More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:20:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Community Wedding Fix for Celebration Wedding Arch (Obsolete in AL/M&G)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Wedding Fix for Celebration Wedding Arch (Obsolete in AL/M&G)  (Read 29592 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Community Wedding Fix for Celebration Wedding Arch (Obsolete in AL/M&G)
« on: 2008 February 14, 22:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At long last, EAxis enabled community wedding in BV, but failed to extend the new feature to the Celebration wedding arch. As stated in this thread, you cannot buy Celebration wedding arch in community lot anymore (because EAxis finally "fixed" the so-called "bug" in collection files that enabled community-only objects to be placed in residential lots, THANK YOU EAXIS), and "Get Married" menu doesn't come up in community lot.

This fix enables community wedding for Celebration wedding arch.

Tested with AnyGameStarter, all EPs installed up to BV.
After the wedding, the honeymoon van picked up newlyweds without a problem.

This fix does not enable community wedding for base game wedding arch, as BV already enabled community wedding for it. If you don't have BV, you may need Squinge's community wedding hack as well. I'm not sure if Squinge's hack is compatible up to Seasons or not.

Works for FreeTime.
Obsolete in AL or M&G. Remove the fix if you have AL or M&G.

Installation:

If you put this fix in Downloads folder, Celebration wedding arch will bear annoying custom star in thumbnail pic, and the delete button will be enabled.
Put it here to avoid custom star and delete button:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP4\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects
(for Double Deluxe)

If your latest EP is patched FreeTime, you can put the fix here instead of StuffPack folder:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the filename. It is for ensuring that this fix is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

Credits:

Squinge for his community wedding hack
 Everyone who contributed to the development of SimPE

* LdDarcy_CommunityWeddingFix_Celeb.zip (1.85 KB - downloaded 1339 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 September 26, 06:18:37 by Lord Darcy » Logged

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Community Wedding Fix for Celebration Wedding Arch
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 15, 00:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for fixing this.  Grin
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 15, 09:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy, I knew you'd be able to fix this! Wink

Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 16, 14:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so very much!  You are AWESOME!

HugZ!
Cynarra

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 17, 09:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome.

Lilwen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 17, 13:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix.

Life! should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!'
LadyDragonair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 08, 19:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much now my sims have arch options
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 09, 16:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, FT (or BVp2) seems to have fixed this bug. I went to make a community lot wedding chapel, and put in the CS and base game arches. I had remembered the bug, and that I had forgotten to add this back in. I wanted to go test the lot before exiting the game...lo and behold, all arches had the option.  Shocked
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 10, 04:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, FT didn't fix this bug. This fix is not automatically uninstalled by CS uninstaller. You have to manually delete it. If you did a complete uninstall and reinstall, most likely this fix remained where it had been all along.

New EPs often don't even fix the objects from previous EPs, let alone from previous SPs. Unless EA releases a specific patch for Stuff Packs (like Family Fun Stuff Pack patch), you can safely assume that SP objects are not fixed by new EPs. The only stuff pack objects that FT updated are several Teen Style Stuff objects like computer and bookcases, on which they did such a sloppy job that I had to make an additional fix for it too.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 10, 05:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, this is in a new neighborhood. I am anal retentive about my Downloads folder and my main hood. Everyone here knows this. I never ever use my main hood or downloads with a new EP. I have a separate Windows account specifically for testing new EPs. It always starts with NO CC whatsoever, then gets the DC. I save my main hood to a different drive completely, uninstall CEP, SimPE, Scriptorium, etc., delete all existing EA folders in ALL My Documents, run a registry cleaner, and start with a fresh EA folder that the game generates. I can assure you that either BVp2 fixed it or FT. It is impossible for it to be anything else unless I have an exceptionally special game.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 10, 11:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't say anything about Program Files folder. Did you uninstall the Celebration stuff pack and delete your Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff folder completely? Or did you just make a new clean game in testing account, without uninstalling anything?

Because this fix is not supposed to go into Downloads folder in the first place. It should go to Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects, not the usual My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads. Your separate testing account will run the game from the same location as your main account. It just saves game in the different folder. Taking out your Downloads folder from your main account and making a vanilla game from your testing account will not remove this fix. You must go to the CS folder under the Program Files and manually delete it.

It certainly wasn't updated in MY game. When I disabled the fix, CS wedding arch lost the option. I looked at the CS wedding arch code after installing both BV patch and FT. The bug is still there, and the CS wedding arch is included neither in BV Overrides nor in FT Overrides.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 10, 12:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked it in-game and it is still broken (and the non-placeable-in-decra-chill celebration cakes are still broken too) EAxis definitely hasn't fixed this.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 10, 15:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! I completely forgot about that. No special game for me. Thanks for reminding me, and sorry for getting all huffy about it.
* Nec bangs head on desk
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 24, 00:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this mod in my celebration stuff pack and I tried it tonight and it does't work for me. I have all eps and stuff packs up to Freetime. This is suppose to work with Free time isn't it?

Yes, it does work with FT. I have all eps and stuff packs, too.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: