More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:44:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511957 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #200 on: 2008 February 19, 06:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was nice of you to share, i really liked it in my game have tested it now and i found one problem, and i read about it, the coconut-tree. It will not be able to move, after the monkin-doing thing. And I downloaded the file yesterday. Do I have to use *moveobject*?
This is a bug that was part of the original object in Castaways. It should be fixed in the most recent version. Does this still happen even when the trees are replaced under the most recent?

And then I also read that the fruits wont get into the inventory, that is very sad, becouse I was hoping that i could sell it at my marketplace, thats why I really wanted to ask you if there is a very small chanse that the trees maby in the future could be like "modded" so that the fruits could be in inventory after harvest them, and then be able to sell fruits in ofb? I dont really want to have it right now, not in a hurry, but I would like to hear if it is possible just.
The fruits don't go in your inventory after you harvest them because there are no fruits. They don't exist in Castaways, so when translated to the real game, they still don't exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sweetlilja
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 February 19, 06:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But isnt there any way to make them "exist", so you could use the animations  from when they are eating only? I have seen several objects, maby not from this webside, where they have used animations to do other things.

when where the most resently trees uploaded here? becouse this in my game are from sunday, and still wont work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 February 19, 07:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which tree didn't work, and what actions broke it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 February 19, 17:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the most recent version 2/4/2008. The only tree that isn't working is the banana tree. I sent a sim to get banana's 3 times, and no fresh food points were added to the fridge. 
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 February 19, 18:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the hyenas... there are five of them. As I said, they worked fine in my game just sticking them in the Pet Breeds file.

Thank you but about the jaguar, is it possible to do the same thing ?
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 February 19, 18:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you but about the jaguar, is it possible to do the same thing ?

Unfortunately, I think the jaguar is more of a "monkey situation." The hyenas are really just dogs, as far as I can tell, that happen to have a scripted story part - otherwise, they're pretty typical. The jaguar is a new species. At the very least, the jaguar isn't in the pet breed bin so if it is portable, it's probably a job for Pes.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 February 19, 20:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't pull out the sharp-pointies on me, but... I can't seem to locate the Grail!

..perchance, as per your emphasis on there being only one, is it the 'reward' you spoke of for playing the singing stones mini game?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: 2008 February 19, 20:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the grail is in misc/misc.  It's not just the cup, it's also the statuary and platform the cup sits upon -- so you may not recognize it immediately.

Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 February 19, 20:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..that's where I had assumed it'd be located. Not there, for me.. though I do have a shiny 'mailbox cover' that I don't recall downloading.. (haven't played this game for a few months..)

...I definitely have the file, in the same folder as all my other MATY files..
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 February 19, 21:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He is on the end of the misc misc list he is very expensive.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008 February 19, 21:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..thanks for the help, found it. Eh, I suppose that's a fair price tag. Thanks, Pescado! Your efforts certainly are appreciated!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 February 19, 22:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone is interested i made the native rugs from CS for Ts2. Get them in this tread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11128.0.html
bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 February 20, 01:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks Havelock, the animal skin rugs were definitely on my prayer list.
smochina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 February 21, 13:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about swimmable lake??  Can you make  the lake like in "Castaways"?? Huh
sweetlilja
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 February 21, 15:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it was the coconut tree and it was after the monking-thing. But i will try to reload it today, maybe the file is new now
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 February 21, 16:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about swimmable lake??  Can you make  the lake like in "Castaways"?? Huh

Pescado sayd no. Actually in CS swimmable, fishable pond, lava pond and swamp are like terrainbrushes. I have seen various Controllers Luascripts and other stuff related to them in the gamefiles. No one knows what is needed to make them work. The only efford i made was to get rippled water but witouth the reflections.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 February 22, 18:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a try, but I don't have the game. I played it on console, I didn't need to do it again.

It's (so far, I've only played a little) a lot different on the PC - I miss the console version. Used to be that console sim games were heavily scripted and the PC allowed freedom - now the PC one only allows one goal at a time while the Wii version says "here's 30 goals, 3 islands, a handful of sims and monkeys, and hundreds of plans for building things. Go wild.". If only the wiimote controls didn't suck so hard... is the control better on the PS2? There is a PS2 version, right?

INFP or something
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 February 22, 18:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a try, but I don't have the game. I played it on console, I didn't need to do it again.

It's (so far, I've only played a little) a lot different on the PC - I miss the console version. Used to be that console sim games were heavily scripted and the PC allowed freedom - now the PC one only allows one goal at a time while the Wii version says "here's 30 goals, 3 islands, a handful of sims and monkeys, and hundreds of plans for building things. Go wild.". If only the wiimote controls didn't suck so hard... is the control better on the PS2? There is a PS2 version, right?

There is a PS2 version, and a DS version. I played the Wii version, I didn't find the controls annoying, just the usual sim annoyances.
sim- "*Wave wave whine* I can't do that!
me- You are standing right there!!!
sim- There is a minuscule land hump in front of this tree, I can't get the banana!
me- Go around then.
Sim- nope, still can't get the banana.
sim*whine whine whine* I'm hungry
me- get the banana
sim- I'm too hungry to get the banana.
*head desk head desk*

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 2008 February 23, 08:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is like that on the DS verion, but they only do it once. The worst one is when their hygiene drops too low-you can't queue anything while they whine about how much they stink.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 February 23, 17:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept missing and clicking on the wrong thing with the wiimote, and switching sims seemed to be hit or miss - I read that on the PS2 it's just a matter of hitting shoulder buttons, wheras on the Wii you have to click on the profile, click on it again, not accidentally click "cancel your current action", and then hope it switched. I suppose I'm just used to the bitching about uneven terrain by now, I didn't even notice it.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 February 23, 18:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, HEY! This is a site for REAL GAMES. REAL GAMES ONLY!

nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 February 23, 20:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! How can I clone CS objects for TS2? Where can I found a tutorial?... Some ideas?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 February 23, 21:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get the jungle swing for the real TS2? I'm kind of bored with the base game swing and the Seasons pre-order gift swing, so I'd like the tree swing in my game as something different.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 February 23, 22:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! How can I clone CS objects for TS2? Where can I found a tutorial?... Some ideas?

First, you must understand how to create an object in TS2 before doing anything !
Please visit MTS2 @ http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2008 February 24, 05:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get the jungle swing for the real TS2? I'm kind of bored with the base game swing and the Seasons pre-order gift swing, so I'd like the tree swing in my game as something different.

Somewhere out there is a base game swingset recolored so that all but the chains and seat are invisible.  The swing can then be placed next to a tree to look like a tree swing.  (Sorry, I don't have it in my game anymore and I don't remember who made it.)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: