More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:27:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bodyshop Crashes When Loading
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop Crashes When Loading  (Read 4926 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Bodyshop Crashes When Loading
« on: 2008 February 13, 01:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just when I learned how to use Bodyshop to replace sim facial files, the blasted program stopped working! It won't load! It churns for a while and then generates the following singularly unhelpful, un-diagnostic message: "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."

It worked fine yesterday. I haven't added content since then. I have attached a sample error log (there are several, but they seem pretty similar, near as I can tell...). There are also several mdmp files which I can't upload here.

* TS2BodyShop 2008.02.12 18.23.22.txt (4.82 KB - downloaded 157 times.)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Bodyshop Crashes When Loading
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 13, 03:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a file called 'cigen.package' in your "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" directory.  That's used by Bodyshop, and it can get corrupted and cause all kinds of problems.  Delete it and see if Bodyshop runs.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 13, 04:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a file called 'cigen.package' in your "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" directory.  That's used by Bodyshop, and it can get corrupted and cause all kinds of problems.  Delete it and see if Bodyshop runs.

That was the first thing I tried. Didn't help. I also pulled my Saved Sim folder, just in case there was a duplicate or corrupt file there...still no help.

Edited to add info.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 13, 05:45:22 by croiduire » Logged

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 13, 14:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried removing the download folder? Even if you haven't added anything since last it worked, something might have gone corrupted since then.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 13, 16:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to bring you bad news, but there's a chance SimPE may have randomly corrupted some resources inside your edited packages.

I first noticed this once while editing some skin files, where SimPe would show an error box while opening some of the property sets that I had edited. This would also make BodyShop crash when starting.

So far I haven't been able to determine what's causing this, therefore my advice is to keep your backups at hand. Tongue
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 18, 23:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, even without downloads or saved sims, the program crashes. Is it possible this is in some way arr-related?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 18, 23:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, even without downloads or saved sims, the program crashes. Is it possible this is in some way arr-related?

Doubtful, unless it didn't work from the beginning after the arr-ed install. If it worked after a new ep and then stopped working a little while later it is probably something you have done in the meantime. Have you tried replacing the bodyshop.exe with a new one? Can you open up your arred copy and pull the body shop exe from there?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 20, 22:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried replacing the bodyshop.exe with a new one? Can you open up your arred copy and pull the body shop exe from there?

Just tried. Didn't help. Still crashing with the loading bar at the 1/3 mark.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 22, 01:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen to me because of a corrupted savedsim file. Body shop and the CAS would both crash. So I started deleting things, working backwards in chronological order (until around the the problem seemed to start). This solved the problem.

My current problem is that bodyshop won't load at all. I have no idea why. It won't even give an error message. Just... nothing.

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 22, 02:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe BV Body Shop is just very fickle? When I still had BV installed Body Shop eventually started crashing on startup every time. I moved my downloads out and never had anything in the SavedSims folder. It didn't make a difference. I deleted the usual suspects and still got the crash. But if I restarted my computer right after that and ran Body Shop first thing, it would work. It made no sense.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 22, 03:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the latest patch on my test system, and I noticed that Body Shop is updated in the patch.  Maybe it's a fix for whatever your problem is?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: