More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:17:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why Do Asian Vacation Sims all have the same Skills and Badges?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why Do Asian Vacation Sims all have the same Skills and Badges?  (Read 7240 times)
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Why Do Asian Vacation Sims all have the same Skills and Badges?
« on: 2008 February 13, 21:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the hood that I love with antiredundancy and other awesomeware, I've created my own vacation sims for each destination. The weird thing is, when I check their skills and badges, which is supposed to be empty, the Asian Vacation Sims all have gold gardening badges and high creativity skills. The other vacation sims, Mountain and Tropics have got zero badges & skills.

I thought something went wrong with my hacks. So I took out all MATY hacks, then tried adding the vacation hoods to Strangetown as a test. The same thing with the Asian Vacation Sims there, only they had some extra badges and skills. but the thing they all had in common was the ever-present gold gardening badge and very high creative skills.

Is this a normal thing? Or could there be some glitch that happened when I switched my sims from townies to vacation sims?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Why Do Asian Vacation Sims all have the same Skills and Badges?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 13, 22:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly when you make a CAS into a townie, the game is supposed to roll a random job level and skills and talent badges and whatnot. I never tested this myself. So I wouldn't know why the other vacation locals aren't getting skills and whatever.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 14, 07:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe cuz I custom made my sims before turning them into townies, then into vacation locals. So the game doesn't randomize the whole skills and badge thing, probably.

I just wanted to find out from other people, if their Asian Vacation Locals were also similar, in that they ALL had Gold Gardening Badge and high creative skill.

Would it mess up my game in any way if I went on SimPE to alter the skills and badges of the other Vacation Sims: Mountain & Tropics, seeing that they don't have any at all?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 14, 18:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't. I think it's actually the reason why you can edit it in SimPe, since you can do playables in game if you want.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 14, 20:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice the same thing.  I guess asians are good at gardening.  All thise bonsai trees...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 15, 05:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my CAS maded locals have not any skills,but Asia locals have Bronze Gardening badges and Mountain locals Bronze fishing badges.
Also if they have not appropriate tokens for tai-chi,greets and dances they will become uselell in game.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 15, 11:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fishing badges might be caused by walking around doiing some acrual fishing.  There are lots of fishing ponds in the mountain lots.
I had to manually add greeting tokens and lokal dances to my custom locals, but I seem to remember someone making a fix for it, right after I was done.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 15, 11:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be Argon.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 15, 14:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a tute for making CAS folks into townies? I'd like to replace some fugly.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 15, 14:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a tute for making CAS folks into townies? I'd like to replace some fugly.

Look in one of the many "how to create a custom neigbourhood" threads in the pesantry.  There are may methods, and all of them are easy.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 15, 15:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello all,

I managed to get my sims to go on a vacation at Three Lakes, and yes, the locals work fine. I'm loving them, since I dressed and named them appropriately. and no fugly. i noticed that the mountain locals dont have any skills and badges, not even fishing badges that someone mentioned they should have. oh well.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 15, 16:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you made your locals in CAS and coverted them with a "Make Me a Townie" and "Make Me a Vaction Local" they shouldn't have skills or badge points. Only random townies/locals created via the random townie gun will have random jobs, skills, and badge points.

CAS townies need to be editted via SimPe to give them jobs, skills, and badge points.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 15, 18:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAS townies need to be editted via SimPe to give them jobs, skills, and badge points.

Not exactly.  If you want them to have a specific skill badge, skill level, or specific career, then yes.  I create all my townies and the game randomly (trans. somehow) assigns them a career and skills.

For example, in my MATY hood, simKutto is in the army.  Townie PhyllisP was a "friend from work" that he brought home.  I did not set any career for her or skills, but she is, from her dress, obviously a more high ranking military officer than simKutto (playable).  So the game does assign some skills/careers itself even for CAS townies.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 15, 19:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies are randomly assigned a job, and will be given the skills and friends required for that job.  This goes for custom townies as well.  If the sim already had a bunch of skill, it will keep those when turned into a townie.  My custom townies sometimes end up with memories they shouldn't have (usually college related), and after having been townies for a while, some of their old memories might fall out.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 17, 21:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought townies were supposed to be assigned random badges. Does this only happen to previously existing townies when you install Seasons/OFB, and not to newly generated townies once the EPs have been installed? Or is this a result of the townie/teleporter shrub not supporting the new functions of the EPs?

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 17, 21:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought townies were supposed to be assigned random badges. Does this only happen to previously existing townies when you install Seasons/OFB, and not to newly generated townies once the EPs have been installed? Or is this a result of the townie/teleporter shrub not supporting the new functions of the EPs?

I thought badges were supposed to be assigned randomly as well, but none of my non-playables have ever been given one regardless of how they were spawned. I used the NPC gun to create my Townies and Downtownies and Inge's teleporter to turn CAS Sims into Dormies and none of them have any badge points at all. I created my own Vacationers and used Argon's fix to convert them to locals and tourists but I haven't actually looked to see what skills and badges they may have. It has always irked me that friends, skills, and jobs were given to the non-playables but not talent badges. I figured the original Townies had them retro-fitted in with Seasons, but you were on your own if you spawned your own.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 19, 01:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that Prima is the most reliable of sources, but the official BV guide says all Takemizu locals have high creativity and golden gardening badges. But it also says Twikkii locals should have high charisma, outgoing and playful, and that Three Lakes locals have high body skills and maxed fishing badges.

The actual list says:

"Takemizu Local Simology:
High Creativity Skill
High Nice
High Neat
Gold Gardening Badge
Disliked Gesture: Mountain
Increased Relationship Requirements for Kiss socials
Increased Relationship Gains from Gift social
Increased Relationship losses from Irritate and Prank socials"

Hope this helped
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 February 19, 02:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked and that seems to be true for the locals in my game. Some of them don't have a lot of skill points, but the body skill is the highest for all the Three Lakes locals and charisma is the highest for all the Twikkii locals as well. I'd still like it if I didn't have to train all of the Townies and Downtownies myself.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: