More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:41:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511821 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #125 on: 2008 February 10, 19:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to get all impatient or anything, but I was wondering if any of the following objects are on your to-be-ripped list: hot tub, portapotty, easel, food basket, behind the technology curve stove, cowry cash register, ash grabber trash pit, poker table, luau buffet, deluxe moth wicker dresser, jungle swing, or the modular stairs. Thus far, my inferior skills have been unsuccessful in getting these particular objects working in real TS2. I have some ideas on how to work around some of the issues but it'll be long, tedious, painful, and produce an inferior product. I'll do it if these objects don't appeal to you (a real TS2 island village- DO WANT), but my head may explode if I go through all the torture only to find that you've uploaded better, cleaner, superior-in-every-aspect versions.

On another note, has anyone had any success extracting the new hats? I think I maybe figured out how to do clothes but hair eludes me. My stupid, let me show you it.

Easel, Poker Table, modular Stairs overwrite correspondending Items in Game. The modular Stairs are the Atomic age Stairs in red and silver as an exemple. However the Easel would be nice if we could produce the Leather Paintings with them, but knowing EAxis it isnt possible.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 February 10, 19:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to get all impatient or anything, but I was wondering if any of the following objects are on your to-be-ripped list: hot tub, portapotty, easel, food basket, behind the technology curve stove, cowry cash register, ash grabber trash pit, poker table, luau buffet, deluxe moth wicker dresser, jungle swing, or the modular stairs.
Hot tubs are a PITA to rip, and this hot tub offers no real advanced functionality over the existing hot tubs. The Stove is being looked into, although previous attempts at ripping it have been unsuccessful. The Trash Pit was attempted. Mixed success results: It works, but it leaves flashing blue and light blue holes semipermanently gouged into the terrain, and is thus unaccetable. The Food Basket has no equivalent functionality in TS2-proper and would be totally useless. Easel/Poker conflict with the existing Real-Sims versions, as mentioned before, and therefore standard ripping procedures are inapplicable as a cleanrip cannot be produced. Modular staircases cannot be ripped without core file editing, plus they reportedly conflict. Investigation into other potential rips are pending. Let me know if you can get the trashpit to stop making flashing blue holes, and I can merge it with the cleaned work I already did.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 February 10, 19:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided I was so hoping for those modular stairs and the Easel...

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
Para
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 February 10, 20:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made 7 cs recolors of adult female shaman outfit from university ep without tattoos
http://rapidshare.com/files/90747426/afshaman.rar.html
Maybe someone wants them.
Let me know if there is some redundant crap inside...

What about taking only the meshes and textures from these stairs and make completely new modular stairs with them?
burnished_dragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 February 10, 20:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I some where miss the post on the steamer trunk is it pillageable?  I love the stuff so far, Had a sim on a beach lot with only a lean to and a barbque and all he could make was hotdogs, even though he had a fish pond. I really wanted a survivor an unfortunately I had to give him electricity for the fridge and water for a communal shower.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 February 10, 21:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easel/Poker conflict with the existing Real-Sims versions, as mentioned before, and therefore standard ripping procedures are inapplicable as a cleanrip cannot be produced. Modular staircases cannot be ripped without core file editing, plus they reportedly conflict.
Probably showing my stupid as well, but can't you just set a new GUID for the modular stairs, as well as the easels? The easels would take more work...you'd need the easel and the canvas, then a lot of BHAVs have to be changed. If you don't want to muck with those, I can if given the files. I've already done it five times over for my own custom easels. I've not done build mode objects but it seems like it should be similar.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 February 10, 22:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easel/Poker conflict with the existing Real-Sims versions, as mentioned before, and therefore standard ripping procedures are inapplicable as a cleanrip cannot be produced. Modular staircases cannot be ripped without core file editing, plus they reportedly conflict.
Probably showing my stupid as well, but can't you just set a new GUID for the modular stairs, as well as the easels? The easels would take more work...you'd need the easel and the canvas, then a lot of BHAVs have to be changed. If you don't want to muck with those, I can if given the files. I've already done it five times over for my own custom easels. I've not done build mode objects but it seems like it should be similar.

Great idea Zazazu.  If ripping isn't possible, is there some talented recoloring person that would be willing to rcolor the hot tub?
I know I downloaded a replacement for the easel paintings somewhere.  Would something like that work?

g Wink
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 February 10, 23:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its not the Easel alone, its the different Canvas who makes it troublesome.
I have worked on it but after i was ready to test i got only the normal Canvas and Standard Paintings not the leather Canvas . I am not sure if its possible to add a custom Canvas to the Game.

For the Modular Stairs its not so hard to do but you need the Scriptorium for them to work. Have it done to some Modular Stairs before and have no probs.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 February 10, 23:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have worked on it but after i was ready to test i got only the normal Canvas and Standard Paintings not the leather Canvas . I am not sure if its possible to add a custom Canvas to the Game.
It should be. See mine here. Instructions as to which lines in the BHAV have to be changed here.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
smochina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 February 11, 14:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Can you make the "Pet Contest" from "The Sims Pet stories" for the "real"The Sims 2"?? It's that possible?? Would be very nice to have that! The don't put this in the "Pets"-expansion pach. Can you make this work for "The Sims 2",please??
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 February 12, 02:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Can you make the "Pet Contest" from "The Sims Pet stories" for the "real"The Sims 2"?? It's that possible?? Would be very nice to have that! The don't put this in the "Pets"-expansion pach. Can you make this work for "The Sims 2",please??
This isn't possible, as noted on the first page of this thread.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 February 12, 05:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to report a problem with the updated cs_corefuncs for the cs_shamanstation.
The problem is this: Whenever an Adult, or Elder Sim is in desperation for a certain Need, a lovely Error message comes up, and totally kicks the Sim out of their desperation faze…Until they start waving their arms in the air again. Basically, they can't complain without an Error Message coming up. How am I supposed to starve my beloved Sims, if whenever they complain, they are ripped out of their plight because of an Error Message?   

Just to be certain that it was the cs_corefuncs, I removed all my other CC, and I experimented with one of the EAxis-made Sims in Strangetown.
If you need more of the Error Log, please let me know. I cut it off at Global Simulator Variables. Here is part of the Error Log:

Build: 1.10.0.111
at Aug  4 2007,06:28:14

Object id: 215
name: N002_User00185 - Ajay
Stack size: 8
Error: Animation name is empty string.
Iterations: 918
  Frame 7:
    Stack Object id: 215
    Stack Object name: N002_User00185 - Ajay
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 8479 name 'Motive Helper - Play Get Attention' version -32752
    from PersonGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 6:
    Node: 13
    Tree: id 8261 name 'Motive Helper - Distress' version -32724
    from PersonGlobals
    Params: 8 2 0 34    Locals: 0
  Frame 5:
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 8250 name 'Motive Check - Bladder' version -32734
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 0 0
  Frame 4:
    Tree: id 8227 name 'Motive Check' version 38
    from PersonGlobals
  Frame 3:
    Node: 4
    Tree: id 8559 name 'Function - Main - Process Every Loop' version -32736
    from PersonGlobals
  Frame 2:
    Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
    from PersonGlobals
    Params: 5 20 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 1:
    Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 113
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 5 20 0
  Frame 0:
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
    from TemplatePerson
« Last Edit: 2008 February 12, 16:49:31 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 February 12, 06:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*waves hands around*
Pes, is this related to my issue? I haven't been playing since the errors have been pissing me off so much.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 February 12, 09:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh My Goodness. I downloaded the potion-making bench yesterday. Penguin Party... now I really wonder what those guys at EAxis are on.

More F than you
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 February 12, 09:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These all show up great in my game by the way, and i can remove them with without move_objects on

Just a question or two

• What is the groove thing, with the limbo bar, my sims only ever use it once and then get bored and walk away?

What is the difference between the aeroplanes?

Are the singing stones meant to do something or are they just decorative? I have no option to click on them!

Still not sure why but the new beds are blue in there thumbnail, in the buy catalouge, but they are'nt when i put them in the game, i'm only interested astheticaly, but not that bothered they rock.
Thanks Grin for adding more depth to my game, who even knew sims could climb trees!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 February 12, 10:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These all show up great in my game by the way, and i can remove them with without move_objects on

Just a question or two

• What is the groove thing, with the limbo bar, my sims only ever use it once and then get bored and walk away?

What is the difference between the aeroplanes?

Are the singing stones meant to do something or are they just decorative? I have no option to click on them!

Still not sure why but the new beds are blue in there thumbnail, in the buy catalouge, but they are'nt when i put them in the game, i'm only interested astheticaly, but not that bothered they rock.
Thanks Grin for adding more depth to my game, who even knew sims could climb trees!

1: You need another Sim perform on the the Bongos or the Pahu Drum to see this.

2:The Pieces are Deco the normal Aeroplane is for your Sim to play with. Click with active Sim on the Aeroplane a menue ....Play should be visible.

3. You need 4 of them on the same time. They have a little Game.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 February 12, 12:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much  Grin
smochina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 February 12, 20:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello!! Can you make an NPC monkey (like pinguin from "Seasons")?? An adopt him ,like in "Castaway"?? 
marvine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 February 12, 22:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loving the CS stuff, totally in line with what I'm currently working on Smiley

Just one thing to report: the toilet bush was nowhere to be found in my game, and I saw in SimPE that it doesn't have a category.  I put it under outside/plumbing/toilet and now it works fine.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 February 12, 22:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one thing to report: the toilet bush was nowhere to be found in my game, and I saw in SimPE that it doesn't have a category.  I put it under outside/plumbing/toilet and now it works fine.

I found it in my game under shrubs. So did the wardrobe wrangler.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 February 13, 06:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone looked into ripping the Tiki Lights ? I still get errors even if i rip the parts of them from the 01 - 09 folders and Objects Package. There must be a BHAV different between CS and TS2.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 February 13, 07:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to report a problem with the updated cs_corefuncs for the cs_shamanstation.
The problem is this: Whenever an Adult, or Elder Sim is in desperation for a certain Need, a lovely Error message comes up, and totally kicks the Sim out of their desperation faze…Until they start waving their arms in the air again. Basically, they can't complain without an Error Message coming up. How am I supposed to starve my beloved Sims, if whenever they complain, they are ripped out of their plight because of an Error Message?   

Just to be certain that it was the cs_corefuncs, I removed all my other CC, and I experimented with one of the EAxis-made Sims in Strangetown.
If you need more of the Error Log, please let me know. I cut it off at Global Simulator Variables. Here is part of the Error Log:
Corefuncs does not override anything like this, so no match. Also, cannot reproduce error. Check that you are running the most recent version. If you're having waving problems, perhaps you need "don't wave at me". There are no persondata overrides, or any overrides, far as I know, so I place the blame squarely on tight pants. That, or waving is broken even unmodified, and therefore you need DON'T WAVE AT ME.

It has a category: "Bushes". Bushes are found in build mode. With the other bushes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2008 February 13, 07:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something in the cs stories pilferage isn't playing nice with ACR. I haven't narrowed it down yet, though. I just thought I'd let you know that something isn't playing nice.

**Update: Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's the leaf bed. I don't know why it's causing problems, but oh well.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 13, 11:46:33 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 February 13, 11:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A singularly unhelpful diagnosis, since you haven't actually described any symptoms of this, nor is ACR a supported product in any way. All the items are made to Maxis-standards for their respective types. If something isn't playing well with it, then something is wrong with that something, period.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2008 February 13, 11:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and if you'd waited the three seconds longer it took me to finally track it down & upload an error log, you wouldn't look like a fool now.

I've been binary searching this all day, I am in no mood to put up with your pouty-face, so just look over the log & tell me if you need another while I'm in the mood to do this, mkay?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: