More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 16:56:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Issues with memory,mouse and keyboard
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Issues with memory,mouse and keyboard  (Read 2625 times)
scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Issues with memory,mouse and keyboard
« on: 2008 February 15, 21:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been a long time member, but I am a lurker. I have gone over the threads on upgrading memory and such. I am now having a problem that has not been addressed before.

My system specs are: Intel Pentium processor 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 446MB RAM
Page File: 1007 MB used, 562 MB available
Direct X 10
Vista

I decided I was going to upgrade my memory, so I took my system specs with me and purchased 2 gigs.
Came home and installed. Turned on my computer and the loading screen looked like it was suffering from double vision and system would not start. Just the opening screen. So I took out the new memory and put back the original stick of memory that came with the computer. It started right up with no problems. However now my mouse and keyboard are not working. I made sure everything was reconnected and even tried switching out these items to see if that was the problem. When I connected another keyboard or
mouse they did not work either. I know that they work because I am using them now on our old computer.

So my question is does anyone know what possibly happened? Why did I have problems with the new memory? Could it be that when I installed new memory my graphics card could not handle it? Why all of a sudden will the keyboard and mouse no longer
work?

Thanks

Edit: After non-stop fiddling, I finally got the keyboard and mouse working. So now my only issue is why I had an issue in the beginning with memory.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 15, 21:47:58 by scoob » Logged
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: Issues with memory,mouse and keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 15, 22:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vista ate your drivers when you installed the RAM. Most possible. Bad, bad Vista.

On a second note, I suppose you did NOT touched the memo chips in your own bare hands, did you?
Chips are sensitive creatures, they hate to be touched.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 15, 23:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're also easy to damage with static electricity. I don't know if that could cause what happened to you, but I do know that static electricity is not good for RAM.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 17, 21:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have gotten bad RAM. Did you make sure they are seated properly and are you positive you got the right kind of RAM?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 18, 00:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, everything is fine. I installed a different video card that I had from my previous computer with the ram and everything is fine. I
can't believe how much quicker my load times are now. Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: