More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:56:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511993 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #300 on: 2008 April 25, 03:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are in Hobbies ... Misc. with the crafting benches.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: 2008 April 25, 04:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made another attempt at voodoo debugging, although I suspect it will not fare any better. Someone give it a try and let me know if it works. At the moment the format of the FX file is inscrutable and I just imported the CS one wholesale. I have tried fiddling with it some more.

Where can I get this file--the "fixed core functions"?  I redownloaded the core functions file from page 1 but it's still the file dated Feb 10.  My beaches are like ascarrott's were, the waves stop about 3 tiles from the shore.  When I remove the core functions file, the waves work fine.  I'd love to try the "fixed" core functions file!
« Last Edit: 2008 April 25, 04:47:14 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2008 April 25, 09:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/csconv/test/
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: 2008 April 25, 13:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much Havelock!  I'm going to try it right now!

Edit:

I did try the new file in my game and it works great!  I have the waves right where they need to be!  Thanks again for the file!  I really love the beach lots, since BV I play only Crescent Island now so the majority of my lots can be beachfront.  And they now have the right kind of waves!
« Last Edit: 2008 April 27, 05:19:09 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2008 May 07, 00:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case anyone interested in all the CS objects doesn't watch PMBD, 'devilsrope' posted a bunch of the CS recolors of current game objects as well as some of the new objects not here. Linkage to post.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2008 May 07, 10:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get this file--the "fixed core functions"?  I redownloaded the core functions file from page 1 but it's still the file dated Feb 10.
Clear your cache.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2008 May 17, 21:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I just wonder where I can learn how to convert Sim Castaway objects to be used in the "real" Sims2? There is so many objects I really want to use in my game.
Thanks.

/Lisen
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008 May 17, 22:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I just wonder where I can learn how to convert Sim Castaway objects to be used in the "real" Sims2? There is so many objects I really want to use in my game.

Look in the Peasantry forum here -- one of our members has converted pretty much all the furniture and objects from CS to be used in the Sims.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2008 May 17, 23:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you jsalemi  very much
Very nice....
/Lisen
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2008 June 24, 07:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, is there any special reason that coconut drink is autonomous but eat banane or papaya is not?
I've been checking the files but didn't find out why. Everything seems to be the same but banane and papaya are only eaten at command.
Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008 June 24, 11:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably just sadorandom OCDness. I didn't change the autonomy values, they are EAxian.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Para
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2008 June 24, 13:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ich have the same problem. Even if there ist only one Papaya tree and nothing else to eat.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008 June 28, 10:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't had time to check thoroughly. Are the papaya and banane clones from the coconut? Have had previous cases where clones don't work like the mother because there's somewhere a GUID test. If the clone is keeping an old GUID somewhere and doesn't match the new GUID of the object, it stops the interaction.
I'm placing questions because I have absolutely no time to read a complete object right now.

Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008 June 28, 10:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not clones of each other or anything. All the objects are cloned from the original Castaways, so unless this behavior DOESN'T occur in standard Castaways, it's functioning according to EAxis design.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2008 June 28, 16:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check again. Haven't tested yet but found already a discrepancy.
Interaction: Gather Papayas and Gather bananes have a GUID check. "Check if the object is an instance of 0x331576AA.
This is the GUID for the coconut tree. Don't know about EAXIS original. If it was this way, it won't work in Castaways either.
I don't have the crap.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2008 June 28, 17:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check again. Haven't tested yet but found already a discrepancy.
Interaction: Gather Papayas and Gather bananes have a GUID check. "Check if the object is an instance of 0x331576AA.
This is the GUID for the coconut tree. Don't know about EAXIS original. If it was this way, it won't work in Castaways either.
I don't have the crap.
That's not an EAxis original, and it's not a GUID test, it's a GUID load for RTBN by GUID. It is also not part of the check tree, so would not prevent the action.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 June 28, 18:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't find anywhere anything that gives autonomy to the other two trees.
The coconut tree has other interactions where my Sims just climb the trees and make strange sounds.
Though the same interaction is available for the papaya tree, it also doesn't happen autonomously and sincerely I would not recomend to play a monkey in a papaya tree. I saw a papaya tree once and it didn't seem climbable.
There's also an atribute where papaya gets Id 03.
The interactions mention Local 0001 (food Id) :=Literal 04 in both coconut and papaya.
You know, I'm getting tired.
I place the trees on the lot only so that visitors climb and eat self and don't walk around with hunger icons on think bubbles. It irritates me. Suddenly hungry visitors don't leave anymore like before, they just stay up to 2AM thinking hungry.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008 July 12, 07:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to get the beach behavior in TS2 ?

I talk about walking in the water and swimming when it's deep, fishing, mirror water, terrain paint and fishes !
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2008 July 12, 13:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bon Voyage added some beach behaviors -- sims can swim in the ocean. But there's no fishing in the ocean, alas.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008 July 12, 14:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it but sims can't walk in the water, they directly swim because there is an hidden portal !

I think the CS way is more realistic that's I ask if it's possible to get it in TS2 !
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 July 12, 15:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done any simming in a few months. I miss CS much more than TS2.

Mirror water you can get via hacks, I think. And there's already terrain paint in the game, and you can download more. You can fish in ponds, just not the ocean.

INFP or something
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2008 July 13, 10:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marvine made an interesting waterfall where she also added a shower. This way Sims enter in water to take a shower and it looks very realistic. It is necessary to dig a hole to place the waterfall otherwise the water would fly. The beach portal could include a small similar depression filled up with water and the possibility to walk on it. But I suppose that only Maxis could do this because we cannot change the area. It is solid and would not present any problem I suppose.
I use to place this wracked ship on the beach and it is dead dark during the night. I got one of those light posts and placed with move objects on directly on the first squares under the ship, on the left side of the captain log cabin and get the ship somewhat more illuminated in the night. So, it is consistent. If it was a little bit more surface water, Sims could walk on it without problems.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 July 13, 23:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the beach lots are locked, but about normal lots which are expanded over the sea, if CS use beach portals, it will be possible to put them manually in those lots !
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2008 July 26, 12:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Peeable Bush (because "real" toilets don't look quite right in an ancient stone temple), but when I sent a sim to use it, the sim errored out. I figured maybe it required CoreFuncs, but that caused my game to crash on loading. I don't know where the error log went, I'll generate a new one today. Maybe the object requires an EP I don't have?

Edit:
Yes, it happened. I tried it in my test neighbourhood and got an error log.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 27, 03:53:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: 2008 July 31, 23:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have those objects that you wanted, not all, but these below:

Hydrant
Animal's Bed
Painting
Sofa
Flower

Click on the link below to get it:

http://w16.easy-share.com/1699992079.html

I don't have only the  Station Fish and Ice Block.

If someone could put here the other ones, it'd be nice.

when i click on this link i get file not found  Huh  anyone have them still? 

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: