More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:18:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No 20K Handouts - oops!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No 20K Handouts - oops!  (Read 14502 times)
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No 20K Handouts - oops!
« on: 2008 February 19, 00:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I was using the no20khandouts hack, and before I fully understood the consequences, I moved Jody Larson out of the house she shared with her brother. Now she and her dog are stuck in the families bin with only 436 simoleons. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to give her more simoleons or otherwise make her playable again.  Embarrassed
Thanks for all and any help!
Becky

Just so everyone knows what I'm talking about, here's the description of the hack:
no20Khandouts.zip - Officially Nightlife Compatible
   Eliminates the magic 20K handout when a sim moves out or graduates from college.
   A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of
   the current family. No more. No such thing as a free lunch. If a sim family breaks
   up, the sim being booted out will take the minimum amount to afford a lot, 3K,
   from the treasury if available. Otherwise, he gets whatever is left. If that's
   not enough to afford even the odd 2x2 lot... too bad! Life's a bitch and then
   you're raped by wild boars!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: No 20K Handouts - oops!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 19, 00:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, use the family funds cheat to give her more cash. You may have problems with this if she has the same last name as her brother though.
Here is a list of cheats for you. Simpe could also be used.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 19, 00:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just merge her back with an existing household (but I suppose this wasn't the answer you were looking for as you made her move out in the first place).
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 19, 00:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several options:
- You could merge her into an existing household.
- You could use the money order hack to have another sim send her some cash.
- You could remove the No20K handouts hack, then move her back into her brother's household, move her out again and she'll have the 20k this time.
- You could use SimPE to edit her family funds to something reasonable (if the familyfunds cheat wants to give the cash to the other household with the same surname - i.e. her brother's household)

May I ask what you thought this hack would do?  This situation is the intended consequence of the hack.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 19, 00:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

morriganrant - Thank you for the list of cheats. I wasn't aware of the Family Funds cheat. I'll try that.

pmewa_yht_beb & Kyna - I guess I don't understand what you mean by "merging" or moving her back in. Since she's not on a lot, no one can interact with her. I'm sure there are complicated ways of doing it, using SimPE or something, but I'm looking for a simple method.

Kyna - I'll look into using the money order hack. I didn't know that would work with Sims who are in the bin.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 19, 00:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merging households is a feature I believe was added after Nightlife. It's hard to remember when you have all the EP. (hinthint...get OFB or Seasons, NL's engine is crashy crap)

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 19, 00:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask what you thought this hack would do?  This situation is the intended consequence of the hack.

----------------

To answer your question, Kyna -
I realized she wouldn't have 20K, but I didn't realize that the household had too little cash on hand for her to be able to afford the cheapest lot when she moved out. I just got back into playing Sims after a break of about a year, so I'm trying to familiarize myself with many hacks all at once. It may not seem like it to the awesome people who frequent these boards, but there are a lot of details to remember. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 February 19, 01:01:20 by Becky » Logged
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 19, 01:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To merge her household with her brother's (or any other house with less then eight sims), just click on her in the family bin if you have UNI or any expansion following it, and then click on the house you want to merge her with. It'll ask "Do you want to combine the 'x' family with the 'x' family. Click yes.
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 19, 01:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pwema_yht_beb - Thank you so much for explaining! Very nice of you. I'm surprised I haven't discovered that feature by accident. Tongue 
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 19, 01:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try not to assume that everyone knows what every little term means--people have done that to me all too often. When UNI first came out, I thought the feature was only available for students.
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 19, 01:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that when I first played Sims 2, I didn't have any expansion packs, so I ignored most threads talking about them. But after about a year, I reinstalled Sims 2 and added all the expansion packs up to Seasons. So I have a lot to learn at once! Thanks again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 19, 03:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merging households is a feature I believe was added after Nightlife. It's hard to remember when you have all the EP. (hinthint...get OFB or Seasons, NL's engine is crashy crap)
Uh, Fuzzy Pumpkin, perhaps you're not very observant, but firstly, household merges were a Uni feature, and second, she mentioned a Jody Larson and a DOG. That means she already HAS a minimum of OFB + Pets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 19, 03:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, yeah. I just saw "Nightlife" and hit the button. Oops.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 19, 12:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say people who have no idea about basic game functions shouldn't be messing with hacks to start with.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: