More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 15:23:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Trapped at the Double Palm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trapped at the Double Palm  (Read 3397 times)
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Trapped at the Double Palm
« on: 2008 January 30, 03:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I THINK that's the name of it, pretty sure, haven't played it today... but is anyone else having this problem? Every time I check my sims into the Double Palm Resort hotel whatever, they get trapped upstairs. I can't find any reason for it, but they simply won't go back down the steps. The only way I can get them out is to have them call a taxi to go somewhere, then they "poof" into the taxi. Very irritating, any ideas?

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
Re: Trapped at the Double Palm
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 31, 04:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to be sure which place it is first.. then go in under "build" mode and add new stairs, elevator or revamp/remodel w/o a 2nd floor?  Pre-made Eaxis houses/motels/hotels/lots are buggy or just don't "flow" right sometimes.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 04, 19:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, a lot of them are made with regular stairs instead of the modular stairs, so two sims can't use them at the same time.  I go through and replace them with modular stairs whenever I can.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 04, 23:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to be sure which place it is first.. then go in under "build" mode and add new stairs, elevator or revamp/remodel w/o a 2nd floor?  Pre-made Eaxis houses/motels/hotels/lots are buggy or just don't "flow" right sometimes.
Remember to use the changelotzoning cheat so you can use the build mode; save the lot, then exit the lot. Don't forgot to change the lot back to a hotel after you fix it.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 05, 16:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, a lot of them are made with regular stairs instead of the modular stairs, so two sims can't use them at the same time.  I go through and replace them with modular stairs whenever I can.

Now that's interesting. I don't like the regular stairs and so have never noticed that there is a difference between them and the modular stairs.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 09, 17:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember to use the changelotzoning cheat so you can use the build mode; save the lot, then exit the lot. Don't forgot to change the lot back to a hotel after you fix it.

Actually, you're better off using the dormbuild cheat -- there's apparently things that can go wrong wiht the changelotzoning trick, but the dormbuild cheat works just fine with hotels (I guess they borrowed a lot of the dorm code for them), and is probably safer.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: