More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:55:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 190103 times)
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #225 on: 2006 January 10, 20:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh ... I have to report I've failed.  I was unable to play for 3 weeks due to hardware problems and in the excitement of returning to play I recklessly decided to throw a birthday party for Zak.  For some reason I have never had a successful birthday party.  House parties and Weddding parties are always roof-raisers but birthday's always go wrong.  So I had avoided them on the email lot till now.  Sure enough ...  Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #226 on: 2006 January 11, 01:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado points and laughs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #227 on: 2006 January 11, 10:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and now you lose by EVEN more points....

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2006 January 11, 16:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a hard time getting started again after my last neighbourhood BFBVFS.  Undecided  Maybe I'll do the combined challenge, that oughtta keep me challenged for a bit.
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #229 on: 2006 May 29, 23:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presume it is legal to use the potty-training potty for toddlers, as there is no other way for them to do their business, and no other way to accomplish potty training...  Just wanted to verify before I started producing the little buggers...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2006 May 29, 23:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presume it is legal to use the potty-training potty for toddlers, as there is no other way for them to do their business, and no other way to accomplish potty training...  Just wanted to verify before I started producing the little buggers...
Yes, the toddler potty does not count as a terlet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 May 30, 05:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy! Necromancy! Tongue

Ahem. Well, it is. But since it's your site, I say go for it. Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2006 September 09, 03:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was inspired to make some community lots for this challenge. Take them or leave them, but I thought I would share.

Pool (no EP):
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=423045&asset_type=lot&user_id=1212206

Park (needs NL):
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147254

Flea Market:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=423043&asset_type=lot&user_id=1212206

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2006 September 09, 04:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice. It's so hard to make attractive email lots, although the awnings make it more possible to have things that look like buildings.

simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2006 September 28, 22:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to give this challenge a try yesterday.  Unfortunately, my founder rolled the "own 5 top-level buisnesses"  LTW.

Is there an email-legal way to open a business?  The open/closed sign appears to require a wall segment.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2006 September 28, 23:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

move_objects on is your friend.

I made a garden centre lot that had a fenced employee area, and I just used move_objects to stick the sign on the fence. Or rather, in the air above the fence. You get the idea.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 September 29, 10:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another way is to select the object and press Ctrl+Alt, then click where you want it.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2006 September 29, 23:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need a sign to run a business, just to close one.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 September 30, 00:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically true, but impractical. The really important thing is that you need to be able to put up the BRY sign.

simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 September 30, 01:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

move_objects on is your friend.

I made a garden centre lot that had a fenced employee area, and I just used move_objects to stick the sign on the fence. Or rather, in the air above the fence. You get the idea.

It did not occur to me that I could use moveobjects in such a devious way.  Thanks for the tip.

Now I wonder if loading up all relevant lots with snapdragons would defeat the purpose of the challenge...
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2006 September 30, 01:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I am surprised there has not been an OFB rule update.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2006 September 30, 01:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't I see a post by Pescado somewhere saying that OFB broke this challenge and Ethiopian?

EDIT: found the post.  It was about Ethiopian, but it could also be applied to E-Mail.

Ethiopian doesn't really translate to OFB at all, since OFB's content trivializes everything pre-OFB.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 September 30, 01:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why he doesn't just change the rules to outlaw snapdragons.

simokon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 September 30, 02:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd ban businesses, too.  Townies are so easy to swindle, you may as well consider running a business to be no more ethical than using a money cheat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2006 September 30, 02:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because I'm not terribly ban-happy. I'd rather just declare that a challenge has run its duration under a ruleset than to keep trying to shoehorn it into an expanded game in which it is no longer poses a challenge. You can play it under the old ruleset under the provision that it's not OFB-enabled at all, or consider that both of these challenges have lapsed.

I'd ban businesses, too.  Townies are so easy to swindle, you may as well consider running a business to be no more ethical than using a money cheat.
Well, money was never a shortcoming in either challenge, it's just not hard to maintain positive income when your options for expenditures are so drastically curtailed, but since I'm currently looking to expand the challenge to OFB, the use of OFB in the challenge is effectively taking it beyond its existing parameters.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2006 September 30, 06:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think snapdragons aside, the simple change that meditating sims don't experience aspiration decay makes the challenge ridiculously easy. When I was playing it pre OFB (and pre NL) it was a lot harder to keep sims happy enough to be able to use the energiser.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 March 15, 19:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, Necromancy and a double post, but I wanted to re-open the discussion of this challenge. Does Seasons make email interesting again, given that being outside can now be hazardous to your health?

If so, what modifications do the rules need?

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2007 March 15, 20:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Start in winter.  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 March 16, 18:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, Necromancy and a double post, but I wanted to re-open the discussion of this challenge. Does Seasons make email interesting again, given that being outside can now be hazardous to your health?
Well, lesse. OFB is what really put the nail into challenges in general, with that snapdragon business. There otherwise aren't any real rule revisions to consider other than I will laugh at you if you use motive-boost auras like snapdragons or plantsims to circumvent it.

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 March 18, 09:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Start in winter.  Grin

Good luck with that. I started a new legacy, and for a bit of difficulty, started it in winter. I ended up having to sell nearly all her furniture to build her a roof, because every two seconds, she's drop out of whatever I'd cued up for her, or sleeping, or bathing, to whine, "It's snowing in my house!"

Not sure how one would accomplish anything living outdoors in winter.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: