More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:37:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Not sure I broke it but; overly generic wants?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not sure I broke it but; overly generic wants?  (Read 2269 times)
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Not sure I broke it but; overly generic wants?
« on: 2008 February 07, 10:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me crazy, but the Ottomas family is one of my favorite families to play with. (with the fix of course. ) Well, somehow I borked the G002 Seasons 'hood so the Seasons characters weren't stuck in every neighbourhood. I'm not sure how categorically I DID that, but when I checked my files I found that the files for them did exist, but only as the most basic of character data; all other information on them was erased right down to age stages, and apparently they were all Grow Up or Grilled Cheese aspriations.

At the risk of refireballing my 'hood, I recreated all those characters with customised memories, correctly notorised ages and genders, reconfigured interests and personality points and jobs where relevant. Much to my shock and awe, they work. Perfectly. No errors at all except for little Tommy refusing to throw any wants until childhood. The issue might just be my imagination, though, but the wants they're getting all seem to be very generic.

Reason I'm not sure there's an actual issue is because the wants relate to their aspiriatons, but they're very typical wants and compared to my other families, seem to register relationships to other Sims and events in their lives very very infrequently if at all, and once fulifilled it can take several rerolls to see another. Dora exemplifies my point; previously, Family Sims of mine only ever got Woohoo wants where there was a viable Woohoo canditate, but there is not; and she keeps throwing the 'Woohoo in Bed' want.

I can live with this, but; BFBVFS in the long term? I don't really CARE because it's a brand new hood and honestly it was fun rebuilding them, but thought I should ask. All systems appear go as of now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Not sure I broke it but; overly generic wants?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 07, 12:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generic wants are relatively normal in no-history sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Not sure I broke it but; overly generic wants?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 08, 05:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Whoo! For once I didn't bork it! : D Thankyou!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: