More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:47:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Very very weird stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Very very weird stuff  (Read 3029 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Very very weird stuff
« on: 2005 October 25, 01:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was happily playing my own neighbourhood last night and it has just one family in it. I decided to send my couples teenage daughter to uni but I hadn't attached a uni yet. So I got a message saying that I can't send my sim until a uni is attachedto my neighbourhood from the neighbourhood view. No probs.

So I went back to the neighbourhood view, selected a uni and the game went through its normal process. When the uni neighbourhood view came up - well thats when my game went bonkers. The screen started flashing, trees and neighbourhood decorations went really weird colours and the game basically shat itself, my computer crashed and it happened again once I rebooted and started the game again.

Never had a problem really with my game in the past. I had downloaded a pile of stuff from Relexsims just prior but I have never had a problem with Relex's things in the past.

I have NL.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Any answers for me?

sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Very very weird stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 25, 01:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me once after I installed NL. I had sent a sim to Uni and wanted to switch from downtown to playing my campus neighbourhood. It seemed to load but then the control panel started flashing up on the blue load screen and the game froze then crashed. It also totally screwed up my desktop settings so that the wallpaper appeared to have melted and the half the icons were missing! Restarting the pc was the only way I could sort that out. Ive since been able to switch neighbourhoods without issue but Ive never found out what caused the problem. Huh However, my in game graphics do appear to be screwed in general at the moment.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 25, 01:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The picture that you described of your desktop was how the Uni neighbourhood screen looked. Half the icons showed, the screen seemed to "melt". It was like my video card just exploded. I could select any of the icons that I could see. I can't rememeber which uni it was. It was one that I haven't played before. Not the desert one or Sim state but the other. I will try to attached another uni tonight. See what happens.

sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 25, 01:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking about it, it was the first time Id played uni after installing NL so maybe thats a factor. Also i think id ctrl-alt-deleted once the load screen started spazzing out and had pretty much forced the game to crash which may explain why it screwed up my desktop rather than the neighbourhood view itself. You may have guessed mind you that Im not chock full of technical know how!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 25, 02:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL, and play only Academie Le Tour (the third one you don't remember it's name), in a custom neighbourhood - nothing wrong happens to me, I still play there.

I think that the "logic" of the game was mixed, when you first play the old neighbourhood, and only then choose a college; you have first to choose a college, and only then play the hood.
The reason I think so is, that when first you enter a hood, you are asked to choose a college, then downtown - and only then play the hood.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: