More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 14:43:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dumping Trash in the Toilet?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dumping Trash in the Toilet?  (Read 5616 times)
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Dumping Trash in the Toilet?
« on: 2008 February 12, 13:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd been playing Dawson Piltdown,  my Pleasantview Bigfoot for awhile., in that tiny  Pleasantview 2x2 house off in the woods. I decided he wasn't going to be allowed a gardener or a maid, and have to sleep outside because I hate him. The house has no separate trashcan or garbage disposal, just a sink and the curbside can for cleanup purposes

Anyway, Hepzibah Wormwood (A Teen Sim that I think I initially made to cause strife and unrest amongst the teen townies came by and kicked the trashcan over.  I presume she'd been doing this before; however, this time I managed to catch her in the act, had Mr. Piltdown  greet her, and Influence her to Clean. She agreed.

She scooped up the trash that was lying beside her, and ran into the house, entered the bathroom,  and, with the bag tucked between her legs, began emptying it into the toilet, with a slightly disturbing animation.

http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=movie122ju0.flv

I'm just wondering if anybody else has seen this before.  Admittedly, I've never run a house with no other trashcan or compactor before,  where someone had  clean up a garbage mess with a still-kicked-over trashcan.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: Dumping Trash in the Toilet?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 12, 14:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's really creepy & cool. I wonder what the animation is like when using the shrub toilet from cs?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 12, 14:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did this cause the toilet to need 'unclogging'?
If so, that's rather funny, almost as though she was getting back at him for making her clean up!

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 12, 15:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this before, when the trashcan was kicked over and the cat had destroyed the bin. The maid did the same thing. I had just put macrotastics in the game though and thought it had something to do with that Cheesy I haven't seen it since though.

ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 12, 17:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The animation's a bit half arsed though. I wonder if this action was left in game by mistake.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
gravatik
Tasty Tourist

Abe Vigoda is still alive.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 12, 19:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think when there's nowhere to put the garbage, the game basically forgets about it, and the bag stays stuck in the sim's hand slot.  Then they go off to clean the terlet, and the bag gets removed when the game would normally delete the toilet brush.  More a side-effect of EAxian negligence than a feature...
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 12, 19:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think when there's nowhere to put the garbage, the game basically forgets about it, and the bag stays stuck in the sim's hand slot.  Then they go off to clean the terlet, and the bag gets removed when the game would normally delete the toilet brush.  More a side-effect of EAxian negligence than a feature...

Oh yeah... it does look like the toilet cleaning animation! D'oh.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 12, 21:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah... it does look like the toilet cleaning animation! D'oh.

Too bad, should have known better. Here I was starting to think, that someone working on the game, was more amusing then we give them credit for.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 13, 07:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, I thought I was the only one! But yeah, like gravatik said. Somehow the action to throw the bag into the wastebasket, or the can outside is interrupted, and macrostatics instantly queues washing the toilet bowl... but they keep the bag in hand and the brush doesn't appear. So it looks like that. But not true that it happens when there's no can or something... this occurs when they're interrupted (like a sim blocking their way, or something.) The usual reaction is to just throw the garbage on the floor, but macrostatics doesn't allow them to, and it gets stuck as they do other things.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 13, 12:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Well, then. Mystery Solved.  Thank ye all kindly.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 13, 15:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank ye all kindly.

Thanks for sharing your amusing and somewhat disturbing FLV with us.  Tongue

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 14, 07:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought macrotastics queued the emptying trash LAST? weird... but funny vid lol

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: