I made was use SaraMK's method of merging the neighborhoods together, using Riverblossom as the main hood and adding the other three as Shopping Districts. Not sure if that will have any bearing on this issue, but may as well mention it up front.

I've attached the error log. Can anyone have a look and offer any suggestions as to what might be the problem?
« Last Edit: 2008 February 20, 17:53:52 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: "Crappy GUID" error from warmthfixes.package
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 20, 17:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
Something is breaking warmthfixes. Is possible to be another hack, maybe outdated but it can be other thing. It can be an inventory iten, it can be a sim (I had some sims causing errors due familytree problems).

Recently I was getting an "Attribute Number out of range" error from NL default lights and it was another object that was causing that, a pair of shelves from an old site, outdated object, probably not Ep-ready.  I had no GUID conflicts detectable by SIMPE, I had to find the problem manually. What I did was the half-half method, testing all my downloads till I found the culprit. It didnīt took too long, couple hours.

My suggestions are:
- test in another hood with debug mode and check if you have the same error to see if is not a sim who is borken warmthfixes
- test with only awesomes hacks
- test your downloads folder without hacks to see if you get the same error in both hoods, your regular one and a test hood

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 20, 17:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

S/he/it did say they took everything out of the downloads and it was still borken. You might check your saved sims folder or your teleport folder for something sneaking in. Use clean installer to scan.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 20, 17:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something seems to be VERY wrong with your game install, because your error log is full of unreadable gibberish boxes and is mostly unintelligible. Error logs should never be full of funny boxes where there should be numerical data fields, so something is already very wrong with your game. You should reinstall it completely and see if the error continues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 20, 18:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gibberish boxes? I don't see anything like that when I look at the log.  Huh  Maybe something went wrong when I attached it?

It SHOULD have looked like this (obviously I'm not posting it all..)

Object id: 223
name: Controller - Temperature Receptivity
Stack size: 4
Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
Iterations: 30
  Frame 3:
    Stack Object id: 49
    Stack Object name: G001_User00459 - Don
    Node: 7
    Tree: id 4133 name 'Get In Temp 0 - Stack Objects Warmth Delta 2' version -32749
    from Controller_TemperatureReceptivity
    Prim state: 0
    Params:    Locals: -20 0
  Frame 2:
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4116 name 'Process - Update Warmth' version -32751
    Params:    Locals: 0 0 0 0
  Frame 1:
    Node: 0
    Tree: id 4100 name 'Process' version -32736
    Params:    Locals: 0 0 0
  Frame 0:
    Node: 20
    Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32749
    Params:    Locals: 4 0
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 20, 18:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, try again, then. I saw every line mangled with a pile of funny square boxes. What was the sim wearing at the time this happened?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 20, 18:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attempt #2 to upload the log.

The Sim was Don Lothario, in his default outfit. It was on the Goth lot, and the errors began the moment the lot finished loading.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 21, 06:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that exact error, and it is only when sims enter the hot spring on an owned vacation lot that I know of. Also, it is only since I added the CS stuff. Could be a conflicting hack, though I have no idea what it might be.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 21, 07:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those little square boxes are usually caused by using MS Word. Maybe the OP saved as a doc first? I've put Word contents into a text file and seen boxes like that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 21, 08:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well its not my actual game installation. I took out my merged neighborhood and let the game regenerate the default ones, and the error is gone. Therefore either the hack is incompatible with merged hoods, or I screwed up something in the process of merging them.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 23, 11:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will put a bet in corrupted sims chars files.

Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 23, 23:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Full uninstall/reinstall of the game and all expansion/stuff packs and I get the same result. Frankly I'm at a loss. I've done the neighborhood merge many times in the past with no such problems. I even tried it without Bon Voyage installed, since the last time I had played with a merged hood was back when Seasons was first released.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 24, 08:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the hood is the problem. Something is corrupted at the hood.
Am I missing something here?

Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 24, 10:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the neighborhood hadn't even been played yet, so aside from the merging process itself I don't see what could have corrupted it. Besides that, I've already removed the game entirely, including the neighborhoods, and reinstalled it from scratch.

It always worked perfectly for me every other time I set up a merged hood to play in. No idea what's different now. I tried installing the game without the Bon Voyage EP, since it wasn't out yet the last time I did this, but that didn't help. Now I'm grasping at straws and wondering if I should try an older version of Sim PE.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 24, 10:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like there's junk data in the sim's uniform data. Try having the sim that's having the problems change clothes and then back.

Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 24, 10:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately its not limited to any particular sim(s). As soon as I add one of the standard neighborhoods as a suburb, this begins happening to all sims on any lot I load. That being the case, I think it is probable that the same would occur for townies and NPCs.

I'll definitely try your suggestion though, if only to hopefully satisfy my curiosity as to the cause of the errors.
Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 24, 15:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making each sim on the lot change their clothes eliminates the issue on that lot. Thankfully it seems that it only afflicts those present when the lot is first played, so it doesn't affect any new visitors, walk bys, service NPCs, etc.

Still no idea why this even happens now when it never did before, but at least there appears to be a simple workaround for it.
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 05, 03:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the problem,  question is how to fix it?  In warmthfixes package, Node 7 for the BHAV Get in Temp 0 - Stack Objects Warmth Delta 2, states" Run Tree by Name ("Carry Bag - Start").  This node 7 needs to be changed badly, why is it in here?  Carry a bag for what?

It is told to run this "tree by name" but no GUID has been stated or implied therefore "Crappy GUID" error.  Needs a GUID to be able to "Run tree by name".

I'll just try deleting this node.  Makes no logical sense why that is in there. 

Pcgeekri
« Last Edit: 2008 April 05, 03:43:22 by pcgeekri » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 06, 12:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a hook for an Unreleased Shiny, and "Carry Bag" is actually an incorrect interpretation by SimPE. The problem is that for reasons unknown, some sims have corrupted outfit data that points to trash that isn't a proper GUID. It seems to be a form of file corruption that is prevalent in some older game hoods. Deleting the node will not harm your game, but WILL simply hide existing data corruption in your neighborhood files.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: