More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:49:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 190756 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 July 17, 10:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have a question, since every time a kid goes to public school get I get a minus 10 points , does that mean i should have the sim kids skipping school until i get him/her into private school? but then the  grades are gonna drop and i get penalty for that instead.
so how is it possible to get perfect score?
Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #26 on: 2005 July 17, 10:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LordHellscream, you must invite the headmaster on the day the toddles ages. I usually wait until the afternoon of his last day as a toddler, grow him/her up and invite the HM. Or you could time it so that they grow up on a weekend.

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 July 17, 11:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a general rule of thumb, there's a window of optimal conception for sim-children, beginning Wednesday 1800 and running until approximately early Friday morning. Children conceived within this window, and aged immediately out of the baby stage the moment the option is available (you can use the Automated Baby Controller, while holding the baby at the appropriate time, to do this without the annoyance of a finicky and unreliable cake), will be able to enjoy a full 4 day toddler period for maximum skill gain opportunities, and transition to childhood automatically during a weekend with at least one day to spare for the Headmaster. Otherwise, you're going to have to shortchange things by aging via cake or Grow Up sometime after 1000 on the last day. This means you'll immediately lose a day of childhood as the clock will increment again at 1800 that same day. Not such a good deal.

So remember: Wednesday night to Friday morning. That's the time to try for babies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #28 on: 2005 July 17, 11:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried this challenge twice and now feel utterly indaequate cos I haven't figured out a way to make a female sim who doesn't have accidents.  Huh

There are several ways to avoid it.

1. Keep them in gold or platinum and Energize as needed.
2. Get them to at least 3 Logic points so they can meditate. This works well to have them hold off until work. *Especially helpful during pregnancy!
3. Have them change jobs a lot so they go to work every day.
4. If they are sloppy enough, they'll pee in the shower. Buy the expensive shower and have them workout first to get hygiene as low as possible.
5. Acquire a ghost. Be careful, though. That's how I accidentally killed my last one.
Alvaron
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #29 on: 2005 July 17, 19:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Get them to at least 3 Logic points so they can meditate. This works well to have them hold off until work. *Especially helpful during pregnancy!
4. If they are sloppy enough, they'll pee in the shower. Buy the expensive shower and have them workout first to get hygiene as low as possible.
5. Acquire a ghost. Be careful, though. That's how I accidentally killed my last one.

What, Reggikko, no dumpster diving? That's pretty dirty business and my female child does that instead of running the obstacle course if her fun bar is full.

Old Texan Proverb: engage brain before engaging fingers.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 July 17, 23:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, Reggikko, no dumpster diving? That's pretty dirty business and my female child does that instead of running the obstacle course if her fun bar is full.

My founder brought Lazlo Curious home from work. After a while, Lazlo went and ate out of the trash. Too bad he's:

1. Male
2. A Playable character

He'd have been a perfect mate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 July 18, 01:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could still use him as a genetic donor...well, except for his overwhelming laziness. That's not really such a great trait.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 July 18, 09:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah! Add lack of imagination to feelings of inadequacy.  Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 July 18, 09:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh,heh. Add me to that category!
But, isn't this why we join such forums aka imagination/ideas/knowledge collectives?

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 July 18, 10:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could still use him as a genetic donor...well, except for his overwhelming laziness. That's not really such a great trait.

Hmm...I could tie that in with both my plans for a second Email family in Strangetown and my upcoming Curious "Legacy". Great idea.
YYZdnl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 July 25, 20:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like burning toaster pastries.  One burning toaster, and everyone in the household are ready for a shower.
PresentTense
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 July 28, 06:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, Homestar Runner. What would we do without it?

This challenge looks amusing to say the least. I'll give it a try the next time I get a chance to play the game.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 July 30, 00:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first chapter of my Email Challenge is up on the Exchange. http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=45028

Fun stuff, so go read it! Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 July 30, 01:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome story...Smiley. Please give us chapter 2 soon. Rated you 5-stars...Smiley.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 July 30, 03:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome story...Smiley. Please give us chapter 2 soon. Rated you 5-stars...Smiley.

Thanks, Gali. I'm working on it. The twins are kids now. John had to encourage sloppiness in Joseph, but both boys will pee on the money tree. HUZZAH! Smiley John is about to become an elder.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 July 30, 05:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great story, how did you make the foundation (Well, not exactly the foundation but the "thing" that serves the same purpose.) so high?
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 July 30, 05:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loved your story can't wait for chapter 2.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 July 30, 08:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great story, how did you make the foundation (Well, not exactly the foundation but the "thing" that serves the same purpose.) so high?

You can raise an area of the lot using the terrain tool, then start your foundation or deck on the high spot and just drag it out as usual. 8 clicks of the terrain tool is double the height of the regular foundation. Or if the terrain os already uneven, just start on a high point or slope. Actually, I wound up redoing the whole lot because there is a hill behind it and it was irritating trying to get the right perspective for the pictures. The Waterloos are ground-dwellers now.  Grin

And thanks to you and Katze. Glad you liked the story!
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 July 30, 12:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great story reggikko, and you were right, it was built for the challenge.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 July 30, 12:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amusing story. But actually, it's not true that your sim cannot use a toilet while being an uncontrolled visitor at another lot. That's not actually in the ruleset, since your sim isn't controllable, and thus you don't really influence this.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 July 30, 22:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amusing story. But actually, it's not true that your sim cannot use a toilet while being an uncontrolled visitor at another lot. That's not actually in the ruleset, since your sim isn't controllable, and thus you don't really influence this.

Ah, I'll be sure to correct that. I thought the rule stating if they use a toilet at any time would also cover that situation. Glad you were amused, at least.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 July 30, 22:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I'll be sure to correct that. I thought the rule stating if they use a toilet at any time would also cover that situation. Glad you were amused, at least.  Tongue
They can't use one at any time they're playable and thus being tracked. Since you don't control them as visitors, what they do there is out of your control: You can't accidentally disqualify yourself if you're playing a non-email family, and one of them shows up as a community lot visitor and uses a toilet. That would simply be unfair, since what they do there has no real influence on the challenge.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 01, 00:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: reggiko
... Little Napoleon Waterloo...

JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 August 02, 21:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh flip! My Sim just gve birth to identical twin boys,I thought I had timed it right so that hubby would be there for the birth, but no he was an hour late (I forgot about the promotion). So she had her first "accident", she was so worried about taking care of the babies she just wouldn't use the Energizer.  Never mind, I have no intention of loosing this family, so I'll just have to be more careful next time.

Joan
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 August 03, 04:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh flip! My Sim just gve birth to identical twin boys,I thought I had timed it right so that hubby would be there for the birth, but no he was an hour late (I forgot about the promotion). So she had her first "accident", she was so worried about taking care of the babies she just wouldn't use the Energizer.  Never mind, I have no intention of loosing this family, so I'll just have to be more careful next time.

Joan

Well that sucks. My twins are teens. Joseph has all skills maxed and has qualified for all necessary scholarships. LTW achieved. I'm basically having him stargaze all night while he waits for Napoleon to catch up (3 cleaning skill pts to go) and I'll send them both to University. Napoleon didn't have the sticky Smart Milk, so it's taking him a little longer. Once my founder became an elder, I had him encourage his wife from 6 neat points down to 0, so she's easier to manage now. Both the founder & wife have all skills maxed and fulfilled LTWs. The wife is due to become an elder in 2 days.

I still have a perfect score going.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: