More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:49:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Trailer trash/ Chav names
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trailer trash/ Chav names  (Read 88426 times)
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Trailer trash/ Chav names
« Reply #75 on: 2008 February 17, 22:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, it really does look like a tryndeighfied spelling of Aisling. ^^ Even if it's not. Wink

(Poor male magic user!)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 February 17, 22:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about being a nerd around here, just hop on over to the thread entitled "do dragons have bewbies?", you will feel better.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 February 18, 01:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to leave that thread and not look back.
* Ellatrue vomits

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 February 18, 10:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to leave that thread and not look back.
* Ellatrue vomits

Oh, good, I'm not the only one. It got too Furry / Otherkinny in there at some point and my defense mechanisms kicked in and suggested I bail before I said something I might regret. After all, other people were enjoying it. Smiley

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 February 18, 10:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm now going to hide under my mac for being such a nerdile dweeb and making public admission of the origin of the name.
You're on a site for a video game. That sort of thing is par for the course. And remember: Jesus saves, everyone else takes 5d20 damage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 February 18, 12:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!
You have a very, very, very good point, Pescado. That's the first time I've heard you say something that sounds normal, too!
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 February 18, 15:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the span of this entire thread you people have managed to insult my mother and quite a few of my friends and/or acquaintances.  All of whom are otherwise intelligent people.

So, fuck the whole lot of you.  Tongue

Trepie, as a representative from the glorious south, I share your sentiment, but I have to take issue with your wording. The correct phrasing, I believe, is, "Fuck all ya'll.".

On the names issue, if someone didn't mention it already, it used to be popular to somehow use the father or mother's name for children. In my Womrat Bottoms neighborhood, I have the Trashe' family. Father's name is Reggie Bob, mother is Lurlene, so the kids are Reggietta, Lurl Bob, Bobene, etc.
Some from my family tree(and it is forked): Gurline and Pearline(twins), Lounette, Iva Levada, Viuada(pronounced Vi-u-da) and my favorite, Francis Arabella Martha Marinda Lucinda Clementine. The last one was given because the family didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so they used every family member's name suggestion.

Had to modify-I meant to mention to Ellatrue that my great-grandmother's name was Ella(they ruined it by calling her "Eller"), and it's my sister's middle name.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 February 18, 17:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My middle name's Eleanor and I have been called Ella before, lol Wink

The best case of twin naming I have ever encountered was Elizabeth and Lizabeth. They were both young kids in an American school and their yearbook only mentioned one of them, thinking that the second was the same one. Poor kid.
And also, Amelia, whose daughters were Ame and Lia.

lol, poor Francis. She got a boy's name instead of a girl's name. The female form of Francis is Frances. ^^ Though, admittedly, Arabella, Lucinda and Clementine are beautiful names.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 February 18, 17:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though, admittedly, Arabella, Lucinda and Clementine are beautiful names.

Individually, yes. String them all together and they're a good title for a children's book, but tough to walk through life with.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 February 18, 19:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too am in the south, I had forgotten all about parental naming, which is funny, because I am named after my father, Christopher. My mother and her two half sisters are named after her father, his name is Joesph, they are Joanna, Jonelle, and Jody.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 February 18, 19:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of reminds me of a former Chancellor of the Exchequer who had three daughters named respectively Thomasina, Nigella and Horatia. Sort of get the idea he wanted sons?

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 February 18, 21:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to say, I kind of like names that are based on nouns or adverbs, etc, and actually have a meaning in English, unless it's something ridiculous, like Chastity. I think it indicates something good, a more natural trend toward the naming of children. I mean, isn't it kind of odd, culturally, to pay more attention to the sound of the name than the meaning of a name? I like names like Grace, Faith, Clementine and Jasper. I think virtue names are kind of nice, and I think most of them aren't unduly burdensome, just a nice reference--so long as you don't name your child something like Patience or Chastity.

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 February 18, 21:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Apple. And I say this as a mac-user.

Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 February 19, 12:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to say, I kind of like names that are based on nouns or adverbs, etc, and actually have a meaning in English, unless it's something ridiculous, like Chastity. I think it indicates something good, a more natural trend toward the naming of children. I mean, isn't it kind of odd, culturally, to pay more attention to the sound of the name than the meaning of a name? I like names like Grace, Faith, Clementine and Jasper. I think virtue names are kind of nice, and I think most of them aren't unduly burdensome, just a nice reference--so long as you don't name your child something like Patience or Chastity.

I encountered a Charity the other day. Her mother was yelling at her. I came home, laughed, and told my mum, who went, "Ooh! That's a lovely, pretty name!" *headdesk*
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 February 19, 18:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I heard someone yelling, 'Chariteee', in the street I would be so tempted to yell, 'Faith, Hope' back to them.   Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 February 19, 22:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Apple. And I say this as a mac-user.

PROTIP: Never take Baby Naming cues from celebrities. It's like a crucial part of the brain gets fried the minute your picture shows up in "People,"  Hello," "OK," or "Us".

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 February 19, 23:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hollywood has always seemed to me like a very destructive sort of place, for celebrities. I honestly wonder how any of them can manage to stay sane. Can you imagine being in the spotlight like that, all the time?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 February 20, 00:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, the puritans in England and New England sometimes named their children using some phrase or proverb, such as "Fight-the-good-fight-of-faith," "Kill-sin," and (my personal favourite) "Fly-fornication."  (All boys' names, apparently).  Try going to kindergarten with one of those.

Terry Pratchett did not just make this up.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 February 20, 01:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a feeling that he hadn't. I had hoped that I was wrong.
I rather liked the naming of the Carters.
Hope, Chastity, Prudence and Charity. Anger, Jealousy, Covetousness, Deviousness and Bestiality.

Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 February 20, 11:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly enough, I think some of those might sound attractive to tryndees who don't know what a dictionary is...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 February 20, 16:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My family passes down middle names. I have the same middle name as my mom, my sister has the same middle name as an aunt, and my other sis has the same middle name as her father. All names, have been passed down several generations. My great-grandmother has the same middle name as myself as well.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 February 20, 16:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a feeling that he hadn't. I had hoped that I was wrong.
I rather liked the naming of the Carters.
Hope, Chastity, Prudence and Charity. Anger, Jealousy, Covetousness, Deviousness and Bestiality.

lol.  I had forgotton those.  I toy with the idea of running a 'hood of sims with names like that - "Visit-the-ungodly-with-explanatory-pamphlets Gilscarbo", "Get-thee-behind-me-Satan Thayer" and such.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 February 20, 19:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  I had forgotton those.  I toy with the idea of running a 'hood of sims with names like that - "Visit-the-ungodly-with-explanatory-pamphlets Gilscarbo", "Get-thee-behind-me-Satan Thayer" and such.

I keep meaning to, I toyed with Mim's medieval templates a bit, but never seriously got into the hood. The desire to do a Discworld associated hood keeps coming back to the front of my mind when I'm getting bored though.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 February 20, 21:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... The desire to do a Discworld associated hood keeps coming back to the front of my mind when I'm getting bored though.

Now *that* sounds like a fun 'hood to play. Like, an Ankh-Morpork base with a "Bluewater" Ramtops addition, a Downtown Shades, Unseen University... running Vimes through the PD while trying not to get promoted... Vetinari for Mayor... and I'd pay many bucks to see Granny Weatherwax give Crumplebottom what-for. Hell, I just might try this!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: