More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:08:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511820 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #175 on: 2008 February 16, 14:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some experimenting I got more outfits to work but now look at this:

There are weird textures and necklines or "broken" or to thin arm!
How could EAxis ever let it like this?
Now I have to find someone who would fix this...

I have only tried the swimsuit but it looks good in CAS. Have you used the Mesh who has LOD15 in her name ? This could cause the described look.

Para
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 February 16, 16:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Havelock
Not all of the outfits have these Problems with arms, a big part of them work ok. When you take a closer look on the outfits in CAS of Castaway Stories you will also see that sometimes the arms looks weird when the sim move them.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The CS mask & clothes moved !!!
« Reply #177 on: 2008 February 17, 12:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WARNING: I've got moved the mask & clothes into a new topic, and the Castaway casual four collection has been updated, so please remove the previous ones and re-download them !

CS masks and clothes @ http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11112.0.html
« Last Edit: 2008 February 17, 12:59:33 by Kabuto » Logged
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 February 17, 20:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on the monkey?
Is it transferable or not?
Thanks Kiss
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 February 17, 22:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on the monkey?
Thanks Kiss

Yes, only as a safari hunt trophy !

I have only tried the swimsuit but it looks good in CAS. Have you used the Mesh who has LOD15 in her name ? This could cause the described look.

LOD15 is used in Low definition mode but it's never used.
The MTS2 tutorials recommend to ignore them and do not add them in our meshes.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 17, 22:53:09 by Kabuto » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 February 18, 02:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on the monkey?
Thanks Kiss

Will you PLEASE read the whole thread, your question was answered by Pescado himself on page 7.

Can nobody shed any light on the monkey situation for me?  Kiss Happy Valentine's Day Kiss
It is not believed feasible to extract an entirely seperate species of critter, as the animation strings wouldn't be recognized by the engine and all of the underlying hardcode would be totally absent.

I have absolutely NO modding/hacking ability and even I knew it wasn't possible to extract an entire species and put it in Sims2.  The Hyenas, yes, their LOOKS i would imagine could be made in Sims2, but i doubt if they'd act the same way.  First instinct is to attack, tho Pesacdo has reported the possibility of making an Attack Dog.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 February 18, 04:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's possible. It'd just require rewriting nearly all of the game code.  Roll Eyes If saladoor wants it so much, he can tackle it himself.
(Statement based off of past programming experience in other games, not Sims2. Your mileage may vary, but is most likely to be much, much poorer as Sims2 is a more graphically/googly-gunk rich game than RPGmaker et al. and contains loopy crap code. Hence why I have never bothered to crack it....well, that and the fact that people like Pescado kick my ass in that arena.)

Greedy grubby-handed children.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 18, 05:04:19 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2008 February 18, 07:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay-the next person who asks about transferring the monkey to the 'real' game has to wash Pescado's socks. With their tongue.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 February 18, 11:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He wears socks Shocked ? And there I thought socks are for wusses Tongue.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2008 February 18, 11:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He wears socks Shocked ? And there I thought socks are for wusses Tongue.

Gotta wear socks with army boots.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 February 18, 12:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotta wear socks with army boots.

Oops - I completely forgot about the army boots. Silly me Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 February 18, 13:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's possible. It'd just require rewriting nearly all of the game code.  Roll Eyes If saladoor wants it so much, he can tackle it himself.
(Statement based off of past programming experience in other games, not Sims2. Your mileage may vary, but is most likely to be much, much poorer as Sims2 is a more graphically/googly-gunk rich game than RPGmaker et al. and contains loopy crap code. Hence why I have never bothered to crack it....well, that and the fact that people like Pescado kick my ass in that arena.)

I've already done so, but i aint sharing!  Shocked
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2008 February 18, 13:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already done so, but i aint sharing!  Shocked

Proof please.

saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 February 18, 15:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 February 18, 16:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hyenas, yes, their LOOKS i would imagine could be made in Sims2, but i doubt if they'd act the same way.  First instinct is to attack, tho Pesacdo has reported the possibility of making an Attack Dog.

I was actually just coming here to ask if anyone had done this. Naturally it'd act like a dog, but I think they're purty and with all the freaky pets out there, it'd be nice to have some variety without wading through monstrosities like the ones in the More Awful Than You Pets thread. So yeah, any word on the possibility of extracting it as a dog template?

INFP or something
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: 2008 February 18, 17:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anybody tried to extract the rain collection towers and wind current generator on Castaway?
I know they are useless on the Sims 2 game but I would like them for decorative purposes.
When I extract and tried to use them on the Sims 2, the object freezes time on my lot when I placed them. Did anyone encountered this problem too?

Do anybody has any idea about what could be causing this problem? The wind generator works fine when extracted but the rain tower freezes time on the lot.

I wouldn't want to use them in the game without cloning them onto a base game object, like the Venus statue.  Those items have specific, non-decorative functions in Castaway and I wouldn't trust the unedited code in the Sims 2.  Strip out the mesh (GMDC) and the textures and use nothing else from the original object.

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 February 18, 19:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin
Proof or else because no one actually believes you at this point. Plus the way you're acting looks like you can't program a hacked object

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 February 18, 20:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your right i can't, i was being facetious because somebody was being a blue meany, sorry. I hang my head in shame!

Actualy on a more serious note, has anybody got the workbench to make anything other than the kids toys, mine does not do any robots at all not even the toy one, and the one which was originally with the game has ceased to function too...

Just wondering if other folk were having this wee problem?
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 February 18, 20:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually just coming here to ask if anyone had done this. Naturally it'd act like a dog, but I think they're purty and with all the freaky pets out there, it'd be nice to have some variety without wading through monstrosities like the ones in the More Awful Than You Pets thread. So yeah, any word on the possibility of extracting it as a dog template?

This is actually really easy for a nice change of pace. Copy the Hyena files from C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\PetBreeds into the My Docs Pet Breeds file in TS2. Voila, hyenas available in Create-A-Pet. Easy peasy and no problems I've seen so far (I did this a few days ago).
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 February 18, 20:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is actually really easy for a nice change of pace. Copy the Hyena files from C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\PetBreeds into the My Docs Pet Breeds file in TS2. Voila, hyenas available in Create-A-Pet. Easy peasy and no problems I've seen so far (I did this a few days ago).

Anyone want to pass along that pet template file from Castaway? I'll give it a try, but I don't have the game. I played it on console, I didn't need to do it again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008 February 18, 21:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the hyenas... there are five of them. As I said, they worked fine in my game just sticking them in the Pet Breeds file.

* Hyenas.rar (64.03 KB - downloaded 2033 times.)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 February 18, 22:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, will check this out, after the hour it takes for my game to load. *sigh*

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
sweetlilja
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 February 18, 23:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was nice of you to share, i really liked it in my game have tested it now and i found one problem, and i read about it, the coconut-tree. It will not be able to move, after the monkin-doing thing. And I downloaded the file yesterday. Do I have to use *moveobject*?

And then I also read that the fruits wont get into the inventory, that is very sad, becouse I was hoping that i could sell it at my marketplace, thats why I really wanted to ask you if there is a very small chanse that the trees maby in the future could be like "modded" so that the fruits could be in inventory after harvest them, and then be able to sell fruits in ofb? I dont really want to have it right now, not in a hurry, but I would like to hear if it is possible just.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2008 February 19, 00:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was nice of you to share, i really liked it in my game have tested it now and i found one problem, and i read about it, the coconut-tree. It will not be able to move, after the monkin-doing thing. And I downloaded the file yesterday. Do I have to use *moveobject*?

And then I also read that the fruits wont get into the inventory, that is very sad, becouse I was hoping that i could sell it at my marketplace, thats why I really wanted to ask you if there is a very small chanse that the trees maby in the future could be like "modded" so that the fruits could be in inventory after harvest them, and then be able to sell fruits in ofb? I dont really want to have it right now, not in a hurry, but I would like to hear if it is possible just.

JMP addresses the fruit into inventory stuff here. You may want to redownload the trees again to make sure you have the most recent version. There was an issue with them getting stuck and undeletable (is that even a word?) without moveobjects but it was addressed and corrected I believe.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 February 19, 01:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've got a new page, so that means it's time for Saladoor to come a-knockin with his monkeys.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: