More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 06:54:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Empty string error has me at loose ends
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty string error has me at loose ends  (Read 5041 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Empty string error has me at loose ends
« on: 2008 February 10, 23:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Approximately 3 or 4 days ago, I started getting seemingly random "animation name is empty string" errors. I've tried binary search and thought I had it singled out, but of course then it happens again. Bah. Attached is log. Here are the details.
  • So far has never happened to a playable. Happens on townies of adult, young adult, and elder life stage. Haven't had children and teen townies around to test.
  • Happens on both community and home lots. Happens in both uni and base neighborhoods.

The attached log should show the error occurring on a townie (young adult on community lot) named Ed.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 12, 00:47:10 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Empty string error has me at loose ends
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 11, 12:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get exactly the same type of errors, related to that function. It appears to be random, and has happened a few times with playables.

The only thing in common with all errors are the last three frames: 'Function - Along Route' -> 'Route-by greeting' -> 'Route-by greeting - Play Overlay Anim'

Within last week, I've added all the csconv stuff, and the FFS updates for Seasons.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 11, 16:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And did it just start this week on your end? I'm almost wondering if an earlier version of one of the Stories files might have done something awful to the wave greeting (like overwriting and a later version removed it?). I noticed that line as well, and now that I think of it I don't believe I've seen any sim wave at another. The sim I've been playing is in college and living alone. Except for one party, his only visitor has been the llama mascot...for which he has a deep-seated hatred since the llama is not the mascot of PU yet he comes in without so much as asking. My point: he has no one to wave at.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 11, 17:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have an issue with the lean to shelter, but that was quickly fixed on Feb 7th.

This one appeared after that on Feb 9th - while playing a business lot, customers would reset while getting towards the cash register. Yesterday another batch of errors happened on a Uni lot (actually one of your PU lots, thanks for that one btw Grin)

Edit: I didn't mentioned it before, but I've installed the latest dizzy's hacks, do you also have them?
« Last Edit: 2008 February 11, 19:10:23 by Theo » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 11, 19:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no dizzy hacks. I just have Pescado's plus a few from Inge, TJ, one of Argon's nekkid mods, and a couple from MTS2 I've had since the beginning of time (aka Seasons). All should be up to date, I just checked stuff a couple of weeks ago and like I said....binary search led me to absolutely no culprit. I'd suspected corefunc (Stories rip) but without it I still got the errors. Plus, no Stories objects were on the lots I've been playing.

Did happen at two PU lots (the community ones: one I have set up as a bookstore/coffee shop and the other as a gym & spa...actually those were the worst but then I have my game set to bring up to 30 sims to a community lot and they were packed), plus at The Furnished Abode and The Furnished Abode -Kids (owned retail shops in Prospect Beach proper). I haven't tested Dance! (bandatron club in Prospect Beach proper) but honestly don't see why anything should be different. It looks like an animation file is missing to me, but then I can read error logs only slightly better than I can read Mandarin.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 12, 00:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see something about an "ML Postcard Rack". I have no idea what that is, but it sure as hell ain't Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 14, 04:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? Any ideas? I haven't been able to stand playing the game since Saturday.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 14, 05:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stack Object name: Cash Register
It seems to me the culprit is the cash register.
Are you using Numenor hacked cashregister or any other hacked cash register?
I can smell a possible conflict.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 14, 06:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. No cash register hacks.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 14, 10:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to play undisturbed after removing the csconv folder. The oddest about this is that I couldn't find any function that would mess with that routing stuff.
One last question, have you installed BV?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 14, 16:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. All EPs. H&M stuff pack.

You know what I just realized, though? I may have tight pants. Oh, I would laugh so hard if I do and if that's the problem. Will check when I get home, but I suspect that I have cscorefunc both in my Objects/Stories folder and in Hacks.

EDIT: Yup. Tight pants. No more erroring. I did, however, revisit the bookstore/coffeeshop to test it, and after Dylan (fourth gen alien) was randomly felt up by a dormie, he and everyone else there proceeded to drink cup after cup of coffee. Almost got nausea from all the jittering.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 15, 01:30:09 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: