More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:02:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oh bloody hell!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh bloody hell!  (Read 24928 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Oh bloody hell!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 February 05, 21:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssst. It's not a bug, it's the game stupid number generator constantly throwing twins instead of single births. The only things in game that causes twins is cheesecake and the supposed twin token.

If the odds for twins are 1 in 10, then 10 twins in a row would be about 1 in 10 billion? (Apologies if this is English major math.) Or are you saying that because the random number generator is messed up that the odds for twins sometimes get stuck at closer to 100%?

This happened to me before the cheesecake thing. Because the death was a result of bug and it happened close to the conception of twins, it seemed likely that this caused the twins randomizer to get stuck somehow.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 February 06, 16:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not caused by a bug. The game uses a sadorandom number generator. As is the case ith sadorandom, sometimes you get streaks of the same number. This stuff is explained in the War Room. USUALLY the only bug that pops up because of sim death while pregnant happens when you resurrect said sim and they are forever stuck as pregnant. At least, I have never heard of a sim death affecting other sim's pregnancies. Unless you are looking for an excuse for the sadorandom generator spewing out twin births. It just happens. I promise.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 February 06, 18:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have, with TJ's mod, quad odds set to either 2% or 1%. A couple of months ago, I had a streak of three quad births in a row. Lately, my results have been what I'd expect...in the last, say, fourteen births I've had twins once with no triplets or quads. This is good, since I'm trying to keep Prospect Beach small for the foreseeable future. Fourth gen had only three spawn, at one point all under the same roof but about to split.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 February 07, 01:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I'll take the puppy killer comments as read - I'm a cat person, OK?).

It's kitten killer, not puppy killer. Only in the world of a Mac user does Moar RAM = Moar Twins. Use TJ's mod as stated, and just set quads and trips to 1 percent. This continues to show Ayshlyn's lack of intelligence.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 February 07, 03:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If MOAR ram meant more twins I'd stick with my measly 512.  I have enough twins thanx.  BTW, silliest thing I ever heard.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 07, 03:29:50 by Dea » Logged

ISFJ
Ephraim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 February 07, 03:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kitten killer, not puppy killer.
Kitten killer = InTeen.

Puppy killer = InSim.

They are not the same.

I personally use Insim for this, and know it to work (I'll take the puppy killer comments as read - I'm a cat person, OK?).
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 February 07, 04:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kitten killer, not puppy killer.
Kitten killer = InTeen.

Puppy killer = InSim.

They are not the same.

I personally use Insim for this, and know it to work (I'll take the puppy killer comments as read - I'm a cat person, OK?).

Thank you.

@ Snake - sometimes other people actually know what they (we) are talking about.  LURK MOAR!
« Last Edit: 2008 February 07, 04:54:54 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 February 07, 05:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only in the world of a Mac user does Moar RAM = Moar Twins.

You're just as stupid as Ayshat if you think she somehow magically represents all Mac users.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 February 08, 02:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're just as stupid as Ayshat if you think she somehow magically represents all Mac users.

My point proven, unless of course you were trying to call her an asshat or something? Also maybe I misread it?
« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 02:20:35 by Snake » Logged
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 February 08, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well done there, editing your post after your brain manages to click.

You don't look like a moron at all now...

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 February 08, 02:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fine so I made a mistake.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 February 08, 05:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My point proven, unless of course you were trying to call her an asshat or something? Also maybe I misread it?

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 February 09, 22:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear me. Such nastiness. I'm not claiming it is the direct fault of the mac. I was just asking.

Surely a more powerful machine might generate random events more often?, A pair of processors with lots of memory? Surely this is plausible cause of randomised events happening more frequently?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 February 10, 00:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely a more powerful machine might generate random events more often?, A pair of processors with lots of memory? Surely this is plausible cause of randomised events happening more frequently?

I hope that was irony.
If not I better go play some on-line poker with my 4GB RAM, since that will give me more straight flushes.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 February 10, 00:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thing has 6GB RAM. Surely more memory shifts the odds somewhat?

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 February 10, 00:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes Yeah. Add another couple of gigabytes, and go find some online lottery.
alya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 February 10, 01:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ayslhyn, you say moronic things, get snarked at, bitch about it in other threads , get snarked at again, repeatedly, and then keep coming back for more?!

All I have to say is, wow.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 February 10, 01:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  More RAM will help make sure your computer runs the game at all, and will reduce lag.  It will not do anything to change the way the game calculates odds.  My 1Gig will do it in the same way as your 6Gig, maybe just not as fast.  Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 February 10, 02:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear me. Such nastiness. I'm not claiming it is the direct fault of the mac.

No, you were claiming it was the direct fault of thehusband.  It never pays to touch a woman's computer. 

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 February 10, 03:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, like my mother's retarded, wannabe boyfriend, who gave my computer an "upgrade" when I was 11 that destroyed the thing. The computer I had built with my dad, mind you.

No, it never pays to touch a woman's computer, because more often than not you're just an ass who knows bullshit and will only FUCK EVERYTHING UP.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 February 10, 04:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really aren't grasping what "random" means, I think.

This makes about as much sense as thinking that spraypainting your computer red and giving it "go fast" detail stickers will improve your bandwidth speeds.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 February 10, 04:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes about as much sense as thinking that spraypainting your computer red and giving it "go fast" detail stickers will improve your bandwidth speeds.

Now that's just silly.  Everyone knows you need a skull grate over the PSU fan and lots and lots of LEDs to do that.  Blue ones are OK, but the red ones are fastest.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 February 10, 05:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear me. Such nastiness. I'm not claiming it is the direct fault of the mac. I was just asking.

I think the general consensus is no.
However, I have always had an annoying proportion of twins in my game. I now believe it must be due to the shiny Apple sticker I slapped onto the side of my beat up 'ol Dell. Coincidence? I think not!

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 February 10, 10:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really aren't grasping what "random" means, I think.

Or how computers work...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 February 10, 19:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Random events do not happen more often because your computer is more powerful. They happen disportionately often because your computer hates you. Your computer hates you because ALL computers hate you. That's all there is to it. Have you ever pissed off the DM, then had bad things mysteriously keep happening to your character? Same idea.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: